Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 07:06 PM

3,202 posts, read 1,689,610 times

Advertisements

I can't recall who said it but; "All that it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing."
When reading about crime in NYC it's like a live action remake of the last "Sienfeld" episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 07:09 PM

7,644 posts, read 6,434,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
I can't recall who said it but; "All that it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing."
When reading about crime in NYC it's like a live action remake of the last "Sienfeld" episode.

but deblasio, cuomo, and cancel culture help evil flourish.

If they tried to intervene, there would be tons of protests and people would burn down the city. Plus, NYPD won't do anything because of deblasio.

Last edited by Dangerous-Boy; 04-06-2021 at 07:44 PM..

Old 04-06-2021, 07:39 PM

3,720 posts, read 1,419,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Shadow View Post
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ttack-76903206

Their union will fight for them, let's see what will happen next.
What a hustle. I hope 32bj can defend those two men. Remember. We live in a very moralistic society now. If a companies views or actions are not online with the polity of the dominant class, than that business will face alienation. The employer had to fire the doormen based on moral grounds. This will go to court. The man could have attacked the doorman, her tanants guests, patrons, residents or other staff. Not only that, but the perp is a black male and that is also another situation. You don't want to harm blacks and anger white liberals, nyt, black activists. The doormen were in a loose/loose situation.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:44 PM

31,688 posts, read 26,622,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Since when can an employer force an employee to get involved in a dangerous situation that first of all occurs outside their place of employment?

This is some GD straight up BS; 1199 is strong and won't put up with their members being made scapegoats. What the *F* were those guys supposed to do? Run out there and put their lives in danger? Calling 911 is about extent of things I'd say, no state law forces people to involve themselves in dangerous situations, why should an private employer?
Wrong union, meant 32BJ.....

Old 04-06-2021, 10:20 PM

12,746 posts, read 8,202,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Since when can an employer force an employee to get involved in a dangerous situation that first of all occurs outside their place of employment?

This is some GD straight up BS; 1199 is strong and won't put up with their members being made scapegoats. What the *F* were those guys supposed to do? Run out there and put their lives in danger? Calling 911 is about extent of things I'd say, no state law forces people to involve themselves in dangerous situations, why should an private employer?
They weren't "forced" to get involved at all. Call the damn cops then and there. Let's not act like they were so afraid. If they were, the guy wouldn't have casually strolled over and closed the door. He would've RAN over and closed the door, then called 911 immediately as it was happening.

Instead they watched the women getting attacked WITH the door open, then after she's laying on the ground, the guy strolls over as if to say oh I'm not getting involved with this and closes the door. Doesn't look good at all.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:49 PM

5,040 posts, read 4,914,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
They weren't "forced" to get involved at all. Call the damn cops then and there. Let's not act like they were so afraid. If they were, the guy wouldn't have casually strolled over and closed the door. He would've RAN over and closed the door, then called 911 immediately as it was happening.

Instead they watched the women getting attacked WITH the door open, then after she's laying on the ground, the guy strolls over as if to say oh I'm not getting involved with this and closes the door. Doesn't look good at all.

Thanks for helping bugsy getting his facts straight... he needed it but i was hesitant to do so......

Fair to say that these two doormen were not alone...>80% of residents in NYC today are losing it and suffering moral degeneration. They are unwilling/unable to stand up for what is right, and are not ashamed to admit it publicly under all sorts excuses. Needless to say, the cultural/societal/legal systems have a lot to do with this moral degeneration epidemic.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:54 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,988,841 times
This is absolutely crazy....while the situation was altogether just unfortunate....I don't know how you could even fire them for this. I read it in the NYTs today and I was even thinking of writing a letter...even if it doesn't mean anything...they atleast have to know that there are people out there who think firing them for this is insane.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post

Let's get the facts straight first....
Quote:
A longer video of the building staff members’ response to the attack later obtained by The New York Times presented a fuller picture of what happened.

That video, which lasted for more than six minutes and showed both staff members standing by before responding, indicated they most likely did not witness the attack on Ms. Kari firsthand but were alerted to it by a delivery person who was in the lobby.

The video also suggested that the attacker lingered near the front of the building after the assault.
About a minute after one of the staff members closed the door, both of them left the building and appeared to help Ms. Kari. Mr. Mason’s email to residents said that they had also flagged down a police car.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/06/n...gtype=Homepage

If this is the case, I don't see how any of their reactions were unreasonable.

Remember, these are not law enforcement or military personnel or first responders of any kind...their reaction to an emergency or violent attack out of the scope of their experience or responsibilities is going to be delayed and cautionary.

Keep in mind that the perp just did a 19 year bid for stabbing his mother to death in front of his 5 year old sister. He's clearly a live wire and a maniac. If they had of confronted him physically, there's no telling where it would have went.

Last edited by itshim; 04-06-2021 at 11:11 PM..

Old 04-06-2021, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Edmund Burke...and I believe it was the late Richard Pryor and Jean WIlder who stared in "See no evil, hear no evil"

Old 04-07-2021, 12:04 AM

2,450 posts, read 965,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Let's get the facts straight first....
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/06/n...gtype=Homepage

If this is the case, I don't see how any of their reactions were unreasonable.

Remember, these are not law enforcement or military personnel or first responders of any kind...their reaction to an emergency or violent attack out of the scope of their experience or responsibilities is going to be delayed and cautionary.

Keep in mind that the perp just did a 19 year bid for stabbing his mother to death in front of his 5 year old sister. He's clearly a live wire and a maniac. If they had of confronted him physically, there's no telling where it would have went.
The management company is trying to identify the Amazon driver so he can face consequences from his employer. All of these scumbags seated in their high tower need to swing from lamp posts. Come downstairs and fight off some savage that killed his own mother. Let's see how tough you are when confronted with that situation. Show me where in the union contract it says the doormen are supposed to become human shields to a knife-wielding savage beating a person to a pulp. They will sue for wrongful termination, they will win. They will get their jobs back as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City