Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 04:56 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Surprisingly, 99% of stores are not mandating masks anymore, yet almost everyone is still wearing them indoors. I literally walked into Best Buy today to return something and didn't put a mask on and the employees were fine with it. In fact, I notice many stores have taken down their "masks required" sign and just not posting anything at all on the entrance anymore. So, it's completely optional now at most places, yet really makes me wonder why most people are still wearing them indoors? Do they not trust the science when they say it's safe??
Some people are just trying to act superior. I was in Whole Foods today and had mine on, but noticed the employees were not wearing them, and I was hot as hell with it on, so I may not bother next time since I'm vaccinated.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:03 PM

3,485 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Some people are just trying to act superior. I was in Whole Foods today and had mine on, but noticed the employees were not wearing them, and I was hot as hell with it on, so I may not bother next time since I'm vaccinated.

Yeah, I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday and I wasn't sure of the policy at that particular retailer since they didn't publicly announce on their website. But I put on a mask upon entrance just to be sure in case they require it, but then saw three employees not wearing one and couple of shoppers without masks as well. So I just took mine off and no one said anything to me. It was all good.

So from now on, if the store doesn't clearly state that masks are required, then I'm walking in without a mask. If an employee tells me to put on a mask because it's their policy, then no problem, I'll put it on without a fuss. But with the CDC changing their guidelines, these stores need to make it abundantly clear that they require everyone to wear masks, vaccinated or not. Otherwise, if it's not stated, then the assumption is that masks are optional.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:41 PM

34 posts, read 30,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
What?!?!?! Tell me that’s not true.

I wash my hands before and after bathroom!
I've seen some guys just walk out, especially upper management.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:44 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,543,511 times
I was in Trader Joe's and it was 50/50, so I took mine off. My cashier was maskless, too .

Old 06-15-2021, 03:04 PM

3,485 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I was in Trader Joe's and it was 50/50, so I took mine off. My cashier was maskless, too .

Funny because BJ's is perfectly ok with vaccinated people going maskless, yet so many people at the store are still wearing them. I may see only a few people without masks, if any. It's interesting because the other day, I shopped there without a mask and the guy checking the receipts didn't have a mask on either and when I showed him my receipt, he's like, "Hey! How's it going, my friend!"

Old 06-15-2021, 03:14 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,543,511 times
Most places I’ve seen say if you’re vaccinated (which I am) feel free to be maskless. If not, they would like you to wear a mask, but don’t say it’s mandatory. So I think that’s where we are for the foreseeable future.

Old 06-17-2021, 06:11 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It's about your personal preference. For me, there are simply too many people from every corner of the planet in Manhattan spreading all kinds of viruses. I will be wearing masks indoors in Manhattan forever. Don't care what anyone thinks. I have not gotten sick since Feb 2020 and looking to keep it that way.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:26 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,621,245 times
another problem is if you don't want to wear one, which I don't, and won't.
but, what happens if you go into a store and they require it, does this mean that where ever you go you have to carry the mask with you?

I usually have one in my car, office, bag, etc, but there are times when I don't have one with me, and then this is PITA if I have to go into a store and they require it and I don't have it.

I'm not going to argue with anyone over it, if they require it, i will wear it, but having to always remember to carry one, is becoming somewhat annoying....

Old 06-17-2021, 07:46 AM

1,046 posts, read 468,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
another problem is if you don't want to wear one, which I don't, and won't.
but, what happens if you go into a store and they require it, does this mean that where ever you go you have to carry the mask with you?

I usually have one in my car, office, bag, etc, but there are times when I don't have one with me, and then this is PITA if I have to go into a store and they require it and I don't have it.

I'm not going to argue with anyone over it, if they require it, i will wear it, but having to always remember to carry one, is becoming somewhat annoying....
Maybe a solution is if businesses are going to continue to require the masks they should also provide disposable masks at the door.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:58 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Maybe a solution is if businesses are going to continue to require the masks they should also provide disposable masks at the door.
That sounds reasonable. Last year, several grocery stores provided gloves to customers. Why not provide masks if they wish customers to wear one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: