Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 08:40 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I had to go to 6 different cars this morning on the subway because 5 of them had homeless people with all their bags all over the place. But sure nothing's changed. It's always been like this.
Maybe as it warms up, they will take a break from the subways. Positive thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
At least it seems that there is a greater presence of NYPD in the subway, which should be helpful. If NYC wants tourists back, homeless people with their bags need a shelter somewhere else rather than in subway cars.
You take the subway? Since when?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 08:44 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah but you still live in a city, I don't care what neighborhood you live in in NYC. You will always be subject to some type of something.

Don't bring Neponsit up. I doubt there is another neighborhood in NYC that bans parking on the street from Mem Day - Labor Day. Different animal. Can't get in there for less than 7 figures.
I believe Manhattan Beach in Brooklyn also bans street parking during that stretch of time as well. Also $$$ but so are many other areas.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:49 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I believe Manhattan Beach in Brooklyn also bans street parking during that stretch of time as well. Also $$$ but so are many other areas.
You're right, I forgot about Manhattan Beach

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-24-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I had to go to 6 different cars this morning on the subway because 5 of them had homeless people with all their bags all over the place. But sure nothing's changed. It's always been like this.
I guess you don't take the E train

Old 04-24-2021, 08:50 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
As does areas like Forest Hills Gardens and Fieldston. Parking is only for the residents and their guests.

Old 04-24-2021, 09:02 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,388,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Maybe as it warms up, they will take a break from the subways. Positive thoughts...

You take the subway? Since when?

Since the first time I ever visited NYC. When I am in NYC, I use subway twice daily to get between Parkchester and Manhattan on train 6. I only use the bus if I am traveling outside the rush hour (ie, when the subway cars are largely empty), including when I stay late in Manhattan for a concert, and return to Parkchester after 9 pm.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:19 AM

5,678 posts, read 2,610,110 times
No big deal. Naked man on the subway. Touching himself.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:23 AM

5,678 posts, read 2,610,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You are desensitized. Listen, you live in the hood, where you're used to things jumping off constantly. You said so yourself. The rest of NYC is not like that. Regardless that should be the exception and not the norm.
Can't wait for his daughter to be 18 taking the train and getting harassed. He will just say oh back in my day blah blah blah and be like get over it. It's not a big deal to be threatened, harassed or sexually touched.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Can't wait for his daughter to be 18 taking the train and getting harassed. He will just say oh back in my day blah blah blah and be like get over it. It's not a big deal to be threatened, harassed or sexually touched.
Lol I've been harassed a few times by females on the train actually. The train has always been crazy and never been safe. You think there was some magical era where people had on diamond jewelry and it was no problem.

Safety on the subway has always been a problem.

All of what you're witnessing right now is nothing new. You mean to tell me you felt safe all these years taking the train in the Bx at night before Covid?

Old 04-24-2021, 10:33 AM

Male or female you always had to be on point riding the train, this is nothing new. You're worried about flashers and getting robbed, well, me too!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City