Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 10:19 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,713,731 times

Advertisements

Merck says it'll ask regulators to authorize the first antiviral pill designed to treat COVID-19 after a trial found it halved the risk of hospitalization or death

https://www.yahoo.com/news/merck-ask...105813534.html

somebody try this for me and see if it's good

Old 10-03-2021, 01:05 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,600,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
We all just need to take care of ourselves the way we see fit
I agree until you bash how others live or wish harm on them.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:10 AM

106,557 posts, read 108,696,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I'm starting to think Mathjak works for Big Pharm or has some stakes in them.

No normal person would go on and on about this and push meds over a healthy life style.
Push meds over a healthy lifestyle ? Are you for real , I never said such a thing …you really do like to make things up to push your agenda … you are no different then ms know it all in that respect.

You know what everyone does and how they live well enough to make these dopey comments ?

like I said you two are so full of your own agendas when it comes to this stuff that you talk out of your butt ,because it is so obvious you think you know what others do or all about them

Old 10-03-2021, 01:12 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,600,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Push meds over a healthy lifestyle ? Are you for real , I never said such a thing …you really do like to make things up to push your agenda … you are no different then ms know it all in that respect
Well you said you take meds for your diabetes. Type two can be taken care of and controlled with out meds. And yes CURED with a healthy diet.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:28 AM

106,557 posts, read 108,696,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Well you said you take meds for your diabetes. Type two can be taken care of and controlled with out meds. And yes CURED with a healthy diet.
You have no clue about what you are even saying ..genetic type two after a while cannot be controlled by diet alone …you are showing your ignorance on the subject .

Your knowledge is non existent on the subject if that is what you think applies to everyone with type 2 . Show us your degree in endocrinology …..

That’s what I thought , please stop wasting my time with your ill informed comments ..you and ms know it all can go play doctor with someone else

Old 10-03-2021, 05:12 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

Not all corn is the same. There are two type sweet corn and field corn and they look a little physically different. Field corn is also called “dent corn” because of the distinctive dent that forms on the kernel as the corn dries.

Field corn is mainly GMO

Most sweet corn is not GMO. Sweet corn is the type used for corn on the cob, canned corn and frozen

GMO corn is more common in food dry products that uses field corn,
corn flakes, corn chips, corn syrup, sweeteners, starch and oil

and of course indirectly in the animals fed corn (although their feeds do not use corn until in later stage of their lifecycle)

It is misleading to make simplistic statements about corn and GMOs.

Apart from meat and chicken fed corn Americans don't eat nearly as many corn based products compared to wheat products
Propaganda? We are talking about corn. Do you really believe the corn flakes marketed by Whole Foods is made from animal feed corn??

There is also the chart that says 70 percent of SWEET CORN is GMO, but for some reason you don’t want to hear that. Is that your own form of propaganda, jonbenson?

Aside from health issues, do you know what else GMO foods do? They make food the property of corporations and any farmers growing GMO food are now slaves to these corporations. A big part of traditional farming, as well as how heirloom varieties of produce survive to this day is seed saving. The farmer saves the seeds from this years crop to grow next year - which helps make farming more profitable for the farmer.

The farmer that grows GMO can’t seed save, and must buy seed each year making farming more profitable for the corporations.

Then you have environmental factors, like how certain species of insects - butterflies, honey bees - are being wiped out by GMO pesticides.

To make things even worse, GMO plants have a way of infiltrating non-GMO plants eliminating the non-GMO genes of those plants. Squash in the USA is but one such victim. So two farmers grow plants in anointing fields - one GMO the other non-GMO, next year the non-GMO farmer will find many of the seeds he saved will not germinate.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:55 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,713,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Propaganda? We are talking about corn. Do you really believe the corn flakes marketed by Whole Foods is made from animal feed corn??
I don't believe it. Instead I know it for a fact. Whole Foods corn flakes are made from the same type of corn used in animal feed
If you did some research on the internet you might know some things also but you are too lazy for that.
And there is nothing innately wrong with that type of corn it can be grown organically or not organically

https://nebraskacorn.gov/issues-init...-vs-food-corn/

Quote:

Field Corn vs. Food Corn

FIELD CORN

Drive across Nebraska during the summer and fall and you’ll see miles and miles of corn fields. But did you know that more than 99 percent of that corn is “field corn”

Field corn is the classic big ears of yellow dented corn you see dried and harvested in the fall. In fact, it’s sometime called “dent corn” because of the distinctive dent that forms on the kernel as the corn dries.

Field corn has dozens of uses, but it is most commonly fed to animals or used to make renewable fuels like ethanol to power our cars and trucks. But only part of the kernel is used for ethanol (the starch), the rest of the kernel, including the protein and fat, are then used to make another popular animal feed known as distillers grains.

People don’t eat field corn directly from the field because it’s hard and certainly not sweet. Instead, field corn must go through a mill and be converted to food products and ingredients like corn syrup, corn flakes, yellow corn chips, corn starch or corn flour.

SWEET CORN

Less than 1 percent of corn grown in Nebraska is sweet corn – the type of corn people eat. We’re talking corn on the cob, frozen corn and canned corn.

ComeCloser you need to look at yourself. I have explained this about 3 times already with URL links to sources. I wonder how much in denial you are about other facts you come across in life.
Fact> Field corn is a hard type of corn and is not sweet like fresh corn which if of the "Sweet corn" variety.
These are biologically different varieties of corn.
The answer is 100% yes Whole Foods is made from the same type of corn they use for animal feed.
This doesn't mean you can't have special fields for organic field corn and make products for human consumption but if you eat cornflakes, corn chips or cornmeal products you are eating the same type
corn as livestock eat.
And when you look at GMO corn it is mainly field corn.
Most of the other type of corn "sweet corn" is not GMO although some of it is
I think even stormgal would have gotten it by now that there are two basic types of corn

There are many more than 2 varieties of corn but the other varieties are sub types or either field corn
or sweet corn, for instance "white corn" has types that could be field or sweet and the field type

example:

https://hosstools.com/product/hickory-king-white-corn/

this is a white field corn for grinding not a sweet white type like silver queen

Quote:

There is also the chart that says 70 percent of SWEET CORN is GMO, but for some reason you don’t want to hear that. Is that your own form of propaganda, jonbenson?

^^ wrong, the chart does not say "sweet corn" it says corn

But is is misleading to state 70% percent of corn is genetically modified and not mention that that 70% does not apply to corn for human consumption although it might apply to dry field corn products like corn flakes, grits and cornmeal (muffins etc) , corn chips
but it is not the case for corn on the cob, canned or frozen corn.
So the 70% does not apply to corn for human consumption as a whole

Also we learn from this chart that there are some GMO tomatoes, salmon, rice and peas but they are not on the market yet, another misleading thing to put on this chart

I'm not going to discuss whether or not GMO food are safe of not, this is not the forum
The points I am making here are a separate issue, the issue of which foods or currently on the market that have them and which aren't.
So if you hear somebody says "white bread that has a lot of GMOs" or "tomatoes are GMO"
they don't know what they are talking about as per what is actually on the market.

But if organic foods are already better because they dont use synthetic pesticides and herbicides can't we lie or exaggerate about what foods are GMO and what aren't to get people to buy organic ? No, you have to tell the truth

Last edited by jonbenson; 10-03-2021 at 09:42 AM..

Old 10-03-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I don't believe it. Instead I know it for a fact. Whole Foods corn flakes are made from the same type of corn used in animal feed
If you did some research on the internet you might know some things also but you are too lazy for that.
And there is nothing innately wrong with that type of corn it can be grown organically or not organically

https://nebraskacorn.gov/issues-init...-vs-food-corn/

I think even stormgal would have gotten it by now that there are two basic types of corn

^^ wrong, the chart does not say "sweet corn" it says corn

But is is misleading to state 70% percent of corn is genetically modified and not mention that that 70% does not apply to corn for human consumption although it might apply to dry field corn products like corn flakes, grits and cornmeal (muffins etc) , corn chips
but it is not the case for corn on the cob, canned or frozen corn.
So the 70% does not apply to corn for human consumption as a whole

Also we learn from this chart that there are some GMO tomatoes, salmon, rice and peas but they are not on the market yet, another misleading thing to put on this chart

I'm not going to discuss whether or not GMO food are safe of not, this is not the forum
The points I am making here are a separate issue, the issue of which foods or currently on the market that have them and which aren't.

But if organic foods are already better because they dont use synthetic pesticides and herbicides can't we lie or exaggerate about what foods are GMO and what aren't to get people to buy organic ? No, you have to tell the truth

Then why are you discussing it at all? You really need to look at yourself.

The title over the caption says "Sweet Corn", however, the 70 % IS incorrect.

https://www.responsibletechnology.or...mo-right-read/

According to this 2017 article, 43.6 % of Sweet Corn was GMO. Do you think it became less in the 4 years we are past 2017?

Who said organic is better than non-GMO? GMO foods can be grown organically, especially if they are creating their own pesticides. Which is why the non-GMO Project labeling is important.

As for me, Im done.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Right, cause everyone is going to run right out and get vaccinated so they can go to a restaurant, then the gym, and end their evening with a concert or theater production.

I cant speak for everyone, but I know that's how I manage most of my days.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:05 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,020,926 times
Quote:
Right, cause everyone is going to run right out and get vaccinated so they can go to a restaurant, then the gym, and end their evening with a concert or theater production.

I cant speak for everyone, but I know that's how I manage most of my days.
Honestly, after the lockdowns I have no interest in going out to eat or to a bar. I’m very content going to a friends house or having visitors where I can watch what I eat and how it’s made as opposed to being served from a “cockroached” kitchen. Bill DeBozo can have it and take the vaccine and shove it up his you know what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.