Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 02:08 PM

72 posts, read 23,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
There's going to be indoctrinated sheep from the current generations who wear masks until the day they die. Whatever, their prerogative. Damned if I ever wore a mask outside though.
When the pandemic started and masks were required to shop in stores there was a video of a angry man screaming at shoppers in a store calling them sheep for wearing masks in a store. Was that you ? Cause your so free and brave you can't respect the freedom of others without insulting people who do you no harm. Funny if there were patriots insisting to open carry their rifles you would think they were making a good point. But wearing a mask they are sheep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 02:10 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Yup, I discussed inside private businesses. Yawn.

I didn't know nywriter's dad was in the Corps, but I'm quickly learning now...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-09-2021, 02:13 PM

Me myself I am going to wear surgical masks outside right now because it helps to reduce symptoms from seasonal allergies. They help to reduce symptoms. Also when I have a cold I plan to wear a mask when I go to work or come in contact with others to keep you guys safe. Even if some of you won't do the same for me

Old 05-09-2021, 02:22 PM

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...lergy-symptoms. Some of you guys who have allergies but don't want to look like sheep have a problem. How will you wear masks and not look like the sheep of the cdc ?

Old 05-09-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
It's not irrational. Some of us care about our health and don't want to put toxins in our body. Especially when there are other ways to resolve it.
If you have seasonal allergies the masks help. I'm surprised to say since wearing a masks and using sanitizer I have not even gotten a cold in over a year. Plus my allergies have not been bad at all wearing a mask outdoors. https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...lergy-symptoms.. so people wearing masks outside during allergy season might also be doing so for allergies

Old 05-09-2021, 02:50 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydadwasamarine View Post
Me myself I am going to wear surgical masks outside right now because it helps to reduce symptoms from seasonal allergies. They help to reduce symptoms. Also when I have a cold I plan to wear a mask when I go to work or come in contact with others to keep you guys safe. Even if some of you won't do the same for me
Funny thing, they're called surgical masks because surgeons wear them

But people say they're no good

Lol

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-09-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Funny thing, they're called surgical masks because surgeons wear them

But people say they're no good

Lol
Yes , indeed you have to be a sheep to wear them.

Old 05-09-2021, 03:45 PM

5,683 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
If you have seasonal allergies the masks help. I'm surprised to say since wearing a masks and using sanitizer I have not even gotten a cold in over a year. Plus my allergies have not been bad at all wearing a mask outdoors. https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...lergy-symptoms.. so people wearing masks outside during allergy season might also be doing so for allergies
My statement you quoted above was a response to someone talking about Tylenol.

Old 05-09-2021, 04:00 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Yes , indeed you have to be a sheep to wear them.
I'll mention that to my dentist next time I see him. Maybe he'll give me some manchego milked fresh from his sister

Old 05-09-2021, 06:59 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Hey , I bet the same people were the ones to have unprotected sex with street hookers at the height of the hiv crisis and proclaim how they didn’t get it.

The problem with statistics is while they mean something to insurers and actuaries it means little to us ..

We have only have two possibilities , it happened to us , it didn’t happened to us .

The only question is who and how bad.

Not knowing who is who and which of us will have the bad outcomes makes our outcomes very limited since bad stuff has to happen to many of us .

This is why even though dying at a young age has as much chance of happening as lightning hitting us many raising families have life insurance .

This is why even though we may get nothing more than a cold a year we have Health insurance .

How many here have fire insurance ? Pretty much a lot even though odds are we will never have a fire .

So stats are pretty useless to most of us when it boils down to it is either us on the wrong side of a stat or it isn’t.

I once asked my doctor why they didn’t make hiv testing part of routine blood tests .

He said because even with a 98 or 99% accuracy when applying to such large numbers of people you could have hundreds of thousands told they had hiv when they didn’t..

So small numbers represent a whole lot of people and grow worse when looked at within the higher risk groups …that is just how the age curve is for covid …over 60 the numbers grow worse and worse
but this isn't true. you either die in a car accident or you don't. if 50 percent of car rides for example ended in death none of us would drive or ride in a car. but that isn't close to the case so it's a risk we pretty much all take. some of us are way more risk averse than others, but we still all make risk assessment choices. even buying the life insurance you mentioned is a risk assessment choice. if the policy for example was far more expensive people would be more willing to go without it.

there is being careful, being prepared and assessing your risk reward. that's all insurance is. i have medical insurance bc super high medical bills could really hurt me financially. i intentionally don't buy other kinds of insurance bc it's a negative expectation bet by definition, and it's for something that i'm fine paying for if something goes wrong (for example NOT having comp/collision on an older car)

With covid politically you have one side acting like it's the Spanish flu and the other acting like it's nothing or the regular flu. Neither is correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City