Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 07:24 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I meant American revolution. If you read the NYT 1619 project. The reason for the American revolution to break away from great Britain was to preserve the institution of slavery. Sadly Britain did not end slavery until 1838 for its black population in the Caribbean, British Honduras and British Guiana. I did not move no goal post. I just made an error. It's not a basic part of it, but in critical legal studies. And at times CRT. They frame historicalll links to slavery and oppression of black people. Again CRT is not a conclusion. It just just a theory in which it's followers and professors believe. Mind you I'm not against CRT. I'm not for it either.
This is the basis of the criticism I have of the application of CRT...and a number of other social issue:

Nothing labeled "studies" should ever be its own major.

Hear me out: Being its own major (African-American Studies, Women's Studies, et cetera) permits the creation of PhDs and entire departments within an extremely narrow field of study without relationship to and the discipline of broader scholarship. It becomes the ivory tower of ivory towers, as separated from the tests of the real world as any field of study could possibly be.

And those PhDs have to conjure up something for their doctoral dissertations. A lot of it winds up being counterproductive, IMO.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:37 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
This is the basis of the criticism I have of the application of CRT...and a number of other social issue:

Nothing labeled "studies" should ever be its own major.

Hear me out: Being its own major (African-American Studies, Women's Studies, et cetera) permits the creation of PhDs and entire departments within an extremely narrow field of study without relationship to and the discipline of broader scholarship. It becomes the ivory tower of ivory towers, as separated from the tests of the real world as any field of study could possibly be.

And those PhDs have to conjure up something for their doctoral dissertations. A lot of it winds up being counterproductive, IMO.
My fiancée is an academic. She is big into CRT ideology. And yes it is a very elitist bougoussie club.

Old 06-24-2021, 09:04 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,707,576 times
Quote:
I meant American revolution. If you read the NYT 1619 project. The reason for the American revolution to break away from great Britain was to preserve the institution of slavery. Sadly Britain did not end slavery until 1838 for its black population in the Caribbean, British Honduras and British Guiana. I did not move no goal post. I just made an error. It's not a basic part of it, but in critical legal studies. And at times CRT. They frame historicalll links to slavery and oppression of black people. Again CRT is not a conclusion. It just just a theory in which it's followers and professors believe. Mind you I'm not against CRT. I'm not for it either.
The most insidious part of CRT is not even the narration of history. It is organizing people in groups and assigning group guilt and stripping away their individual identities. We have seen the ultimate result of that before, in the horrors of the 20th century.

Being born in the Soviet Union myself, I can see that sh*t from a mile away. Soviet Union and Nazi Germany were both big on assigning group/collective guilt to various groups of people, instead of treating individual actions of specific people separately.
You can clearly see the similarities:
"Whiteness" -> "Jewishness"
"White Supremacy" -> "Jewish Supremacy"
"The Whites control the institutions" -> "The Jews control the banks"
"race-consciousness", "naming one's own reality", "lived experiences", "racial oppression", etc etc.
Denial of individual rights and liberalism and supplementing it with acquiring political power instead.
Grouping people based on race and proclaiming that it is one of the most important things when it comes to identity. You belong to a group, not a free thinking individual.

Last edited by Gantz; 06-24-2021 at 09:22 AM..

Old 06-24-2021, 11:33 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
The most insidious part of CRT is not even the narration of history. It is organizing people in groups and assigning group guilt and stripping away their individual identities. We have seen the ultimate result of that before, in the horrors of the 20th century.

Being born in the Soviet Union myself, I can see that sh*t from a mile away. Soviet Union and Nazi Germany were both big on assigning group/collective guilt to various groups of people, instead of treating individual actions of specific people separately.

^^ this is similar to what?

"__________" -> "____________"

Old 06-24-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:

"race-consciousness", "naming one's own reality", "lived experiences", "racial oppression", etc etc.
Denial of individual rights and liberalism and supplementing it with acquiring political power instead.
Grouping people based on race and proclaiming that it is one of the most important things when it comes to identity. You belong to a group, not a free thinking individual.
Both the nazis and communist Soviet union were agaisnt American or Anglo Saxon liberalism. For the nazis Jews control capitalism. For the Soviets who were anti capitalist and anti liberals were also against the bougoussie many of the bougoussie and affluent in the west are Jewish people. Jews got hid hard from both nazis and communist.

Old 06-24-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

^^ this is similar to what?

"__________" -> "____________"
Here is my take on CRT. Majority of CRT followers mean well. And the intention of crt was to show how the American liberal system is not fair to people of color even during this colorblindness state. And how deconstructionist must tear down society and build it up again to make society equitble and inclusive for all people and those who are oppressed. I'm not against CRT teaching in America, but what happened is that cry morphed into an anti white ideology. CRT is not supposed to be anti white but once the ideology fell into the hands of white liberal academics. It seems these folks either want to kill themselves or burn down America on the behalf of blacks and native Americans.

Like Christianity in the past during the late Roman empire. Emperor Constantine had to have council to correct Christianity and bring in state involvement in Christian matters to dispel controversies. Since CRT came out of thr united states, the ideology. American academics should have a council to dispel controversies of CRT. Now the media and the right turned CRT has a moral panic. Just as how the left and the media turned white supremacy as a moral panic 4 years ago. What we are seeing now, the Roman empire went through the same. Not much difference between George Floyd and Perpetua.

Old 06-24-2021, 12:18 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:

Ex-Soviets, Ex-Cubans, older Polish, Romanian, etc everyone I meet from former Communist countries are saying the same thing, it's all the familiar repressive ideology that came from the same piece s*it Karl Marx

Old 06-24-2021, 12:42 PM

1,399 posts, read 891,580 times
Quote:
My fiancée is an academic. She is big into CRT ideology. And yes it is a very elitist bougoussie club.
Academic that's into CRT. Big surprise! If this country had any balls, people like your fiance would be lined up against the wall.

Old 06-24-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Ex-Soviets, Ex-Cubans, older Polish, Romanian, etc everyone I meet from former Communist countries are saying the same thing, it's all the familiar repressive ideology that came from the same piece s*it Karl Marx
CRT is from Marxism as an descendent of Marxist crique of liberal capitalism. What happened is that western Europe did not go the same route as Russia and thus angered many Marxist. You have mercus, Derrida gramzi and focoult. All of these men are Italian, German and French. These men broke away from Marxism. Also many disliked the Soviet union. They noticed the big thing is culture and not class. The post Marxist created critical theory which is a crique of liberalism. Out of critical theory came critical pedagogy from Brazil and critical legal studies from the United States. Critical legal studies created critical race theory.

Mind you guys. People who do CRT or other ideologies aren't evil or malicious. It is those who follow and reinterpret ideologies for objective aims,ideology is morphed, builds on tenets. We have seen this throughout history. Look at Romans who though Christians were evil. Why? Because of doctrine. Or look at Christians in late Roman empire who saw none niceean Christians and pagans as evil. Why? Doctrine

Also note that CRT is not compatible with mainline othrodox Marxism which is class based. CRT itself removed Marx for one being white, and Marx is very unpopular for many Americans.

Last edited by Checkmarkblue; 06-24-2021 at 01:03 PM..

Old 06-24-2021, 01:29 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
CRT is from Marxism as an descendent of Marxist crique of liberal capitalism. What happened is that western Europe did not go the same route as Russia and thus angered many Marxist. You have mercus, Derrida gramzi and focoult. All of these men are Italian, German and French. These men broke away from Marxism. Also many disliked the Soviet union. They noticed the big thing is culture and not class. The post Marxist created critical theory which is a crique of liberalism. Out of critical theory came critical pedagogy from Brazil and critical legal studies from the United States. Critical legal studies created critical race theory.

Mind you guys. People who do CRT or other ideologies aren't evil or malicious. It is those who follow and reinterpret ideologies for objective aims,ideology is morphed, builds on tenets. We have seen this throughout history. Look at Romans who though Christians were evil. Why? Because of doctrine. Or look at Christians in late Roman empire who saw none niceean Christians and pagans as evil. Why? Doctrine

Also note that CRT is not compatible with mainline othrodox Marxism which is class based. CRT itself removed Marx for one being white, and Marx is very unpopular for many Americans.
Well said. Gramsci is the grand architect of the misery we are being made to suffer through today. He's the one that said Marx failed because of cultural hegemony and that the movement needed to undermine all major institutions (education, religion, media, etc...). They switched from economic class marxism to cultural marxism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City