Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 02:33 PM

33,402 posts, read 46,840,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
In all of the years I've been working in Manhattan, I have never dealt with so much vehicular noise. It's really annoying. Sometimes I stop what I'm doing to go look out the window just to see what is going on. Cops seem to be MIA.
Yeah but why so much vehicular noise, I thought we were still in a pandemic

Where is everybody going? I thought so much people either lost their job or was WFH

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 02:34 PM

5,615 posts, read 2,793,390 times
Quote:
All I know is it's becoming a huge pain and almost a daily occurrence now at night. I've had my windows closed with the AC since Sunday, and I can still hear them over the AC in the living room, or in my bedroom. Used to be something that would happen on July 4th and that would be it, but now, like the street racing, this is becoming a daily event now. Seems like the people doing it have a lot of money to blow on these fire works and on modifying their cars to be as loud as possible. Guess this is what happens when gubment hands out free money to deadbeats that don't work.
Making a car loud doesnt take much money. You rip the cat off and remove mufflers. Most times, unless its a Ferrari 365GTB Daytona, it will sound like crap.

Old 06-09-2021, 03:06 PM

12,742 posts, read 8,176,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah but why so much vehicular noise, I thought we were still in a pandemic

Where is everybody going? I thought so much people either lost their job or was WFH
Yeah, must be the unemployment handouts they are using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Making a car loud doesnt take much money. You rip the cat off and remove mufflers. Most times, unless its a Ferrari 365GTB Daytona, it will sound like crap.
Most of these cars are quite high-end, as in brand new; BMWs, Audis, etc., with big rims, new wheels and all of the other bells and whistles, so that's really what I was thinking about. You see the guys step out of these cars, and they look like they could be delivering packages for Amazon or something. In fact in an article I read, one of them spent almost all of the money they made working fixing up their car. I guess they must all live at home.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:36 AM

3,418 posts, read 1,362,327 times
Quote:
All I know is it's becoming a huge pain and almost a daily occurrence now at night. I've had my windows closed with the AC since Sunday, and I can still hear them over the AC in the living room, or in my bedroom. Used to be something that would happen on July 4th and that would be it, but now, like the street racing, this is becoming a daily event now. Seems like the people doing it have a lot of money to blow on these fire works and on modifying their cars to be as loud as possible. Guess this is what happens when gubment hands out free money to deadbeats that don't work.
Yeah I don’t understand why people feel it’s necessary to blow fireworks all night on July 4th disrupting people’s sleep and also doing it every night now. I don’t get it!

Old 06-10-2021, 07:05 AM

6,225 posts, read 2,994,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Yeah I don’t understand why people feel it’s necessary to blow fireworks all night on July 4th disrupting people’s sleep and also doing it every night now. I don’t get it!
4th of July, I can understand, as it's an American celebration and an American tradition. It's the other 364 days of the year, that I don't understand. There someone, near where I live, that blows off some really loud stuff, at least twice a month, during the summer, and it's annoying.

Yeah, I know, I could go get in my car and drive around, when he starts it, and find out where it's originating from, but at 11PM, who wants to get out of bed, get dressed, and start cruising around? I would think that he has neighbors within a couple hundred feet, that would be annoyed by this....

Old 06-10-2021, 07:44 AM

5,615 posts, read 2,793,390 times
Quote:
Yeah, must be the unemployment handouts they are using.

Most of these cars are quite high-end, as in brand new; BMWs, Audis, etc., with big rims, new wheels and all of the other bells and whistles, so that's really what I was thinking about. You see the guys step out of these cars, and they look like they could be delivering packages for Amazon or something. In fact in an article I read, one of them spent almost all of the money they made working fixing up their car. I guess they must all live at home.
Most of the higher end cars today are turbocharged. Change the exhaust and you get those backfiring sounds everytime you downshift or let off gas. And these days since everything is for lease, anyone can afford a $500 a month payment.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:48 AM

1,399 posts, read 883,514 times
Where were YOU during the summer of love? Part 2 coming soon. Keep voting democrat, idiots.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:13 AM

8,911 posts, read 4,699,696 times
There will be a task force!

https://www.amny.com/news/fireworks-...-pyrotechnics/

The rockets’ red glare and bombs bursting in the air over New York City last summer gave proof through many a night that illegal fireworks were still there — and out of control.

Hoping to avoid a repeat of the illegal fireworks displays this summer, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on Wednesday a task force intended to crack down on pyrotechnics in the city.

The task force will pool the resources of the FDNY, NYC Sheriff, NYPD intelligence, Port Authority Police, NY State Police, New Jersey State Police, Yonkers Police and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF). The task force consists of 32 officers: 10 from NYPD Intelligence, 12 from the FDNY Fire Marshals unit, and 10 deputy sheriffs from the Bureau of Criminal Investigations.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:17 AM

1,046 posts, read 463,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
There will be a task force!

https://www.amny.com/news/fireworks-...-pyrotechnics/

The rockets’ red glare and bombs bursting in the air over New York City last summer gave proof through many a night that illegal fireworks were still there — and out of control.

Hoping to avoid a repeat of the illegal fireworks displays this summer, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on Wednesday a task force intended to crack down on pyrotechnics in the city.

The task force will pool the resources of the FDNY, NYC Sheriff, NYPD intelligence, Port Authority Police, NY State Police, New Jersey State Police, Yonkers Police and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF). The task force consists of 32 officers: 10 from NYPD Intelligence, 12 from the FDNY Fire Marshals unit, and 10 deputy sheriffs from the Bureau of Criminal Investigations.
I have literally never had a response to a single noise or firework complaint I've ever made over the years. Last year might have seen more fireworks but this has always been an issue, especially in the summer.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:46 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,618,601 times
Yeah because NYPD are very eager to go in the hood to take away people's fireworks

what could go wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City