Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 07:51 AM

1,046 posts, read 469,458 times

Advertisements

He lost me at cheese.

The only acceptable cheese is melted mozzarella. Everything else is nasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 09:46 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
say what you want about the idea and silliness of recreating the bodega on wheels... but damn the sandwiches on his insta look great
Now that food courts, food festivals, street festivals are returning, I hope he does well. Not everyone wants to go to the bodega (for reasons described by another poster). They just want to eat. At least he's not sitting on his a, complaining & whining about how broke he is. At least, he's trying to make bank. I wish him all the best.

Old 05-27-2021, 10:53 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
I don't miss the authentic bodega experience - grew up in NYCHA housing after all. Bodega experience consisting of expired labeled foods, rude/indifferent staff, crazy homeless guys holding the door open shaking a cup of change, the santeria brujas in the back selling magic spells, or (if a Yemeni deli) the guy trying to sell me "bacon" or "sausage" which is not really pork but is turkey instead.
And not even being able to buy beer much of the time if it's a Yemeni deli

Old 05-27-2021, 11:57 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
And not even being able to buy beer much of the time if it's a Yemeni deli
Your mileage may vary but I've found most Yemeni delis have no problem selling alcohol, cigarettes, or lotto tickets (all items that would be proscribed in Islam) but draw the line at pork. It seems very arbitrary and hypocritical to me.

Old 05-27-2021, 07:06 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Your mileage may vary but I've found most Yemeni delis have no problem selling alcohol, cigarettes, or lotto tickets (all items that would be proscribed in Islam) but draw the line at pork. It seems very arbitrary and hypocritical to me.
I think they tend to sell beer when it's a high rent neighborhood or they otherwise need the money to stay in business. But I've been to a lot of them that have no alcohol.

Old 05-27-2021, 08:33 PM

128 posts, read 115,257 times
He needs to be there Saturday Night when the the "the Secret Society" outdoor party (not co-vid friendly) down the street by the water will take place. he will definitely rake it in .

Old 05-30-2021, 02:44 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
That's a lot of people in that food truck for what looks like very little business...

Old 05-30-2021, 06:45 AM
PVW

287 posts, read 165,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
He lost me at cheese.

The only acceptable cheese is melted mozzarella. Everything else is nasty.
Yes, and so if I ever wanted to have one, I'd likely try making it at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City