U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 02:15 PM

70 posts, read 14,412 times

Advertisements

-1 party city. Check.
-Perpetually runs deficits. Check.
-Over reliance on the finance sector for tax revenue. Check.
-Bloated public sector unions whose members barely do any work. Check.
-"Woke" Black and Hispanic politicians. Check.
-Soft judges and prosecutors. Check.
-Large number of homeless, mentally ill, and drug addicted population. Check.
-Violent crime concentrated in Black neighborhoods (South Side/West Side vs Brownsville, South Bronx, etc.)
Check. Doesn't matter how many candle lit vigils they hold. Crime won't go down unless you address core issues like the cycle of revenge and single parent households.
-Strict gun control laws that do nothing to reduce violent crime. Check.
-People fleeing for the suburbs due to high taxes. Check.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 03:18 PM

3,414 posts, read 1,191,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
-1 party city. Check.
Crime won't go down unless you address core issues like the cycle of revenge and single parent households.
by doing what?

Old 04-15-2021, 04:02 PM

1,071 posts, read 443,337 times
Taxes are higher in the burbs. Many leftists justify it to get away from the diversity they often preach.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:35 PM

3,414 posts, read 1,191,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Taxes are higher in the burbs. Many leftists justify it to get away from the diversity they often preach.
what does the right wing do?

Old 04-15-2021, 05:10 PM

70 posts, read 14,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
by doing what?
Basic things like emphasizing the importance of finishing school (not shooting for the stars here - just high school is enough), having parents stay together -ESPECIALLY the father, having fewer teen pregnancies, ending the no snitching rule, stop calling black cops Uncle Toms. You don't see these issues with recent African immigrants. Indeed, even the ones lacking formal education or English skills are working 16 hour days delivering food on Seamless and Uber Eats for tips in all weather conditions.

I can go on but apparently this is racist for an Asian (me) or indeed any non black person to provide constructive criticism in 2021 America.

Old 04-15-2021, 05:41 PM

1,293 posts, read 360,949 times
Quote:
Basic things like emphasizing the importance of finishing school (not shooting for the stars here - just high school is enough), having parents stay together -ESPECIALLY the father, having fewer teen pregnancies, ending the no snitching rule, stop calling black cops Uncle Toms. You don't see these issues with recent African immigrants. Indeed, even the ones lacking formal education or English skills are working 16 hour days delivering food on Seamless and Uber Eats for tips in all weather conditions.

I can go on but apparently this is racist for an Asian (me) or indeed any non black person to provide constructive criticism in 2021 America.
High School was enough for some previous generation or living MAYBE in a SMALL city upstate or PA etc.... It is not for Gen Z and even Millennials. Still for any area one lives..... you need to get degrees in areas that are desired in that area. I lived in Chicago waaaay back in the early 80s and had relatives there and planned to go further to school then.... yet did not. After a few years and couple recessions later. I realized I was not going to OWN a home there even then. Then my Father in PA had a major accident and the excuse to move back to small city central PA was on. I did and was able then to buy my first home and..... in a couple years married and well..... worked in decent but more jobs of less opportunity without a degree that aids in moving up the latter and never loved one of my jobs in 40 + yrs. Yet I do see I was a success to a degree. I aways worked, never did without always owned my home but for so many years it was all work no play and not riches though.

In other words. Get the degrees, seek out wherever some purhaps booming region of the Nation takes you. You can return home eventually if you choose. Just not if you did not make your riches. You are waaaay to young to remember apparently NYC in the 70s 80s into 90s. You did know NYC in 1975 was bankrupt and on her knees beggen for Pres Ford and Gov Loans.....

You today have a whole Nation to move to. I say .... if you got your education. Start planning. You can end up in NYC again if you change your mind. There are people in small cities all over the US working in warehousing and distribution centers with Degrees.... why. They got degrees in fields their small cities and County have little work for. Yet maybe loans to pay off and debt for other material things... keeps them there.

Oh and on you list. Like Chicago. People there do not move to the suburbs to have less taxes. In fact property taxes tend to be more. It is the STATE that is blamed most for high taxes there. Some claim just over the borders in IN and WI yet in the Chicago metro.... then it is cheaper. Sorry New Yorker's .... I do not think you save much living in NJ or CT.

Truly, young and educated..... why would you not want to see other parts of the Nation and YES where your views are more like them? Even a Trade can pay well... that is still a skill and those in a Union for it... they get still much more in NYC then if they transfer.

No degrees in a big city means little chance of success unless you save and can invest for success. Just working in a warehouse or Fast Food or Walmart is not easy and you work on salary for sure.... either the labor part of distribution or the hours in part in salary. Some in low-skilled and pay jobs do the overtime part for hire and fire outfits as long as they last there.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:36 PM

68 posts, read 184,242 times
Quote:
-1 party city. Check.
-Violent crime concentrated in Black neighborhoods (South Side/West Side vs Brownsville, South Bronx, etc.)
Check. Doesn't matter how many candle lit vigils they hold. Crime won't go down unless you address core issues like the cycle of revenge and single parent households.
You're way off pal. Good thing you're not running for Mayor. Go check out the murder rate in cities w/ looser gun laws (like Philly and Baltimore). Then, check the statistics from the Philadelphia Coroner's office about the rate of drug overdose deaths in Philadelphia County compared to say, Kings County, NY. Then come back to this board and tell us what you've learned.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:17 PM

98 posts, read 131,201 times
Quote:

Lololololololol. You can go on, I'm sure your simplistic solutions and other obviously maybe kinda racist posts say enough. What does NYC becoming Chicago even mean?

Old 04-15-2021, 07:28 PM

1,071 posts, read 443,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
what does the right wing do?
You again with your million questions...the right doesnt preach diversity.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:59 PM

314 posts, read 225,705 times
Quote:
-1 party city. Check.
Brilliant post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City