Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 07:34 PM

3,397 posts, read 1,353,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Nationwide the CDC removed the mask mandate what two weeks ago? Covid didn't explode everywhere, in fact it's still going down.

That's all you need to know about masks.

PS Yes I know there are lots vaccinated, but only about 140 Million are vaccinated nationwide. That still leaves about 180-200 million people who can still catch covid with no masks.... not happening.

Nuff said.

What about Texas? They were the first to remove their mask mandates and their Covid cases have been dropping since then. So I'm starting to question just how useful masks really were. Think about it... California had the strictest mask mandates and their cases exploded at one point. So makes you wonder....

Old 06-02-2021, 07:37 PM

3,672 posts, read 3,396,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
What about Texas? They were the first to remove their mask mandates and their Covid cases have been dropping since then. So I'm starting to question just how useful masks really were. Think about it... California had the strictest mask mandates and their cases exploded at one point. So makes you wonder....
Exactly. But you aren't allowed to think critically and question anything lately

Old 06-02-2021, 07:59 PM

3,397 posts, read 1,353,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
"...a New York only practice."

Because Dictator Cuomo created a huge mass of followers who take his word over anything else.

Yeah, it was basically Cuomo that started it all. He was the one that pushed for it.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:16 PM

3,063 posts, read 2,631,002 times
It's the vaccinations. Don't quit your day job.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:33 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,490,994 times
The Fauci FOIL emails demonstrate that he knew it was transmitted via aerosol (not contact or droplets) and primarily by symptomatic patients since early 2020. Masks have always been political and are basically useless unless you opt for a true N95 or better. If they took their own advice they would have done a reverse quarantine, isolating the elderly and immunocompromised and letting everyone else who isn’t at risk ride it out. Actually Fauci was advised to do exactly that and ignored it, seemingly because he had either a financial or professional interest in the Chinese lab where it was created.

How many lives would have been saved if we knew this a year ago? Preorders of Fauci’s book have already been cancelled, look for the elites to throw him right under the bus and try to move on like nothing happened.

Old 06-03-2021, 11:45 AM

3,672 posts, read 3,396,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
It's the vaccinations. Don't quit your day job.
I agree the vaccines are working.

My point is masks didnt do anything. The virus infected who it was going to infect regardless. Fauci emails confirm this. Its not a “conspiracy theory”

Old 06-03-2021, 11:50 AM

18,356 posts, read 31,429,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I agree the vaccines are working.

My point is masks didnt do anything. The virus infected who it was going to infect regardless. Fauci emails confirm this. Its not a “conspiracy theory”

I agree, I also don't think the masks did anything,

and I am over it and them, and am over people telling me what to do.

and NY should have NEVER of closed down in the first place, but since we have 2 idiots at the helm, now the recovery process will take forever.

why is it what ever new mayor, president, and the like, ALWAYS complain they have to undo the mess from the previous....when is someone gonna get it right???????

it is 2021 one would think we would be a prosperous and happy nation, and yet we are still a freaking mess and can't get it right.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:06 PM

173 posts, read 145,674 times
I really do wish we could've seen what happened to NYC (and really all of the U.S.) if we all decided to just keep living our lives and never shut down.

I don't know the answer, whether it's millions of deaths due to COVID and hospitals not being able to keep up with the pace of both COVID cases and regular illnesses OR if most people aren't affected much and we never had to shut down the economy. My instincts tell me the former, but I acknowledge it very well could've been the latter.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:34 PM

867 posts, read 403,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I agree, I also don't think the masks did anything,

and I am over it and them, and am over people telling me what to do.

and NY should have NEVER of closed down in the first place, but since we have 2 idiots at the helm, now the recovery process will take forever.

why is it what ever new mayor, president, and the like, ALWAYS complain they have to undo the mess from the previous....when is someone gonna get it right???????

it is 2021 one would think we would be a prosperous and happy nation, and yet we are still a freaking mess and can't get it right.

Creating socio-economic issues is beneficial to them.
They take strict measures "for the common good", knowing it will lead to a disaster, then they can issue promises to "rebuild NY".
How are you going to come off as a savior if there are no real major issues in the first place, or, if the issues you promised to solve initially never were solved?
Solution, use a crisis to your advantage, let the drama happen (prior issues will dissolve in people's minds, and you can blame their worsening on the current crisis), then pretend you/people like you will come up with solutions and be a savior.

Old 06-04-2021, 04:42 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,825,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpable View Post
I really do wish we could've seen what happened to NYC (and really all of the U.S.) if we all decided to just keep living our lives and never shut down.

I don't know the answer, whether it's millions of deaths due to COVID and hospitals not being able to keep up with the pace of both COVID cases and regular illnesses OR if most people aren't affected much and we never had to shut down the economy. My instincts tell me the former, but I acknowledge it very well could've been the latter.
It's amazing how people can be so insular and not think of others.

A year ago we had medical professionals begging for people to stop being selfish. Nurses in tears over the carnage and many of you people are asking why we shut down.

It is an absolute travesty that we have almost the same number of deaths as the Spanish Flu 100 years later, and Americans consider this acceptable progress. Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: