Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2021, 01:06 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,067,694 times

Advertisements

Im good, lol. How is it for you?

Seriously, life as usual. Except for the fact Im no longer employed, but Im not minding that either. Life is good.

Don who?

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...ndate-79036433

You gotta love that French spirit!

Last edited by ComeCloser; 10-06-2021 at 01:19 PM..

Old 10-06-2021, 01:18 PM

1,250 posts, read 670,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Im good, lol. How is it for you?

Seriously, life as usual. Except for the fact Im no longer employed, but Im not minding that either. Life is good.

Don who?
I was asking how it is for you out on the streets - are you going to restaurants, shopping in stores for other stuff, staying home and ordering in? What?

Old 10-06-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
I was asking how it is for you out on the streets - are you going to restaurants, shopping in stores for other stuff, staying home and ordering in? What?
I only eat organic non-GMO except for those wild & crazy times when I simply - against my better judgement - HAVE to have Popeye's chicken.

So, I am cooking as I always did. I have numerous sources for organic non-GMO food, so my fridge and cupboards are full. I also have an emergency stash like I was taught at work to keep incase I had to hunker down for any reason. I could probably go a year without buying any food if I didnt allow myself to succumb to cravings.

Popeye's isnt allowing people to eat in anyway, so no problems.

I looked up who Don Lemon is, and I think they should ship him to Kosovo. How would he like having his Constitutional rights voided on a whim like that? Im not impressed with CNN - sorry Don. Im not impressed with oppression either which is why I love that French spirit.

Pfizer is earning $ 26 Billion for 2021 thanks to the vaccines. How do you and Don feel about that?

Old 10-06-2021, 02:39 PM

1,046 posts, read 465,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
My thread was closed and I was advised to come here to ask:

WHAT'S IT LIKE FOR UNVACCINATED PEOPLE IN NEW YORK NOW?

If unvaccinated, what are your experiences out and about, basically.

How are you getting food, etc.

A few weeks ago, Don Lemon said he thought that unvaccinated people should not be allowed to buy groceries, and in France they were talking about freezing bank assets, so just wondering what your experiences are and if you foresee worse discrimination.
Don Lemon giving his opinion doesn't make it an actual reality.

No one is being stopped from grocery shopping, no one's assets are being frozen, no one is being carted off to the pokey for being unmasked or anything of the sort.

Old 10-06-2021, 02:43 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,699,022 times
Quote:
I only eat organic non-GMO except for those wild & crazy times when I simply - against my better judgement - HAVE to have Popeye's chicken.

So, I am cooking as I always did. I have numerous sources for organic non-GMO food, so my fridge and cupboards are full.
Are all the meat and poultry products currently in your refrigerator form animals not fed GMO feed?

Quote:
I also have an emergency stash like I was taught at work to keep incase I had to hunker down for any reason. I could probably go a year without buying any food if I didnt allow myself to succumb to cravings.
what are the main components of that? A whole year or even a half adds up to a lot if you look at it one a shelf. I would imagine grain and pasta would be in large quantities, beans and canned vegetables, maybe some canned meat and fish products, tuna etc

stormgal might have a harder time figuring out a whole year of food if she were to exclude carbs as she currently does. I wonder what her stash would look like.

Last edited by jonbenson; 10-06-2021 at 02:53 PM..

Old 10-06-2021, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Are all the meat and poultry products currently in your refrigerator form animals not fed GMO feed?

The beef is grass fed. The chicken pasture raised.

what are the main components of that? A whole year or even a half adds up to a lot if you look at it one a shelf. I would imagine grain and pasta would be in large quantities, beans and canned vegetables, maybe some canned meat and fish products, tuna etc
The stuff in my freezer is not fed grains. I have beef, pork, chicken and alaskan sockeye salmon filets. I also have some frozen veggies, berries and smoothie stuff - like acai and guanabana, coconut, banana, some avocados that I blended with citrus and are staying quite green in that frozen state.

Fish is sardines, and white anchovys. Both are canned. They are both healthy because they dont live long enough and get big enough to absorb as much toxins as say a tuna or mackerel can absorb. There is canned chicken and beef but I dont have those. I do have an assortment of grass fed beef sticks.

There are other forms of proteins like powders, bone broth, raw nut butters, raw nuts, green lentils, mung beans. The lentils and mung beans can be sprouted. I also have a few seed assortments that can be sprouted. Seeds - pumpkin, sunflower, chia...quinoa.

I have some rice. I have a few pastas. I have a bunch of stuff like cacao, pine pollen, stinging nettle, ashwagandha, maca, honey, good oils and vinegars. High protein organic pancake mixes that you just add water - or milk and an egg if you want to.

So on and so forth.

Old 10-06-2021, 03:10 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,699,022 times
Quote:

Fish is sardines, and white anchovys. Both are canned. They are both healthy because they dont live long enough and get big enough to absorb as much toxins as say a tuna or mackerel can absorb.
take a look:

From Ocean to Table: Sardines Tainted With Microplastics | CSUF News

Old 10-06-2021, 03:13 PM

5,616 posts, read 2,563,185 times
If people focused as much as living their life as they do on the vaccine, they'd be living fantastic lives.

Old 10-06-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Okay, I went and took a look. My anchovies are sustainably caught and a product of Morocco. My sardines are sustainably caught in the North Pacific and processed in Thailand.

In either case, they are still small fish that dont have as long to absorb toxins as traditional canned fishes like tuna and mackerel. Another perk is they both have small bones that are beneficial to eat right along with the rest of the fish.

Ill have to look more into it, but I may have to let the sardines go. Thanks for the info.

Are there any microplastics in the drinking water?

Researchers at the University of Minnesota and journalists at Orb sampled drinking water from metropolitan areas around the world. Overall, they found that 81 percent of samples contained microplastics. In the US alone, 94% percent of drinking water samples were found to contain microplastics.

https://tappwater.co/en/how-to-filte...microplastics/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
If people focused as much as living their life as they do on the vaccine, they'd be living fantastic lives.
I have no problem agreeing with that.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 10-06-2021 at 04:18 PM..

Old 10-06-2021, 04:54 PM

855 posts, read 444,100 times
Lol. Narrative continues to collapse.

Covid-19 in Wales: A third of positive cases are unvaccinated

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-58680204

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.