Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 11:35 AM

1,046 posts, read 469,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
I'm pretty sure that Megyn Kelly's daughter was at Spence, not Brearley. But anyway, all private prep schools seem to have followed the same path. Chapin, next door to Brearley, has, too. When Chapin (which was always considered to be more conservative, in a patrician way) goes woke, it tells you something REALLY went wrong somewhere along the way...

Anyway, a little while ago, another poster was convinced that most prep schools were basically dominated by rich Republicans. When I asked him/her to give us just one or two examples of conservative or moderate-leaning independent private schools in NYC, he/she never did. I doubt there are any, at this point. Would be very happy to be proven wrong, though.
LOL, on a post about a banker for a father pulling his child from a private school because they teach anti-racism. LOLOLOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 12:51 PM

926 posts, read 417,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
LOL, on a post about a banker for a father pulling his child from a private school because they teach anti-racism. LOLOLOLOLOL
Yes. And you still haven't answered the question. I asked you a few times, to no avail.

The logical conclusion is that you don't have an answer...

Old 04-19-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
I understand that the top ranked private NYC girls schools have long waiting lists for admittance. Where will this parent send his daughter?
They had waiting lists. Yes, absolutely.

But they truly went woke recently, and I believe this is going to affect their attractivity for a lot of families.

Paying a $50k+ tuition for your child to get a top-notch education is a lot different than paying $50k+ for him/her to be indoctrinated
into a divisive and destructive ideology.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:59 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,209 times
Quote:
Yes. And you still haven't answered the question. I asked you a few times, to no avail.

The logical conclusion is that you don't have an answer...
No, it's that I don't bother wasting my time arguing things I'm never going to agree on. Simple as that.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
No, it's that I don't bother wasting my time arguing things I'm never going to agree on. Simple as that.
Ok, so you don't and probably never knew what you were talking about.

Foolish me, I actually took you seriously.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:17 PM

18 posts, read 9,349 times
These schools were Ango Saxon schools, well the Anglo Saxons have moved to the suburbs

Old 04-19-2021, 02:30 PM

15,841 posts, read 14,472,390 times
Spend much time on the UES? There still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCRIDER View Post
These schools were Ango Saxon schools, well the Anglo Saxons have moved to the suburbs

Last edited by BBMW; 04-19-2021 at 03:22 PM..

Old 04-19-2021, 02:44 PM

93,286 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
I can't take Gutmann seriously after reading the below statement:

“We have not had systemic racism against Blacks in this country since the civil rights reforms of the 1960s, a period of more than 50 years. To state otherwise is a flat-out misrepresentation of our country’s history and adds no understanding to any of today’s societal issues. If anything, longstanding and widespread policies such as affirmative action, point in precisely the opposite direction."
https://time.com/4884132/affirmative...s-white-women/

https://www.usf.edu/diversity/equal-...ve-action.aspx

Old 04-19-2021, 08:37 PM

15,841 posts, read 14,472,390 times
There are still five whites for every black in this country. Do you think pissing them off by putting them at a structural disadvantage through affirmative action is the way to eliminate perceived discrimination against blacks? Affirmative action has likely created vastly more discrimination than it's eliminated. It's one of the main reasons conservative politicians are competitive in a lot of areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post

Old 04-19-2021, 08:50 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Megyn Kelly's daughter was at Spence, not Brearley. But anyway, all private prep schools seem to have followed the same path. Chapin, next door to Brearley, has, too. When Chapin (which was always considered to be more conservative, in a patrician way) goes woke, it tells you something REALLY went wrong somewhere along the way...

Anyway, a little while ago, another poster was convinced that most prep schools were basically dominated by rich Republicans. When I asked him/her to give us just one or two examples of conservative or moderate-leaning independent private schools in NYC, he/she never did. I doubt there are any, at this point. Would be very happy to be proven wrong, though.
Ramaz is about as rich and republican leaning as I can think of. The head rabbi spoke at the Republican national convention and is close with Ivanka. They had Jeb Bush as a guest speaker. And the graduates head for the ivys. It is not secular but does it still count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City