Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 08:58 PM

33,737 posts, read 16,727,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes7 View Post
Amazingly stable, particularly Metro North & LIRR, weekdays, a long time now.

I think the MTA is correct in assuming it will take until 2025 to get to a total ridership of 80% what it was pre covid..if it ever does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 10:47 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,595,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I was out to dinner in flatiron tonight, and it was very closely resembling "old times." Tons of people out, the restaurant was nearly full, and it's great to see people walking without masks outside (if vaxxed).

The subways too have been getting noticeably more crowded.
That’s great to hear! I’ve been out of town visiting my mother in Texas for the past month. I’m fully vaccinated and have gotten used to not feeling pressured to wear a mask every time I head out, especially if I’m walking outside. Would you say the dirty looks from the mask police have gone down at all?

Old 05-20-2021, 11:42 PM

6,219 posts, read 3,532,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
That’s great to hear! I’ve been out of town visiting my mother in Texas for the past month. I’m fully vaccinated and have gotten used to not feeling pressured to wear a mask every time I head out, especially if I’m walking outside. Would you say the dirty looks from the mask police have gone down at all?
Yeah, I don't wear a mask outside and I haven't gotten any dirty looks yet

Old 05-21-2021, 08:45 AM

9,861 posts, read 14,188,217 times
Quote:
Outside, I'd say the masks are off from people I see 75% of the time now. Inside, it's still very "mask on" when the waiter comes over.

But, since you can now sit at the bar and eat or drink, most keep their masks off the whole time.

I would venture to say by summer's end, masks will only be worn by 10% of the population.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:17 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,595,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Outside, I'd say the masks are off from people I see 75% of the time now. Inside, it's still very "mask on" when the waiter comes over.

But, since you can now sit at the bar and eat or drink, most keep their masks off the whole time.

I would venture to say by summer's end, masks will only be worn by 10% of the population.
Awesome. I don’t mind slipping the mask on when I go into an establishment. But I could never get behind the whole masking at all times outdoors, even if you’re sitting alone by yourself in the park!

Old 05-21-2021, 12:11 PM

1,127 posts, read 821,576 times
Default Photo of Vaccine Card Good Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
A lot of bars and clubs are requiring proof of vaccination so they don't have to adhere to that stupid rule.
Yes, I noticed that too. Some bars are requiring vaccine proof (especially in Williamsburg). However other dives I have been to in Manhattan are fully open with no social distancing nor asking for vaccine proof. I do NOT believe bars have to ask for vaccine proof in order to operate full capacity/no social distancing. The actual state guidelines seem to be going by the honor system. Also what is accepted as vaccine proof? I did not see any official guidance from the state on that either. The one bar I went to were accepting photos of vaccine cards on phones. I am assuming thats all folks need because I really dont want to carry the physical card with me every time I go bar hopping.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:15 PM

5,171 posts, read 4,624,037 times
Quote:
Awesome. I don’t mind slipping the mask on when I go into an establishment. But I could never get behind the whole masking at all times outdoors, even if you’re sitting alone by yourself in the park!
The fact remains noone knows if anyone had been masking if they were alone...

Old 05-21-2021, 12:33 PM

967 posts, read 655,198 times
The bars aren’t responsible for who is vaxxed or not. Why would they care.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:17 PM

1,127 posts, read 821,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
The bars aren’t responsible for who is vaxxed or not. Why would they care.
I was thinking the same thing. But, some bar owners I have spoken to have told me they truly are not sure IF they were responsible and fear getting a citation for having unvaccinated patrons congregating around the bar. The state really hasn't been clear on this from what I heard.

Old 05-23-2021, 08:38 AM

6,219 posts, read 3,532,576 times
A lot of places really are going back to normal

It feels great being able to go to a bar and have proper bar seating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: