Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 06:07 PM

1,034 posts, read 445,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I don't, either. There have been posters here who discussed that there were elderly people in their families who were unvaccinated because they could not leave home.

Why rage over being asked if you want the service? If you do not, just politely decline it.
Whether someone wants to get the vaccine or not is a personal choice. On the other hand, why the need to advertise ones ignorance?

I was born in the USSR. I got all my vaccines there. When we came to the US, I had to get vaccinated all over again. I've traveled extensively so I've had to get a few for travel as well. Same with my brother. I've had more vaccines than th vast majority of people.

A vaccine is a tool. Nothing more, nothing less. Being against a vaccine is like being against an electric screwdriver. It's ignorant.

The virus most likely escaped from the Wuhan lab but that's an entirely separate story. if most people realized how retardedly effective at infection (notwithstanding the fatality rats) this virus is, maybe they'd keep the politics out of it.

My brother is a molecular bioogist. He worked on the Pfizer/Biotech vaccine. Early on while reading the scientific litertaire on the virus he.mentioned how stupidly effective this virus was at infection under certain circumstances. Scientific literacy in our country is pretty bad though. Most people rather gorge themselves on social media memes.

Last edited by Bklynball; 05-30-2021 at 06:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 06:32 PM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times
I wish I could rep the above post a thousand times. I read some of the studies too. Once they configured the genetic code, they were able to make the vaccine. mRNA is awesome and most vaccines in the future will be manufactured this way. With computer technology, vaccines can be developed much faster than in the past. It's like writing code for an app or a game.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:17 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
All total waste of taxpayer money
It is a waste, last week I saw street teams . They were giving out masks and asking if people wanted to get vaccinated. Saw probably 30+ people. Only ONE asked me and offered me a mask. The others just walked around, sat in the park and chatted with each other. Talk about a waste in tax payers money....
They wear orange vests so and carry boxes of masks around. Perhaps other have seen them too.

Old 05-31-2021, 09:26 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
If someone steps foot on my land without consent they aren't walking off.
Do you often shoot people who ring your doorbell?

Old 06-01-2021, 07:22 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Minding my own business on a Sunday morning when someone rings my door bell. I don't answer it because I'm not expecting anyone. I look out the peep hole and see a guy talking to my neighbor. He said he's from the city and is going door to door to see if people would like to sign up to get vaccinated.
I'm sorry but this is too much.

I agree with you on this.

I would not like someone at my door asking me if I wanna be vaccinated (I already am, of my own choice)
I feel if someone wants to be vaxed, they don't need someone knocking on their door asking them to sign up.

Now, for the safety aspect of it, I don't want people in my building knocking on doors. I don't like the idea of that at all.

It is like the Jehova's wittnesses, I don't need you at my door to convert me, I have my own religion thank you very much.

We do not want strangers in our building, not in this day and age.

It is a shame that the city has gotten to the point of basically bribing people to get the vaccination.

IMO, it is a no brainer, get the dam vaccine and call it a day.
this has been in the works for decades, this vaccine wasn't just whipped up in 3 months time.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:43 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
It is a waste, last week I saw street teams . They were giving out masks and asking if people wanted to get vaccinated. Saw probably 30+ people. Only ONE asked me and offered me a mask. The others just walked around, sat in the park and chatted with each other. Talk about a waste in tax payers money....
They wear orange vests so and carry boxes of masks around. Perhaps other have seen them too.
Just heard on the news that roughly 51% of all eligible New Yorkers are fully vaccinated, so the outreach is obviously working. 62% have had at least one dose of their vaccine.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:53 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
No wonder why Fed Ex/UPS/USPS drivers just dump packages at the lobby. They don't want anyone shooting them.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:53 AM

Door bell rang twice this morning. I suspect they were back. It wasn't even 9am

For all of you who say it's not a big deal for random people coming into your building and go door to door, Please send me a private message with your address. I will be happy to ring your door bell randomly.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:56 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Door bell rang twice this morning. I suspect they were back. It wasn't even 9am

For all of you who say it's not a big deal for random people coming into your building and go door to door, Please send me a private message with your address. I will be happy to ring your door bell randomly.
Put a sign on the bell telling people not to ring it.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Put a sign on the bell telling people not to ring it.
I did actually but a JW tore it down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City