Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2021, 05:51 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
1 in 4 US residents die annually from heart disease.
Heart disease is not a communicable disease.

I really am not sure where all the arguing comes from with covid. Like it or not we are at 690k dead from having the disease. That is a huge number of people. Even more have been hospitalized, putting a strain on the system during times of peak outbreaks.

Why all of nitpicking over covid? Do people just like to ***** about everything? Is it just politics? A false sense of security that I eat right, exercise, am young etc so I cant get sick from covid and the people that die somehow deserved it?

I just dont get all of the animosity. Mad about vaccines? ***** to the folks who made the mandates. The schmucks here cant do anything about it.

Mad about those who wont get it? Maybe they have a medical reason for it?
If truly still worried in general, use the same techniques of masking and distance used last year.

The non stop bickering grows tiresome. Most of it is just banal back and forth with no new information being presented.

This crap is bad enough in the Political forum, but that place always has its constant arguments. Does it really have to invade every sub forum?

Airbourne you were always quick to close threads that had nothing to do with NYC specifically and it made this forum a better place for it.

Ok off my soapbox. Thanks for the venting time!

Old 09-17-2021, 05:51 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
How do you all not realize Simplify is being sarcastic?

In any case, I recently had a friend of a friend pass from Covid, unvaccinated, 39 years old, vegan for the last 10 years, in excellent health from all who knew him and no underlying conditions.

Apparently, according to some, he should have just ate even more broccoli.

On another note, it amazes me that anti-vax folks are willing to ingest Regeneron, an unapproved treatment with new technology. Go figure.
RegenCov has EUA approval for post exposure use. I see no evidence that any particular group that has not been exposed to COVID is ingesting it.

Old 09-17-2021, 05:55 PM

1,046 posts, read 468,490 times
Quote:
RegenCov has EUA approval for post exposure use. I see no evidence that any particular group that has not been exposed to COVID is ingesting it.
I was talking about the people who protest vaccines that catch Covid and then take it.

They should refuse the treatment since it's under an EUA and experimental and new technology, given their stance on the vaccine.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I was talking about the people who protest vaccines that catch Covid and then take it.

They should refuse the treatment since it's under an EUA and experimental and new technology, given their stance on the vaccine.
You are assuming none of the over 15K breakthrough cases that have been hospitalized are being given it?

Old 09-17-2021, 06:05 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:

In any case, I recently had a friend of a friend pass from Covid, unvaccinated, 39 years old, vegan for the last 10 years, in excellent health from all who knew him and no underlying conditions.

On another note, it amazes me that anti-vax folks are willing to ingest Regeneron, an unapproved treatment with new technology. Go figure.
Vegans don’t take in enough zinc. Zinc is responsible in preventing viruses from penetrating the cell wall. Also, some vegans consume breads and “foods” made with white flour. Like they think that a pizza is healthy if it doesn’t have meats. Well, white flour increases blood glucose by a ton. It’s too high on glycemic index. Meats are a must. Sorry but it’s true. Humans are omnivores, not grass eaters.

Second, I visited a friend yesterday who told me that her coworker’s husband and son died four days after having received the second Pfizer shot.

Third, it’s not “anti-vaxx” folks. I know you guys call us that to make it seem we don’t follow science and are therefore stupid. Well no. We just don’t want to jump into new medication that hasn’t been tested or gone through clinical trials. Also, some people actually hold spiritual beliefs where they do not want to consume aborted fetal cells. Although you may not agree with spiritual people, they are protected by the constitution.

And finally, people should be able to decide the medical treatments for themselves and it’s none of our businesses to question their reasons.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:09 PM

Trisky,

I do not believe for a second that your friend was healthy. That is absolute and utter bull sht.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:13 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Third, it’s not “anti-vaxx” folks. I know you guys call us that

you're not against taking the vaccines?

Old 09-17-2021, 06:14 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Trisky,

I do not believe for a second that your friend was healthy. That is absolute and utter bull sht.
that goes against your programming

Old 09-17-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
you're not against taking the vaccines?
Absolutely not. I have MMR. I am “fully vaccinated” although I consider it a mistake.

I’m against mass forced, mandated and coerced vaccines on everyone and the demonization of those who refuse it. I’m also against billionaire drug companies being exempt from any liabilities for any vaccine - related injuries and that instead the tax payer has to pay for.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
You are assuming none of the over 15K breakthrough cases that have been hospitalized are being given it?
Keep your eye on that number of breakthrough infection cases being hospitalized. It has been rising daily. Yesterday it was 14K. A few days before that it was 7K.

I bet they are being given RegenCov. It is probably considered complimentary to the vaccine, otherwise it would probably not be safe to be given to vaccinated patients, with no way of knowing what any contraindications might be - Im assuming due to its EUA status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City