Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 01:22 PM

106,668 posts, read 108,810,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Why does the left accept immune theory when it comes to vaccines - even experimental ones, but NOT when it comes to acquired immunity?

You said you had Covid - and claim to be an example of good health otherwise, yet, you dont trust your immune system. And, you will probably claim that that somehow makes sense.

Your crystal ball has a rapidly approaching booster in your future.
Because natural immunity has been shown to be spotty and no one knows their actual level , it is not measured ..nor do we know how long it sticks around . We have one friend who had covid 2x in one year . The second time was worse than the first .

As we age our immunity levels decrease ..that is why the chicken pox virus is kept at bay by our bodies , but around 60 or so the body can no longer keep a positive check on it and the result is it breaks free and we can have shingles unless we get a booster to revitalize things

Research is showing we all have immunity roll off as we get older …

Research is showing we all have ac2 receptors that have different levels of acceptance of the covid virus ….. so while some don’t get it others do even though they typically never even get colds or have any immunity weakening diseases.

The age curve seems to have easier acceptance as we age as well .

So right now it is a shot in the dark as to where we each fall out as far as our own natural immunity.

There is still way to much unknown about immunity and covid. No one knows yet how effective their own natural immunity is until they roll the dice to find out.

I still can’t believe how it took us down and we are not only in far better shape than 90% of those our age but we rarely even get a cold …I was never in a hospital for a thing in my life .

So it shows you ,we don’t know yet what constitutes a good defense system

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-15-2021 at 01:35 PM..

Old 08-15-2021, 01:32 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Because natural immunity has been shown to be spotty and no one knows their actual level , it is not measured ..nor do we know how long it sticks around . We have one friend who had covid 2x in one year . The second time was worse than the first .

As we age our immunity levels decrease ..that is why the chicken pox virus is kept at bay by our bodies , but around 60 or so the body can no longer keep a positive check on it and the result is it breaks free and we can have shingles unless we get a booster to revitalize things

Research is showing we all have immunity roll off as we get older …
Yes it is measured. You may not want to pay for the test if your insurance wont cover it, but its there. Its the antigen test - qualative and quantitative. A woman in Florida has followed her levels for over 6 months and they are still high.

"Dr. Makary said data from Israel revealed that natural immunity appears to be 6.7x more effective than being vaccinated when it comes to fighting off COVID-19."

Some qualified experts are claiming natural immunity to be superior specifically against the Delta variant.

Okay, age is an issue. Please know I am not saying you did wrong to get vaccinated. I am not saying anyone did wrong to get vaccinated. Not everyone can be vaccinated, and it doesnt seem right that they might end up in a concentration camp the way things are going.

Old 08-15-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Yes it is measured. You may not want to pay for the test if your insurance wont cover it, but its there. Its the antigen test - qualative and quantitative. A woman in Florida has followed her levels for over 6 months and they are still high.

"Dr. Makary said data from Israel revealed that natural immunity appears to be 6.7x more effective than being vaccinated when it comes to fighting off COVID-19."

Some qualified experts are claiming natural immunity to be superior specifically against the Delta variant.

Okay, age is an issue. Please know I am not saying you did wrong to get vaccinated. I am not saying anyone did wrong to get vaccinated. Not everyone can be vaccinated, and it doesnt seem right that they might end up in a concentration camp the way things are going.
Sure you can have an actual test done. ,but it’s not done on hundreds of millions like the protein contact test so it is off the table right now for most ..in fact most are totally unaware the test they do get for anti bodies has nothing to do with their immunity level.

Nor do I want to bother … I rather go with a simple vaccination and a booster and if I have good natural immunity , great , it is an added defense.

At this point no one knows the effectiveness against the delta . Experts can be like butt holes but that does not mean they can predict the unknown.

The final judge will be whether the hospitals are dominated with non vaccinated …that will be the crux of who was right.. if they are then those who were vaccinated likely kept those numbers from being overwhelming.

In the mean time I did all I could That is known not to go through what we already did .

Old 08-15-2021, 01:49 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
The final judge will be whether the hospitals are dominated with non vaccinated …that will be the crux of who was right.. if they are then those who were vaccinated likely kept those numbers from being overwhelming.
You can be right, if you see it as an advantage. I will be alive instead.

You make it a win-win for yourself - unless your crux changes, and the hospitals become dominated by the vaccinated, as is being reported from Israel and Australia already.

It can still look like a win - if the majority of the total population in Israel and Australia are vaccinated. Logically, who else is there to get sick?

Old 08-15-2021, 01:57 PM

The Israeli press release was missing all the data and flawed and just twisted by the media …..I spoke about that above so it means nothing as far as showing a thing.

All data in this country shows unvaccinated are overwhelmingly the patients dominating the hospitals .

Are there are few local hospitals that may see something different , sure ..but if say for example 94 kids are hospitalized and hundreds of thousands of Other kids are not hospitalized or are asymptomatic would it be fair statement to say kids are populating the local hospital so they are getting sick too unlike we believed .

Of course that would be a flawed statement…

So these few releases about vaccinated people and or kids have a lot of information missing about the population in that area

Old 08-15-2021, 02:21 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,075 times
Quote:
The Israeli press release was missing all the data and flawed and just twisted by the media …..I spoke about that above so it means nothing as far as showing a thing.

All data in this country shows unvaccinated are overwhelmingly the patients dominating the hospitals .

Are there are few local hospitals that may see something different , sure ..but if say for example 94 kids are hospitalized and hundreds of thousands of Other kids are not hospitalized or are asymptomatic would it be fair statement to say kids are populating the local hospital so they are getting sick too unlike we believed .

Of course that would be a flawed statement…

So these few releases about vaccinated people and or kids have a lot of information missing about the population in that area
I've yet to see any hard numbers on this. The last time I checked, VT (highest level of vaccinated) had the largest rise in hospitalizations.

Not to mention everything is giving in percentages. 500% increase is scary but are we going from 1 to 6 or 1000 to 6000?

Old 08-15-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
I've yet to see any hard numbers on this. The last time I checked, VT (highest level of vaccinated) had the largest rise in hospitalizations.

Not to mention everything is giving in percentages. 500% increase is scary but are we going from 1 to 6 or 1000 to 6000?
We have to see the future stats ..like I said that will tell all , not what people think or get from slanted sources.

My sources I respect say country wide 93% are unvaccinated in the hospitals being treated for covid

Old 08-15-2021, 03:38 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,075 times
Quote:
We have to see the future stats ..like I said that will tell all , not what people think or get from slanted sources.

My sources I respect say country wide 93% are unvaccinated in the hospitals being treated for covid
Respectfully, I get what you're saying. But is it 93% of 1000 cases or 93% of 2 million?
And what are your sources? CDC statistics?

Old 08-15-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Respectfully, I get what you're saying. But is it 93% of 1000 cases or 93% of 2 million?
And what are your sources? CDC statistics?
My source is Paul offit who I consider a world expert as well as vinray prasad.

It is 93% of all hospitalized covid cases overall as of now are unvaccinated according to their stats

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/statis...ry?id=78845627

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-15-2021 at 04:00 PM..

Old 08-15-2021, 03:59 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,031,429 times
You do not need to be vaccinated if you have already contracted COVID-19.
Typically people who catch an illness develop natural, life-long immunity and there is no reason to think SARS-CoV-2 is different in this regard. Persons who already had COVID were excluded from the initial trials (which is strange given that they now recommend it to people who already had the illness.) There is evidence the covid vaccine might actually be more dangerous for persons who have already had the illness in that they seem to develop an exaggerated reaction to the vaccine:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...653v1.full.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City