Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 11:12 PM

644 posts, read 306,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I love it. Time for the slow ones in the bunch to keep up or literally drop out. We have been putting the pandemic on hold for you for too long.

No we have vaccines. Either take it or live like a leper forever.

REVENGE. Been on lockdown all year because of FREEDUMB fighting Americans .
How do you think you've been living life on hold? Someone made sure you had food and stuff. Chances are, they got sick cause they couldn't hide from the virus. So now they're supposed to put their health on the line again cause you think they owe it to you? There isn't even that much reason to think natural immunity is worse than the vaccine kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 02:16 AM

565 posts, read 361,376 times
St.John's was a well respected avg/to above avg. university up until the mid/late 90s when they lowered their standards so as to make it easier for more of a diverse student body. Mission accomplished.

Old 04-23-2021, 02:24 AM

1,399 posts, read 890,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
St.John's was a well respected avg/to above avg. university up until the mid/late 90s when they lowered their standards so as to make it easier for more of a diverse student body. Mission accomplished.

My alma mater dumbed their standards down so much they now offer "free" high school classes that these minorities get to pay full tuition for. Genius idea when you step back and look at it. You brainwash these kids and they come out blaming the white man for their loan troubles, whilst asking another white man to forgive them. Comedy.

Old 04-23-2021, 02:41 AM

565 posts, read 361,376 times
[quote=Llol45519;60885743]My alma mater dumbed their standards down so much they now offer "free" high school classes that these minorities get to pay full tuition for. Genius idea when you step back and look at it. You brainwash these kids and they come out blaming the white man for their loan troubles, whilst asking another white man to forgive them. Comedy.[/QUOTE

I proudly went to SJU in the early 90s. I knew nothing of liberal or conservative, democrat or republican, etc, etc. I wasn't political whatsoever. But I'll never forget that in my early years there, that my English/Writing classes were full of decent students who could actually speak and write the language...but by senior year as the classes seemed to become more "diverse" there would be students that literally didn't know the difference between "there and their and they're." I recall my professor turning red week after week having to teach 5th grade English to these hip hop educated/speaking "students." It was around the time that white liberals were trying to justify ebonics.

That's when I started to scratch my head and think "hey, why did I have to study hard in grade/high school to get decent grades yet these "other" kids clearly cruised through their classes?"

We all now know why. Wokeness was in its very early stages.

Old 04-23-2021, 04:48 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
[quote=QueensGuy72;60885760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
My alma mater dumbed their standards down so much they now offer "free" high school classes that these minorities get to pay full tuition for. Genius idea when you step back and look at it. You brainwash these kids and they come out blaming the white man for their loan troubles, whilst asking another white man to forgive them. Comedy.[/QUOTE

I proudly went to SJU in the early 90s. I knew nothing of liberal or conservative, democrat or republican, etc, etc. I wasn't political whatsoever. But I'll never forget that in my early years there, that my English/Writing classes were full of decent students who could actually speak and write the language...but by senior year as the classes seemed to become more "diverse" there would be students that literally didn't know the difference between "there and their and they're." I recall my professor turning red week after week having to teach 5th grade English to these hip hop educated/speaking "students." It was around the time that white liberals were trying to justify ebonics.

That's when I started to scratch my head and think "hey, why did I have to study hard in grade/high school to get decent grades yet these "other" kids clearly cruised through their classes?"

We all now know why. Wokeness was in its very early stages.
Well l see you're not racist just against Asians. I guess you're an equal opportunity racist.

Old 04-23-2021, 05:44 AM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
NY State already requires university/college students to get MMR vaccines (if they can't prove they had these shots as a child) within the first semester of study. So mandatory COVID19 vaccines isn't a surprising requirement at colleges/universities within NY State.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:41 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
NY State already requires university/college students to get MMR vaccines (if they can't prove they had these shots as a child) within the first semester of study. So mandatory COVID19 vaccines isn't a surprising requirement at colleges/universities within NY State.
Exactly. I had to dig up my son's vaccination records before he could enter as a college freshman 6 years ago, same way I had to for K-12. This is no different since they can still opt out for medical / religious reasons. People are inventing things to be mad about now.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:57 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,759,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Wouldnt this fall under hipaa?
Short answer is no. 1- the information will be provided by the student, a self disclosure. What HIPPA is vs what people think HIPPA is is very different. HIPPA protects against a person's private medical information being released by an entity without their consent or knowledge.

Schools, such as colleges and universities require proof of other vaccinations, such as meningitis, to matriculate. I remember handing over my little yellow vaccination card for proof many moons ago.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:12 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
Lol not happening

Old 04-23-2021, 10:22 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,545,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
This was my first thought as well. I'm pretty sure I had to provide proof of vaccination for every school I attended, and that includes undergrad, grad school and business school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City