Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:16 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckee View Post
I can only imagine all the things not caught on camera..if they will lie in a report with mobs of people watching...its is very scary to think about what else has/is happening.
They have no shame. It's unfortunate that they are some of the biggest liars I have met. I would love to think that the police keep us safe..but I have personally seen them do more harm than anything, at times.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 PM

Default I know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
ha ha ha ha you're funny. Let me play Miss Cleo here... the officer is gonna be exonerated - he acted in a manner "consisted with departmental guidelines"
I wouldn't be surprised! If that isn't corruption, I don't know what is.
BTW what is Miss Cleo? LOL

Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 PM

473 posts, read 1,670,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
...BTW what is Miss Cleo? LOL
A "psychic" woman on T.V, with a manufactured jamaican accent, who used to predict the sun will rise in the morning.....

Old 07-28-2008, 11:19 PM

706 posts, read 3,762,817 times
Quote:
Yeah that was pretty sad...too many of these guys think they are above the law..it is pretty scary stuff. Right in front of hundreds of people no less and then blatantly lie about it in the police report. WOW....very scary indeed.

Exactly.

And things like that rarely make the news.

But many of us see it.

And apparently, many don't.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
They have no shame. It's unfortunate that they are some of the biggest liars I have met. I would love to think that the police keep us safe..but I have personally seen them do more harm than anything, at times.
Those are exactly my sentiments I've SEEN them do more harm than good in many situations.

SEEN them ignite rather than difuse....

Disrespect rather than respect.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicalguy View Post
If I can name 8 doctors who committed crimes in connection with their medical practice, would that prove that there is pervasive corruption in the medical profession? How about nurses? Is the nursing profession pervasively corrupt because a few nurses have been found to have engaged in mass murder, or have been drug addicts? I don't know if much can be added to this debate. Some people think they KNOW that the NYPD is "rotten to the core," or is "50% corrupt," but that appears to be based on very thin evidence.

One person has suggested that the investigation of police misconduct is suspect because it's performed by the police. It's performed by people who had no involvement, and who are from a different branch. Who do you think should perform the investigation, or do you think that we should just assume that all charges against police officers are true? So much for due process.

Did I name 8 policemen?

a few?

Did I name ANY?

What I provided for you AS STATED were a very few examples of the more horrendous acts

as a start for you to do some research if you actually wanted to.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
The police receive 11.5 million 911 calls each year and you come up with four "factual" incidents that have occurred over the past 25 years? Of those four only one was found to be criminal (Louima). I think your liberal opinions are blurring your focus to put together a valid argument.

Perhaps your denial is blurring your focus so that you're not reading posts clearly.

I stated that they're very few examples.

You say only one was found to be criminal.

Duh!

What's the term you used "corrupt enterprise"?

Old 07-28-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaReed View Post
Those are exactly my sentiments I've SEEN them do more harm than good in many situations.

SEEN them ignite rather than difuse....

Disrespect rather than respect.
SAME HERE. How can people deny this? Apparently they are not living in the same world that we are.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
I am just shaken by the whole thing...it really has made me think twice about the NYPD.....there are seriously problems here that are just not being addressed....its 2008 and we are dealing with the same problems as 1958...I can only imagine what we could learn and how our society would be different if cameras were as ubiquious bak then...all the lives lost and ruined due to this kind of coruption.
I agree whole heartedly, and yes many lives are ruined do to the ignorance of this malice from the police...but no one cares until it's one of their own loved ones...So I'm just going to sit back and relax when I see the few pro-police people on here.

I think it's time the police were forced to shape up.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:16 AM

473 posts, read 1,670,277 times
Quote:
...I think it's time the police were forced to shape up.
Maybe that's what this attorney tried to do ...... ended up fired.... Police corruption panel lawyer fired after she questions Taser zap of teen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City