Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 05:54 PM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times

Advertisements

Even better is that it will prove to many cops that it is finally time to stop risking their butts over drug addicts and losers.

Let them kill themselves! Smile wave and have good gel pens for taking reports afterwards. Anyone who puts themselves in Chauvin's shoes from here on out did it to themselves. The people want perps running the streets! Give it to them.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 06:29 PM

8,378 posts, read 4,395,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Even better is that it will prove to many cops that it is finally time to stop risking their butts over drug addicts and losers.

Let them kill themselves! Smile wave and have good gel pens for taking reports afterwards. Anyone who puts themselves in Chauvin's shoes from here on out did it to themselves. The people want perps running the streets! Give it to them.

The police really should be allowed to use IV sedation instead of restraint on people who resist arrest, and that should have been the conclusion of this trial. Every other physician that I superficially spoke with about this case thought that this was a stress-related cardiac death. I mean, has any woman on that jury ever had "social relations" with some dude, and how did she ever survive his weight on her without getting asphyxiated?

Last edited by elnrgby; 04-20-2021 at 06:44 PM..

Old 04-20-2021, 06:34 PM

1,399 posts, read 892,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I knew that Chauvin would be found guilty. Beyond elated. Today is a wonderful day. Let this be a pivotal moment, towards those on law enforcement of the reckoning to come, when you murder someone inhumanely
Better speech than Pelosi

Old 04-20-2021, 06:35 PM

101 posts, read 61,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Better speech than Pelosi
She actually thanked George Floyd for sacrificing his life in the name of justice. No hyperbole, that's what she said. How tone deaf can you be.

Old 04-20-2021, 06:40 PM

1,399 posts, read 892,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamboy217 View Post
She actually thanked George Floyd for sacrificing his life in the name of justice. No hyperbole, that's what she said. How tone deaf can you be.
"What a heartbreaking event. Feel me peasants?" is what I got out of it. This is probably the biggest political case of our lifetime.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:05 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Minimum sentence is 12.5 years with 2/3rds of it in prison, 1/3rd on parole, so at least 8 years then add on aggravating factors and he'll be in state prison for probably a decade, at least. It was not a federal crime.
Depends who is looking at it. They put him away to quell the anger and potential for unrest not because he murdered someone.

Someone resisted arrest and the officer lost his cool in the scuffle. There was a crowd watching aggravating the situation even more and Chauvin lost his composure or used too much of an aggressive force.

Put ANYONE in that situation and they may not come out of it in good shape.

It would be an insult to police to make him serve all those years. I don't think they will do it.

AND Biden and Harris can ****. They weren't there and they aren't in the law enforcement industry. Just my opinion of course.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:25 PM

813 posts, read 403,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Cops feeling this way can carry those feelings to the unemployment line.
I agree. It is shameful that a sociopath was allowed to wear a badge and carry a gun.

There's some hope going forward now that the country has a real US Attorney General:

“Look, racism is an American problem,” Garland told ABC News.

“It’s plain to me that there has been and remains discrimination against African Americans and other communities of color, and other ethnic minorities. I think it’s reflected in discrimination in housing and employment and the justice system,” he said. “We do not yet have equal justice under law.”

https://nypost.com/2021/04/20/ag-mer...rican-problem/

Last edited by Rastafellow; 04-20-2021 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 04-20-2021, 08:10 PM

565 posts, read 362,091 times
Hopefully ya'll will learn someday to comply or continue to die. There's a reason ya'll always the ones. Year after year. I figured after Rodney King ya'll would learn. I was 18 back then. 30 years later ya'll still resisting and mouthing off and running away.

So what, a dirty cop is going to jail. Big deal. Ain't gonna bring anyone back from the dead.

Put ya hands on the wheel, don't reach for anything and obey police commands. Is it that hard? Homeboy here been pulled over at least 100x since 1990 and still alive to drive.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:21 PM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Found guilty.
Dude is gonna commit suicide by the end of the year.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:23 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Depends who is looking at it. They put him away to quell the anger and potential for unrest not because he murdered someone.

Someone resisted arrest and the officer lost his cool in the scuffle. There was a crowd watching aggravating the situation even more and Chauvin lost his composure or used too much of an aggressive force.

Put ANYONE in that situation and they may not come out of it in good shape.

It would be an insult to police to make him serve all those years. I don't think they will do it.

AND Biden and Harris can ****. They weren't there and they aren't in the law enforcement industry. Just my opinion of course.
There is no depends, that's what the law says and what the Judge will have to render. He was convicted on all three charges and will be sentenced based on the most serious charge, the minimum sentence is 12.5 years and the maximum sentence is 40 years. He will not serve less than 2/3rds of his minimum sentence if that's what he receives. He's not getting out of prison for at least 8 years.

There was no agitating "crowd" there were a handful of people begging him to get off his neck and offering to help and he kept his knee on a neck of someone who had no pulse for 3.5 more minutes.

It's not an insult to anyone to make a murderer serve their time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City