Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 03:43 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,053,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Me too.
At least, there is a level of fairness.

What's hilarious is that, according to the article, he had been screaming and cursing at other residents in the lobby for weeks, before he set his first fire last July.
If he screamed stuff like: BLM, "You oppress me", "Go away, white devils", that would have been brilliant.

I'm on Team Christian on this one.
Its one of the worst situations to be in, having a building terrorizing tenant. Thats daily stress, fearing for your safety and that of your family. Home is supposed to be the one place you escape the often hostile world. The kicker is this guy pays nothing, and set TWO fires.

This city has truly handed the asylum gate keys to the lunatics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 08:05 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,642,228 times
"The builders would stop taking the subsidies if market-rate people stopped accepting the arrangement."

Obviously, the market doesn't care. My building filled up practically instantly, with market rents I thought were downright stupid and would never have paid even when I was earning enough to. Too bad, Republicans. You worship the market, and it's told you to shut up.

(Also, I am a better neighbor than the market-rate tenants who: (a) smoke MJ so the whole floor has to smell it; (b) play their music too loud at some ridiculous hours; and (c) don't freaking understand how a trash chute works so whenever I go to put mine in I have to shove theirs down, too!!!)

Old 04-06-2021, 09:11 PM

18,850 posts, read 13,741,444 times
Ah, clearly it's a great arrangement. Randomperson says so! Lol

Btw, this Republican got exactly what he wanted. A huge pension, a big house and yard in the suburbs that I can hunt behind, and a front row seat without the risk to the comedy that is NYC in 2021.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-06-2021, 11:01 PM

926 posts, read 411,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post

Obviously, the market doesn't care.
The market absolutely does care. Why do you think home prices in Long Island or New Jersey suburbs are going up, while they are clearly down in the Upper West Side?

Old 04-06-2021, 11:03 PM

926 posts, read 411,977 times
Quote:

(Also, I am a better neighbor than the market-rate tenants who: (a) smoke MJ so the whole floor has to smell it; (b) play their music too loud at some ridiculous hours; and (c) don't freaking understand how a trash chute works so whenever I go to put mine in I have to shove theirs down, too!!!)
No offense, but it doesn't sound like you are in a classy or desirable building at all.

Old 04-07-2021, 03:13 AM

1,399 posts, read 883,154 times
Quote:

Obviously, the market doesn't care. My building filled up practically instantly, with market rents I thought were downright stupid and would never have paid even when I was earning enough to. Too bad, Republicans. You worship the market, and it's told you to shut up.

nyc housing is anything BUT free market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The entitlement in those threads is sickening.

See above

Old 04-07-2021, 07:48 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,858,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Unless it is an article bashing landlords , then kefir says it’s fine
NOTHING in the Post is ever "fine." It is the very definition of "tabloid sensationalism" meant to appeal to those who can barely read, and cannot think at all.

Old 04-07-2021, 07:50 AM

105,766 posts, read 107,756,464 times
Oh I am sure if it was some landlord bashing article you would hone in on it like a moth to a flame ...it does not even have to be true

Old 04-07-2021, 08:23 AM

1,402 posts, read 2,008,151 times
Quote:
"The builders would stop taking the subsidies if market-rate people stopped accepting the arrangement."

That sounds just like the building I just moved from, which was 70% market rate. The building I am in now is only 20% market but the neighbors are so much better (so far) and are more respectful of their surroundings. And the market apartments don't stay on the market long either.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:51 AM

596 posts, read 249,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
NOTHING in the Post is ever "fine." It is the very definition of "tabloid sensationalism" meant to appeal to those who can barely read, and cannot think at all.
lol so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
My favorite buildings are the ones with poor doors. Imagine paying a million for a 1bed condo, walking outside, turning the corner and entering a project building where ghetto rats pay $200/month to live in the same building as you, albeit on a lower floor. These types of buildings are beautiful massive trees that are rotting at the trunk. Funniest part is the lower subsidized units are all full while the "normal" part of the building is 75% empty. Hahaha liberals. The ghettos move in and complain their brand new free apts dont have the same amenities as their market rate counterparts. Lmfao!
I can answer that. Its called warehousing and tax breaks. Basically keeping units vacant is more profitable than renting out and converting units into condos to sell means more money. It's often intentional.

Also, $6,000/m um thats typically the price range for a condo not an APT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: