Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 05:27 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times

Advertisements

If only criminals get real punishment will there be true justice or less repeating offenders. Something you don't see in countries with high % of conviction rates. In the US, almost all politicians, judges, lawyers, and wall street folks all live in the most expensive and gated communities. They know what's up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 08:41 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Sorry I'm not in the correct body to have balls.
I have witness crimes and intervened and I have called 911. I've also been a victim of a crime and fought my attacker off myself while others stood around and watched.
Says someone barely a 100 pounds.

As I said above NO one expected these men to go out and play superman but they didn't flag down a cop and they did not call 911. Now they will collect unemployment, probably colleting more then they made at their job.
Yet another ignorant statement by someone barely 100 pounds. I have to say there aren't many brains associated with that near 100 pounds of body weight. Go strap your cape on and fight crime vigilante style. See how far you get.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:03 AM

5,682 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Yet another ignorant statement by someone barely 100 pounds. I have to say there aren't many brains associated with that near 100 pounds of body weight. Go strap your cape on and fight crime vigilante style. See how far you get.

Go do some research how much a door man makes. And how much they will collect in unemployment. Right now with the extra $300 a week the average doorman makes more on unemployment. And they just got past the holiday season, where they make the bulk of their money in holiday tips.

Why you need to mention my weight. Sound like you are jealous

Old 04-13-2021, 06:28 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Merely touching an injured person if you do not have medical credentials can get you on the wrong end of an expensive civil lawsuit.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:43 AM

1,059 posts, read 548,436 times
Did anyone notice that neither the young woman leaving the building, looking at her phone and the young man with the bag in his hand who came into the building paid any attention at all to the lady lying there on the ground? The phone walked right past her, just a few feet away. Not even a "what happened?'

Old 04-13-2021, 06:56 AM

6,452 posts, read 3,147,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Merely touching an injured person if you do not have medical credentials can get you on the wrong end of an expensive civil lawsuit.
I believe that there are "Good Samaritan" laws to cover that....

Old 04-14-2021, 02:03 AM

2,450 posts, read 972,943 times
Quote:
Go do some research how much a door man makes. And how much they will collect in unemployment. Right now with the extra $300 a week the average doorman makes more on unemployment. And they just got past the holiday season, where they make the bulk of their money in holiday tips.

Why you need to mention my weight. Sound like you are jealous
And what about their benefits? Their pensions that they are not contributing to, or the fact that maybe neither of them might be vested. What about their health insurance for their familes? Do you think everyone wants to sit home and collect unemployment? Most people aren't lazy 100 pounds bags of **** spewing **** and collecting taxpayer money.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
And what about their benefits? Their pensions that they are not contributing to, or the fact that maybe neither of them might be vested. What about their health insurance for their familes? Do you think everyone wants to sit home and collect unemployment? Most people aren't lazy 100 pounds bags of **** spewing **** and collecting taxpayer money.
LoL. Calm down baby boy it's almost like you're one of the door guys....you're getting so fired up. I work so you better bark up another tree on that insult. I'd love to see you put in the hours that I do at work. Yesterday I worked 15 hours

Also you make it very obvious just how many accounts you have and which different accounts are you

Old 04-14-2021, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
The majority of the people on this board were not suggesting touching the victim or going out there to defend the attacker. They are suggesting call 911 or at least go out and emotionally comfort the victim

Old 04-14-2021, 07:16 AM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
The majority of the people on this board were not suggesting touching the victim or going out there to defend the attacker. They are suggesting call 911 or at least go out and emotionally comfort the victim
This is from the article:

While the full lobby video shows that once the assailant had departed, the doormen emerged to assist the victim and flag down an NYPD vehicle, it is clear that required emergency and safety protocols were not followed,” the company said in a statement.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City