Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 10:22 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I think everyone knows that, but I'm not taking something that was rushed along, with no approval from the FDA just to say "I was vaccinated". I'll let people like you be the guinea pigs and see what the effects are. Some people have died from this vaccine, and others will die too. That's just a reality. I'd rather not be one of those statistics.
If everyone thought like you, we'd have to achieve natural herd immunity that would take nearly a decade and far more dead. Ever think of that?

Btw, just because you don't think you can catch a severe case of COVID today, doesn't mean you can't catch a severe case a year or two from now.

I catch the flu almost every year. All but once it's been the usual. 1 week and I'm done. However, one time I couldn't shake it for nearly 4 weeks.

You're taking a gamble either way. Even if you're the healthiest person alive, if you catch a large viral load, you're in for a world of hurt anyway.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:13 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Another clown. What compensation/recourse is there for people that get killed in car accidents or crossing the street?

Do you know how many people die because of mistakes made in hospitals? Do we shut down the healthcare industry?

The vaccines are meant to prevent MASS death and illness.

Of course it's extremely unfortunate for those that become statistics but we deal with that in everyday life with car accidents, drug abusers, alcoholics, smokers, etc.

Some people die having sex. Did you ever stop or will stop having sex?
No problem being a living, breathing clown as opposed to taking this new vaccine with those risks. J and J was the one I briefly pondered getting. My confidence was starting to build a bit. Not anymore though.

This is not an accident, drugs or alcoholism. Anyone who gets disabled or dies from the vax should have them or thier families compensated. These things always happen to somone else.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:20 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
If everyone thought like you, we'd have to achieve natural herd immunity that would take nearly a decade and far more dead. Ever think of that?

Btw, just because you don't think you can catch a severe case of COVID today, doesn't mean you can't catch a severe case a year or two from now.

I catch the flu almost every year. All but once it's been the usual. 1 week and I'm done. However, one time I couldn't shake it for nearly 4 weeks.

You're taking a gamble either way. Even if you're the healthiest person alive, if you catch a large viral load, you're in for a world of hurt anyway.
That's the beautiful thing about the U.S... Freedom of choice... Luckily not everyone thinks like me OR you... Just be glad you're here to argue about it. Some people have been vaccinated and haven't been so lucky, so yeah, I'll wait.

I just hope you were vaccinated because you wanted to get vaccinated, and not because the "gubment" said you should get a shot.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:25 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Everyone in my family has been vaccinated with the exception to my 7 year old. I feel very lucky most of the time so I'm sure we will continue to thrive. For the rest of you, feel free to exercise your freedom to choose. With your luck, your kids will probably get Autism from vaccines and you will be that 1 out of a million who suffers an adverse reaction to Covid vaccines. Oh and you'll likely lose your job during the next recession. Good luck out there.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:29 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That's the beautiful thing about the U.S... Freedom of choice... Luckily not everyone thinks like me OR you... Just be glad you're here to argue about it. Some people have been vaccinated and haven't been so lucky, so yeah, I'll wait.

I just hope you were vaccinated because you wanted to get vaccinated, and not because the "gubment" said you should get a shot.
Well stated. This is a medical issue. A person has the right to determine if they are ok with a treatment like this, and its risks. Sadly we are all further divided by yet another issue now, after a year of all kinds of divide.

The rift grows more everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: