Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 07:55 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
Everything must open and be mask option. Indoors and out. This is the BEST we are going to get. A vaccine that works. If you take it, you're protected. If not, you're playing Russian Roulette. The virus isn't going to "die or burn out" like Fauci said it would when this China virus started here in the US last year. It's going to be with us the rest of our lives.

There is no end game metric for mask proponents. Thus, everyone return to your old lives if you wish. No more mandates. Anywhere.

did you get the vaccine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 08:40 PM

1,146 posts, read 859,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Really cause I was just there today. Everyone still had to wear a mask and they still have lines outside to get in, to limit the amount of people.
Yeah, I really don't understand stores and businesses acting as if COVID is still spreading like a wildfire. It is really a major turn off. Especially chains like Starbucks, Mc Donalds, Panera Bread, etc... They dont even allow indoor dining yet! Everyone can get a vaccine now who chooses to. Time to go back to normal! COVID will never totally disappear and we finally controlled it as much as possible with a huge vaccine rollout.

I know the NJ Gov also thinks he is smarter than the CDC and still said he will require masking and social distancing. It is simply about politicians who don't want to give up their dictatorship over us.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:19 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Yeah, I really don't understand stores and businesses acting as if COVID is still spreading like a wildfire. It is really a major turn off. Especially chains like Starbucks, Mc Donalds, Panera Bread, etc... They dont even allow indoor dining yet! Everyone can get a vaccine now who chooses to. Time to go back to normal! COVID will never totally disappear and we finally controlled it as much as possible with a huge vaccine rollout.

I know the NJ Gov also thinks he is smarter than the CDC and still said he will require masking and social distancing. It is simply about politicians who don't want to give up their dictatorship over us.
Actually the intelligent thing to do would be to mask up on crowded streets and indoors for a little while longer to see the full effect and durability of the vaccines and to watch how the variants progress....if any. I say by Fall I would agree with you that's as good as it gets.

Right now throwing all the cards in just because Biden magically appeared on TV declaring it over doesn't cut it for me. He was simply trying to get more people vaccinated and deflecting the mask issue to local Gov instead of on a Federal level which would tarnish his so called "progress".

It's all politics. Smart people know this isn't over.....*almost but we still need to be vigilant for just a while longer.

There is no reason fully vaccinated people can't enjoy more freedoms and still be safe for now. Its easy...crowded streets mask up. Go to the park and unmask have a great time. Eat outdoors but just be mindful thats all. No harm done.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:28 PM

5,676 posts, read 2,610,110 times
I don't understand people who wear a mask, especially a cloth mask, that think they don't need to cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze

I see it all the time on the train. People too busy playing on their phone to bother to cover their mouth with their arm or hands. Trains are getting full now. Twice this week I was on the train and it was packed. So much no more people could squeeze on. So this is exactly why I will be still wearing my mask on the MTA.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:45 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,723 times
Quote:
I'm guessing stores will still require them. I can't see Trader Joe's or the like letting in people without a mask.
At some point, people are going to not shop at stores that still demand masks. Once sales are down they will see the light.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:52 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Trains are getting full now. Twice this week I was on the train and it was packed. So much no more people could squeeze on. So this is exactly why I will be still wearing my mask on the MTA.
Woah. That's crowded. The 7 and N (esp. the N) aren't at that level. Not yet anyway.
Walking around and hanging out tonight, I still see people wearing masks. Eyeballing it, it's like 90 percent with and 10 percent without. And I think all the stores are still requiring masks and even if they aren't (Target and Trader Jo's is lifting the requirement if you're vaccinated and they're going by the honor system) you'd be the odd ball walking around without one. I don't mind wearing it now but when it gets hotter, no. I don't want to feel the pressure of having to still wear one.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:17 PM

5,676 posts, read 2,610,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
At some point, people are going to not shop at stores that still demand masks. Once sales are down they will see the light.
Nah not gonna happen.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:40 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,005 times
I no longer wear my mask outside. It was weird a week ago, but now everyone seems fine with it. I’m uptown in Hamilton Heights west Harlem.

Old 05-14-2021, 11:17 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I no longer wear my mask outside. It was weird a week ago, but now everyone seems fine with it. I’m uptown in Hamilton Heights west Harlem.
Hey! I've got a question for you. I was going to google it but I'm too lazy. How is the rent where you live compared to East or Central Harlem. Is West Harlem on a whole new different level in terms of safety, desirability?

Old 05-15-2021, 06:22 AM

1,146 posts, read 859,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Actually the intelligent thing to do would be to mask up on crowded streets and indoors for a little while longer to see the full effect and durability of the vaccines and to watch how the variants progress....if any. I say by Fall I would agree with you that's as good as it gets.

Right now throwing all the cards in just because Biden magically appeared on TV declaring it over doesn't cut it for me. He was simply trying to get more people vaccinated and deflecting the mask issue to local Gov instead of on a Federal level which would tarnish his so called "progress".

It's all politics. Smart people know this isn't over.....*almost but we still need to be vigilant for just a while longer.

There is no reason fully vaccinated people can't enjoy more freedoms and still be safe for now. Its easy...crowded streets mask up. Go to the park and unmask have a great time. Eat outdoors but just be mindful thats all. No harm done.
Smart people know it will NEVER be over in our lifetime and the only way for our economy to thrive again is to lift all restrictions. When it comes to COVID, this is as good as it gets. EVERY Fall/Winter, there will be a natural surge just like last year. It is becoming a seasonal virus and nothing we can do about it except get the vaccine and live like normal humans again. Yes, masking on crowded trains and buses will always be a smart thing to do, especially in the fall and winter months. In time, the virus will weaken as an ordinary flu (which still kills over 40,000 Americans every year).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City