Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 10:27 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times

Advertisements

Gang members are not going to suddenly decide to end that life, and become shiny happy people focused on positive things.

There have been gang members who changed but theres few, and it took waaayy more then what Mayor Lurch Addams is proposing.

As for the more cops in high crime areas, normally this would be good. But now with criminals laughing at the law and the general public hate of police things are sadly different. Summer will suck here in regards to violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 06:24 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Gang members are not going to suddenly decide to end that life, and become shiny happy people focused on positive things.
I wonder if De Blasio believes his own s or he fully understands and he's just insulting our intelligence.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:04 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Because far too often innocent people who are stuck in these neighborhoods get caught in the crossfire? Do we just write them off too?

Sorry, you're an upstanding citizen in the ghetto, but you're still not deserving of protection because of a few violent thugs around you.
The key is to not reproduce if you can't afford to live in a safe neighborhood. Nobody has ever been able to provide a good reason why it is ever a good idea to give birth to a child in the projects.

I have many relatives who have been born and died in the PJs by gunfire, drugs, HIV or otherwise and I don't feel sorry for any of them, because they just keep breeding and don't stop and change anything.

We share the same DNA there is no reason you couldn't have done differently. Either that or I'm a genetic mutation. Or maybe they are the bad mutation.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:55 PM

155 posts, read 121,080 times
On what planet does Big Bird live? This is just comical.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:27 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
I think he's just stupid. Like not bad at his job, not a bad person, not a bad (fill in the blank)...just plain old stupid.
He's awful at his job bc he's very stupid.
There are a ton of politicians who are useless at their job because they are super corrupt but they are not dumb. Deblasio is a complete imbecile.

Old 04-23-2021, 02:21 AM

565 posts, read 361,864 times
I have to say for the first Summer probably since the mid 90s, I'm truly worried about the violence and gun play we're going to see this year. BLM/Antifa thugs + continued liberal covid nazi shutdown of NYC nightlife + bail reform + handcuffed NYPD + warm/hot weather = lots and lots and lots of wounded/dead homies!

Old 04-23-2021, 02:26 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
  • The NYPD is shifting 200 cops from administrative jobs to street patrols, a dramatic decrease from the 300 cops who got anti-gun assignments last summer.
  • 2,000 summer jobs
  • Night basketball games at 100 sites
  • Gun buy-back programs
  • The reactivation of Operation Ceasefire, which focuses on sending members of the community to talk to gang members
The major target will be gangbangers, like two rival Brownsville gangs alarmingly caught on video in a shootout last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Poor cops. Eyes shut, windows closed, AC on. IGNORE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!
So I assume you would say the cops should be left in the admin jobs, not put into these high crime areas.

What do you think of the rest of the ideas, job programs, night basketball, gun buy backs etc ?
Do you think these things are worth doing?

Old 04-23-2021, 06:05 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
If I found myself caught up in this transfer after hypothetically deciding to stay on after the riots last year, I'd laugh at the supervisor handing it to me and retire on the spot.

The other proposals are not policing related. The proposals also lack incarcerating those who commit crimes (something NY no longer does).

You know what basketball games do in the hood? Hint: more bang bang.

I'm just glad that I live in a comfortable suburb in NJ now. This summer is going to be a fun one in NYC.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-23-2021, 11:30 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
If I found myself caught up in this transfer after hypothetically deciding to stay on after the riots last year, I'd laugh at the supervisor handing it to me and retire on the spot.

The other proposals are not policing related. The proposals also lack incarcerating those who commit crimes (something NY no longer does).

You know what basketball games do in the hood? Hint: more bang bang.

I'm just glad that I live in a comfortable suburb in NJ now. This summer is going to be a fun one in NYC.
But I don't see you doing posts about your new life in New Jersey.
These 20 year protestors pissed you off and you quit your job.
It was good timing with the overtime enhancing the pension
But you seem to enjoy seeing New York burn to the ground or become another Detroit more than enjoying your new life. You might be more comfortable but are you also more bored?
And did your neighborhood in SI get so bad that you had to even leave it?
Anyway you said it wasn't just recently that you felt unappreciated as a cop. You said you realized it 20 years ago after joining but you stayed on because you could retire in your 40s and now you have done that, you won. But you also seem bitter and jaded. Some of that may be justified or understandable.
But I ask you, if going back 20 years when you were deciding your occupation and you choose to be a cop
was it really worth it?

Old 04-23-2021, 11:43 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
I have to say for the first Summer probably since the mid 90s, I'm truly worried about the violence and gun play we're going to see this year. BLM/Antifa thugs + continued liberal covid nazi shutdown of NYC nightlife + bail reform + handcuffed NYPD + warm/hot weather = lots and lots and lots of wounded/dead homies!
I've been worried ever summer since I've been born

How long have you lived here?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: