Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 11:54 AM

106,668 posts, read 108,810,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
That’s exactly right. Mathjak cannot (or refuses) to give up processed foods. High blood glucose has nothing to do with genetics or old age - it has to do with what you put in your mouth period end of story.

We have been fed with the BS that type 2 diabetes is due to genetics - that’s complete and utter BS.

Stop eating breads, hydrogenated “vegetable oils”, fruit juices and sodas and anything made with grain and you’ll see the blood sugars come back to normal and BMIs go down to 20 or Jess -without going to the gym.

Mathjak doesn’t want to take the challenge of eliminating those simple foods from his diet. He prefers to take in the fake food garbage which is why got sick to begin with. So he shall stay stuck with the high glucose reading and risk another round of getting sick from COVID.
How do you know how or what I eat

Old 10-02-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
did an allergist check for allergies?

99.9999% of the world's people have been eating grains for thousands of years and they don't all have chronic pain and inflammation
I have seen interviews and studies on the oldest humans, people past 100. I never hear them say they don't eat grains
Don’t let facts get in the way of her stories and beliefs

Old 10-02-2021, 12:10 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,031,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
In our supermarkets we dont get the same grains they ate thousands of years ago. Its not the same animals either. Heirloom varieties and heritage breeds are on the upswing for a reason - people want the same healthy foods their ancestors ate before hybridization and genetic engineering became the norm in our supermarkets.

Pork is not supposed to be "the other white meat". Its supposed to be more of a red meat, which is what you will get with a chop from a Berkshire breed pig, and cannot possibly get from the average commercial hog.
Yes thanks for writing out an explanation.

Todays grains are taken from genetically modified sources. When someone consumes it, it sends blood sugar levels through the roof! Combining wheat with proteins or fats will exaggerate blood sugar levels and cause extreme insulin spikes. That’s why most doctors ask people to fast before testing their blood glucose levels.

The wheat people used to eat a long time ago that is healthy and contains the germ is called “ancient wheat”. I haven’t come across it but I’m sure some health food stores carry it.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:11 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Spelt is an ancient wheat.

Surprising Benefits Of Spelt

1. Facilitates Digestion

2. Controls Cholesterol Levels

3. Improves Blood Circulation

4. Regulates Hormones

5. Boosts Bone Health

6. Boosts Immunity

7. Controls Diabetes

Old 10-02-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Todays grains are taken from genetically modified sources. When someone consumes it, it sends blood sugar levels through the roof! Combining wheat with proteins or fats will exaggerate blood sugar levels and cause extreme insulin spikes. That’s why most doctors ask people to fast before testing their blood glucose levels.

The wheat people used to eat a long time ago that is healthy and contains the germ is called “ancient wheat”. I haven’t come across it but I’m sure some health food stores carry it.
Without knowing the exact gmo and what it entails there is no telling what if any effect it may have ..,more implied bull by you as a general statement across the board .

Once again the wanna be expert is far from it

Old 10-02-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Without knowing the exact gmo and what it entails there is no telling what if any effect it may have ..,more implied bull by you as a general statement across the board .

Once again the wanna be expert is far from it
No she's right. Spelt, Einkorn and other varieties of wheat are no longer grown because they do not have high yields and/or do not break from their kernel easily. Just like that average white commercial hog can be as big as a cow but not as healthy as a Berkshire pig to eat - so is your grain.

You have to go out of your way to get Spelt flour, and you will have to bake the bread yourself.

Will you? I personally doubt it. You dont seem like you really know what you eat. No offence, but the way you talk about gmo, I dont think you really know what that is.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:35 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
You're both 100% right about this. I was a beer brewer for many years. I've read almost as many books about various grains as any farmer I bet. I can unequivocally state that I know exponentially more about grains than Mathjak could ever hope to.

I'd like to add one thing: repeatability. Ingredients in processed foods are chosen as much for repeatability as they are for cost.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-02-2021, 12:36 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:

No grains in the U.S. food market are GMO except corn. However most sweet corn has not been genetically engineered. Most GMO corn are varieties for fuel and livestock

https://www.fda.gov/food/agricultura...ood-and-beyond

COMPLETE LIST OF PERMITTED GMO CROPS IN THE UNITED STATES

Corn*

Soybean

Cotton

Potatoes

Papaya from Hawaii

Summer Squash

Canola

Alfalfa

Apple (certain varieties)

Sugar Beet

https://www.ewg.org/news-insights/ne...n-cob-isnt-gmo

CORN

Most sweet corn has not been genetically engineered.

corn-based sweeteners, starches and oils in processed foods are almost certainly manufactured from genetically engineered corn.
In contrast only a small amount of GE sweet corn can be found on the U.S. market.
Corn is a component of a wide variety of goods on the American marketplace. The USDA estimates that 40 percent of the U.S. corn crop is processed into ethanol for use as engine fuel, 37 percent goes for livestock feed and 11 percent is made into processed food ingredients like corn flour, corn syrup, corn starch and cooking oil (USDA 2012a). As of 2011, cornfields covered 92 million acres in all 50 states, with the most intense concentration in the Midwest.

Last edited by jonbenson; 10-02-2021 at 12:46 PM..

Old 10-02-2021, 12:57 PM

Yeah I dont agree with this. Most of the corn grown in the US is GMO. Most of the Soybean grown in the world is GMO.

Canola oil is not healthy and is straight up GMO. It was developed in Canada, made from GMO-Rapeseed which was developed during the Industrial evolution to create an oil that would stick to metal. They needed a lubricant for adjoining metal parts.

Now, if we put on our thinking caps for a minute - does an oil that will stick to metal sound healthy, lol? Interesting thing, I have found Canola Oil labeled non-GMO, and that is a serious red flag.

Canola is not a plant. Canola is a contraction of the words, "Canadian Oil Company" They specifically modified and grew a variety of rapeseed to create an oil that could be used to lubricate metal parts without running right off of the metal parts like any normal edible oil will.

Last I heard, commercial oats were safe to eat because they hadnt cracked the genetic code of oats...yet.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:07 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

Yeah I dont agree with this.
either you have a source stating that most corn for human consumption specifically is GMO or you don't

Most corn in the United States of the type for human consumption has has not been genetically modified. Most GMO corn are varieties for fuel and livestock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City