Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2021, 10:30 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
One of America's greatest resource is the amount of stupid people that can be persuaded easily. Just look at how many people follow the Kardashians.

Plato warned us that a Democratic society is the most dangerous because it allows stupid people to incite violence and dictate the rule of the land.
Universal suffrage is the downfall of democracy. Democracy only works when voting is restricted to those with skin in the game.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-31-2021, 10:47 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,026,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Universal suffrage is the downfall of democracy. Democracy only works when voting is restricted to those with skin in the game.
Agreed! Look at shareholders in a vote for companies. Only they are allowed to vote b/c they have skin in the game. Nobody else. Imagine for a moment if you had 1000 shares of Microsoft and some random fool down the block decided to vote that Windows should be given for free to everybody. You'd be angry at the waste of the company's money. Same thing with democracy.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:48 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Agreed! Look at shareholders in a vote for companies. Only they are allowed to vote b/c they have skin in the game. Nobody else. Imagine for a moment if you had 1000 shares of Microsoft and some random fool down the block decided to vote that Windows should be given for free to everybody. You'd be angry at the waste of the company's money. Same thing with democracy.
So you agree that essentially, this is all a business?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-31-2021, 01:07 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IForgotMyOldAccount View Post
did u just compare atk on capitol to a homeless man paroled for killing his mother

im dead lol.......
yes, because both attacks were only slightly different manifestations of mental illness, aka sick in the head.

Old 03-31-2021, 01:14 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
But then we have to define "skin in the game" ... and who gets to do the defining. I think originally the definition was only white male property owners.

Old 03-31-2021, 01:34 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
If you file a tax return that shows taxes paid, you get to vote. So I would forfeit my right to vote in NY if my tax return was solely based on my pension, but I could vote in federal elections due to my payment of federal taxes.

A very simple, color blind (since apparently race is all that matters nowadays) and apolitical definition. People who exist to mooch off of the system should not be able to wield their majority bloc to influence government in their favor. Doesn't matter if they are black people in the projects or white yokels from Kentucky. If you're not paying some form of taxes, you should have zero say in how the system functions.

You can keep going down the "white male" road if you like; I think you know by now that I don't care.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-31-2021, 02:38 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
If someone assaults a person due to what a politician told them I would say that yes, that person would have to be a fan of that politician to do something like that.
no one told anyone to do anything.
no one told anyone to do anything. all trump did was yell 'chyna virus' and 'kung flu' in all his press conferences. this was in turn repeated in every medium nonstop.

Quote:
Do you often take such drastic actions based on the words of politicians that you don't like, or are indifferent to?
you speak as if politics is purely black and white and people/issues fit into these neat little boxes and don't deviate from them.

again, read what I wrote.
if a message resonates with someone, it doesn't matter what their political leanings are.

think outside that little partisan box of yours.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:28 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
no one told anyone to do anything. all trump did was yell 'chyna virus' and 'kung flu' in all his press conferences. this was in turn repeated in every medium nonstop.

you speak as if politics is purely black and white and people/issues fit into these neat little boxes and don't deviate from them.

again, read what I wrote.
if a message resonates with someone, it doesn't matter what their political leanings are.

think outside that little partisan box of yours.
"Boy, Donald Trump's message really resonates with me! To the point where I'm going to go and whup some stranger's ***** over it. But I'm not a fan of Donald Trump!" Yeah, that makes sense.

This is completely illogical. If a politician's message resonates with someone, to the point that it would influence a person to commit a random assault, that alone would make that person a fan of that politician. A big fan.

Again, answer my question: do you commit drastic acts because of what politicians who you don't like, or are indifferent to, say?

Last edited by fat lou; 04-01-2021 at 11:48 AM..

Old 04-01-2021, 11:47 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
actions are louder than words... nobody is against normal blacks but the endless supplies of violent black perps into the communities who harm the safety of both black and non-black normal civilians......
Leoliu we been through this already.

Read my reply on "Why Asians Don't Fight Back" thread.

Lyndon B Johnson and others set things up this way to ensure there would be no Black, Brown and Yellow collaboration of any kind.

The answer is that Blacks and Asians need to reconcile our differences or divided we shall continue to fall. Look at our history in this country.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...l#post60585831

Old 04-01-2021, 11:52 AM

1,399 posts, read 890,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Leoliu we been through this already.

Read my reply on "Why Asians Don't Fight Back" thread.

Lyndon B Johnson and others set things up this way to ensure there would be no Black, Brown and Yellow collaboration of any kind.

The answer is that Blacks and Asians need to reconcile our differences or divided we shall continue to fall. Look at our history in this country.
LBJ has some of the best democratic quotes of all time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City