Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 08:47 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times

Advertisements

https://patch.com/new-york/gardencit...e-ny-elsewhere

Feds: Pause Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine In NY, Elsewhere

BREAKING: The FDA and CDC say New York should pause the use of the vaccine produced by Johnson and Johnson because of blood-clot concerns.

Posted Tue, Apr 13, 2021

The FDA reported that, as of Monday, more than 6.8 million doses of New Jersey-based company's vaccine have been administered in the U.S. The CDC and FDA are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot in individuals after receiving the vaccine.

All six cases occurred among women between the ages of 18 and 48, and symptoms occurred six to 13 days after vaccination, according to the statement.

including one who died, the New York Times reported.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:18 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Glad I waited. That's the one I'm considering getting.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:27 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
https://patch.com/new-york/gardencit...e-ny-elsewhere

Feds: Pause Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine In NY, Elsewhere

BREAKING: The FDA and CDC say New York should pause the use of the vaccine produced by Johnson and Johnson because of blood-clot concerns.

Posted Tue, Apr 13, 2021

The FDA reported that, as of Monday, more than 6.8 million doses of New Jersey-based company's vaccine have been administered in the U.S. The CDC and FDA are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot in individuals after receiving the vaccine.

All six cases occurred among women between the ages of 18 and 48, and symptoms occurred six to 13 days after vaccination, according to the statement.

including one who died, the New York Times reported.
"safe and effective" vaccine they said. And we still dont know the longer term effects of the others, if any. 6 cases is rare until more follow.

Now what compensation or legal recourse is there for them or thier families? An "oops we didnt mean for that to happen" is not sufficent here.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:41 AM

6,688 posts, read 6,033,238 times
and now they're saying that you are more likely to catch the south African variant if you have been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine!

"Not only could the variant "break through" protections offered by the Pfizer vaccine, but it uniquely affects those who have been vaccinated (around eight times higher) than those who have not received the vaccine — 5.4% to 0.7%."

https://denvergazette.com/wex/study-...91063d69e.html

Old 04-13-2021, 10:01 AM

1,399 posts, read 891,861 times
Personally I know of a couple of people who have gotten really sick from the vaccine, one of whom got covid again after his second dose.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:06 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Personally I know of a couple of people who have gotten really sick from the vaccine, one of whom got covid again after his second dose.
None of the vaccines are 100% effective at preventing infection or re-infection. What they are good at is preventing severe cases or death in case of infection in those individuals that would have moderate-severe cases.

I had COVID and got the JJ vax. For two days my side effects were way worse than my initial COVID infection. This doesn't mean I shouldn't have taken the vaccine and it doesn't mean the VAX is bad.

The goal of the vaccines is to prevent severe illness that leads to hospitalizations or death. They're not meant to prevent every case of COVID transmission and infection.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
"safe and effective" vaccine they said. And we still dont know the longer term effects of the others, if any. 6 cases is rare until more follow.

Now what compensation or legal recourse is there for them or thier families? An "oops we didnt mean for that to happen" is not sufficent here.
Another clown. What compensation/recourse is there for people that get killed in car accidents or crossing the street?

Do you know how many people die because of mistakes made in hospitals? Do we shut down the healthcare industry?

The vaccines are meant to prevent MASS death and illness.

Of course it's extremely unfortunate for those that become statistics but we deal with that in everyday life with car accidents, drug abusers, alcoholics, smokers, etc.

Some people die having sex. Did you ever stop or will stop having sex?

Old 04-13-2021, 10:10 AM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
How shocking.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:11 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Nine of the vaccines are 100% effective at preventing infection or re-infection. What they are good at is preventing severe cases or death in case of infection.

I had COVID and got the JJ vax. For two days my side effects were way worse than my initial COVID infection. This doesn't mean I shouldn't have taken the vaccine and it doesn't mean the VAX is bad.

The goal of the vaccines is to prevent severe illness that leads to hospitalizations or death.theyre not meant to prevent every case of COVID transmission and infection.
I think everyone knows that, but I'm not taking something that was rushed along, with no approval from the FDA just to say "I was vaccinated". I'll let people like you be the guinea pigs and see what the effects are. Some people have died from this vaccine, and others will die too. That's just a reality. I'd rather not be one of those statistics.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
and now they're saying that you are more likely to catch the south African variant if you have been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine!

"Not only could the variant "break through" protections offered by the Pfizer vaccine, but it uniquely affects those who have been vaccinated (around eight times higher) than those who have not received the vaccine — 5.4% to 0.7%."

https://denvergazette.com/wex/study-...91063d69e.html
That's not what the study indicates. Ignorant journalists don't spend the time to read the study. The study was run in Israel.

Basically, they saw higher infection rates of the SA variant amongst the vaccinated (as a %) compared to non vaccinated

. It simply means that the the vaccines are good at suppressing the non SA variant so as a percentage, if you do test positive after being vaccinated, you're more likely to test positive for the SA variant. It doesn't mean the vaccine makes you more susceptible to the SA variant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: