Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2021, 02:40 AM

106,654 posts, read 108,790,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Numbers are fine, but they need to be accurate and viewed by someone who knows what they mean.

Well, Israel is coming to Manhattan soon. Once all the bans are enforced, the vaccinated will only be able to blame each other for any infections that arise from their socializing. It will be interesting.
Except there are unvaccinated everywhere you go . People have fake cards as well.

Now data shows that the unvaccinated are 3x more likely to get covid and can effect others 3x greater than vaccinated can so that is a lot of extra transmission

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-30-2021 at 04:01 AM..

Old 08-30-2021, 02:43 AM

Quote:
No and that is because hospitalizations are very expensive. Some times bills reach a half million dollars or more. If an insurance carrier feels that the case could be handled on an out-patient basis they will not pay for an admission.

Im not saying the particular facility did not have room when she was there. Im saying even if they had room, if her condition did not meet the criteria to warrant an admission, she would have been sent home - as she was.
Nope , if it wasn’t for their partnership program they would not have sent my wife home , they told her that.

She would have been admitted the first time but they were only admitting those below a certain threshold in o2 levels because they did have the program in place .

Those who were on the program did meet the criteria for admittance but the program allowed them to be cared for remotely.

Not all hospitals have these programs

Old 08-30-2021, 02:45 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Nope , if it wasn’t for their partnership program they would not have sent my wife home , they told her that.

She would have been admitted the first time but they were only admitting those below a certain threshold in o2 levels because they did have the program in place .
Okay. Dont say nope - your second sentence is agreeing with me without you realizing it. Everyone, regardless of why they are in the ER, goes home with instructions to return if things get worse.

I suspect your Partnership Program is why she was sent to that particular facility (hospital). The hospital would probably send a patient TO that particular home if a patient needed nursing home services.

Old 08-30-2021, 02:48 AM

we requested Long Island Jewish when the ambulances picked us up … we are only ten to 15 minutes away and prefer LIJ to any queens hospitals .

It was just by chance northwell had a partnership program but as far as which hospital we went to we could choose ourselves as long as it was in the area.

It was only after being in the er we learned of the program .

In fact they were going to send me home on it at first …but then a second doctor I guess makes the final call and said they wanted to hold me over night …well that ended up being 14 days for me and 9 days for my wife

Old 08-30-2021, 02:50 AM

Quote:
we requested Long Island Jewish when the ambulances picked us up … we are only ten to 15 minutes away and prefer LIJ to any queens hospitals .

It was just by chance northwell had a partnership program
Im not sure, but I think Northwell has their fingers to some level in EVERY hospital.

https://www.northwell.edu/northwell-...-lab-in-queens

Northwell Health and NYC Health + Hospitals Open $47.7M Shared Lab in Queens

Old 08-30-2021, 02:56 AM

One point of information is one should always call their local volunteer ambulance company first if it is not a 911 emergency …the local ambulances will send an ambulance if available and many either just want a donation or they bill you very little .

Once it goes through 911 or if the local company has no one available and they call 911 the city Fdny bills you and it is over 1k a trip. Plus many of the fdny ambulances work out of a particular hospital and will take you to that hospital

Old 08-30-2021, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Im not sure, but I think Northwell has their fingers to some level in EVERY hospital.

https://www.northwell.edu/northwell-...-lab-in-queens
they own a bunch of hospitals but they are their own group ..my coworkers son is the ceo of Long Island Jewish… they have out patient clinics and labs all over. Some labs and centers are co ventures with other hospital groups.

At one time northwell started their own health insurance .except for Oxford they took no insurance other than Oxford , medicare and their own .

I had their insurance when I was working ….

They Decided after a few years to get out of the insurance business

Old 08-30-2021, 03:11 AM

Quote:
they own a bunch of hospitals but they are their own group ..my coworkers son is the ceo of Long Island Jewish… they have out patient clinics and labs all over. Some labs and centers are co ventures with other hospital groups.

At one time northwell started their own health insurance .except for Oxford they took no insurance other than Oxford , medicare and their own .

I had their insurance when I was working ….

They Decided after a few years to get out of the insurance business
I guess they felt taking over certain segments of Hospitals was more lucrative than insurance. Although I cant personally imagine that.

https://www.hcinnovationgroup.com/le...rthwell-health

NYC Health + Hospitals former CEO Ram Raju jumped ship to Northwell. At the same time, my facility had its CEO jump ship as well. I get the impression they are a primarily East Indian group. Phycare, which handles the Physicians angle is based in India.

"PhyCARE is a Global Health Care services company offers Revenue Cycle Management, Recruitment and Business Process Outsourcing Services to its clients. Our ability to deliver quality solutions comes from years of experience in healthcare built on expertise with constant focus on efficiency, cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction."

https://www.linkedin.com/company/phy...rivate-limited

PHYCARE SERVICES (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED is a hospital & health care company based out of # 501,502&509 to 511,M.No.269/A/2/1 to 6,4th Floor SRINILAYA CYBER SPAZIO, Road No.2,Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 08-30-2021 at 03:26 AM..

Old 08-30-2021, 03:28 AM

I avoid using any of the nyc health and hospitals as much as I can …I used to use catholic meds st Joseph’s hospital since I lived 3 blocks away as an emergency room when needed ..I would never go to to queens hospital …

Nyc health and hospitals were a huge customer for me when I was in the electrical supply and pump and motor business .

Long Island Jewish is my first choice if it looks serious or even for er visits like when my wife got bit by a dog

Old 08-30-2021, 03:37 AM

Quote:
I avoid using any of the nyc health and hospitals as much as I can …I used to use catholic meds st Joseph’s hospital since I lived 3 blocks away as an emergency room when needed ..I would never go to to queens hospital …

Nyc health and hospitals were a huge customer for me when I was in the electrical supply and pump and motor business .

Long Island Jewish is my first choice if it looks serious or even for er visits like when my wife got bit by a dog
NYC H+H is evolving into a state of the art group of teaching hospitals. I suspect its association with Northwell has only been beneficial to date (aside from the outsourcing).

They will always be a "safety net" group of facilities, but otherwise they offer everything as far as healthcare goes.

You should always go where you are most comfortable. And thanks for the tip on Volunteer Ambulances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City