Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 06:07 AM

297 posts, read 132,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
The War on Drugs has caused this lowlife to jump several times on the head of a 60-some year old Asian dude collecting cans from trash bins? Give me a break :-). THAT is what I am talking about - finding excuses for criminals because they are "brothers". Now it is the War on Drugs that is guilty for this crime, yeah right :-).

Nothing about drugs interests me, but I want a safe city. Tough on crime mentality solved ALL street crime problems in Singapore, so I'd say it works perfectly when it is actually implemented. Drugs are heavily criminalized in Singapore (with capital punishment), and that policy is associated with extremely low violent crime in general.

Having said that, as mentioned, I don't care about the drug world. I would actually decriminalize all drugs, if drug trade and drug use is kept strictly off the streets. If someone wants to wreck or kill himself/herself with that stuff, why should I interfere with their personal decisions about their own life? As long as they do not bother other people.
Portugal I believe is the only country to completely decriminalize all drugs in the 90's. They went through a few early years of crazy abuse and hit a low. They have completely rebounded with minimal issues since then and a true case study.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 06:13 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
Portugal I believe is the only country to completely decriminalize all drugs in the 90's. They went through a few early years of crazy abuse and hit a low. They have completely rebounded with minimal issues since then and a true case study.
Like I always said. Some sheep will die, overdose, the strong and smart ones will survive, which is what you want out of population. We all know drugs are bad, bad for you.

Same with gun laws. You create a better breed of people who have a brain and are able to defend themselves.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:32 AM

926 posts, read 416,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I've been saying this for the longest.

If Asian community leaders do not build a bridge this will turn into a race war.

Uneducated Asians should not be residing or owning businesses in the Ghetto.

There are decades of poor Asian-Black relations in this country due to poor planning on both sides. In the West Coast it's 100x worse.

A key example is antagonism involved in Korean and Chinese dominating the weave and extension supply chain even on the delivery and Point of Sale distribution end. They won't sell in bulk to Black store owners in Black communities. If a Black owned store pops up they will use connections to get it shut down by starving them out of a supplier. Then they will beat little black girls in black communities accusing them of stealing from the shop, a shop they willingly and purposefully set up in the Black Ghetto - And then get on eyewitness news to cry and complain about Black people

Asians have made themselves vulnerable to the fringe criminals in the Black community by not respecting it and properly integrating. It is not possible for most Blacks to differentiate between Asians who subscribe to White supremacy and those who do not. Generally the assumption is that most Asians are anti-Black. People like me are able to tell the difference, but we're few and far in-between.
Blacks also have a problem with whites. And with most Hispanics (with Mexicans, for example).

Some blacks have openly been yearning for black-only spaces, black-only neighborhoods. Maybe that is the solution, after all, if one group find it so very hard to leave peacefully with others. Good all-fashioned segregation.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:54 AM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Blacks also have a problem with whites. And with most Hispanics (with Mexicans, for example).

Some blacks have openly been yearning for black-only spaces, black-only neighborhoods. Maybe that is the solution, after all, if one group find it so very hard to leave peacefully with others. Good all-fashioned segregation.

I would just add that this pertains to a subset of blacks. Immigrants from Africa typically neither have a problem living with anyone, nor anyone has a problem living with them, and the same holds for many decently adapted and successful American blacks. Losers of any race, ethnicity, or creed will always latch to something that may justify their low achievement, and will try to band with similar ones against the rest of the world, which also explains the fascination that BLM holds for a certain characteristic type of a white "revolutionary" kid. Belonging to a group where nobody is particularly good at anything except constant pseudo-intellectual analysis (of what everyone is supposedly doing them wrong) is a good way of avoiding any effort, responsibility, and reality.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:57 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
I would just add that this pertains to a subset of blacks. Immigrants from Africa typically neither have a problem living with anyone, nor anyone has a problem living with them, and the same holds for many decently adapted and successful American blacks. Losers of any race, ethnicity, or creed will always latch to something that may justify their low achievement, and will try to band with similar ones against the rest of the world, which also explains the fascination that BLM holds for a certain characteristic type of a white "revolutionary" kid. Belonging to a group where nobody is particularly good at anything except constant pseudo-intellectual analysis (of what everyone is supposedly doing them wrong) is a good way of avoiding any effort, responsibility, and reality.
I can only assume that this is based upon your years of dedicated research to the Black community

Why are you focusing on this concern?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-30-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I can only assume that this is based upon your years of dedicated research to the Black community

Why are you focusing on this concern?

Your "research" is an example of pseudo-analysis of the obvious. Those who have ever done any real research know that your type of "research" relates to real research about the same as snake oil relates to antibiotics. I am focusing on this concern because it is the foundation of street crime in NYC (see title of this thread), which crime is negatively affecting the city that would be fabulous without it.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:10 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Your "research" is an example of pseudo-analysis of the obvious. Those who have ever done any real research know that your type of "research" relates to real research about the same as snake oil relates to antibiotics. I am focusing on this concern because it is the foundation of street crime in NYC (see title of this thread), which crime is negatively affecting the city that would be fabulous without it.
Says the person who is worried about street crime, yet invested in the Bronx

You don't even walk outside of your complex

You could have bought someplace safer instead of relegating yourself.

Faux concern.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-30-2021, 09:21 AM

396 posts, read 417,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post

Liberia.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:22 AM

396 posts, read 417,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
Can you please explain, respecting it and properly integrating? What do you suggest Asians actually do?
Rooftop Koreans come to mind....

Old 04-30-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Says the person who is worried about street crime, yet invested in the Bronx

You don't even walk outside of your complex

You could have bought someplace safer instead of relegating yourself.

Faux concern.

I am not "invested" in the Bronx :-). The values of properties where I bought (very cheaply) do not go up sufficiently to keep up with inflation, so such properties are not an investment (unless you own a lot of units for ongoing rental income). I don't need you to tell me the obvious (although it is apparently not obvious to you, since you keep referring to it as an investment :-), and I did not buy that little place for any investment.

In case you haven't noticed, I HAVE bought someplace incomparably safer (ie, in one of two best, essentially crime-free, parts of Boston). While trying to decide whether it would be really worth it to trade that for an equivalent place in NYC, I bought another tiny property in an unusual spot in the Bronx where it is extremely cheap to buy and maintain yet safe enough that I can sleep there when I go to NYC. I have zero need to walk outside the condo complex, I walk all day in Manhattan :-).

To relegate, in the sense in which you are ineptly trying to use it, is a transitive verb. You relegate yourself TO something. You can't say "relegate yourself" followed by a period. Relegate myself to what? I do not need to relegate myself to anything.

Considering the subject of this thread, street crime is not a faux concern, but one of the leading real concerns (and in my view THE leading concern) in NYC. What is faux about it?

Last edited by elnrgby; 04-30-2021 at 09:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City