Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2021, 10:55 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Meh, go work for Hallmark and make cards

All you do is complain about stuff, go change your life instead of coming on here to beef with the poors, you make all this money yet you have nothing better to do
No lie that's my wife's job. Not Hallmark, but one of the second largest companies.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2021, 12:49 PM

1,034 posts, read 446,736 times
Quote:
So move where there's less parasites if thats how you feel then. What else do you want ppl to tell you? You're the one with the complaints.
You're entirely illogical. What's the point of even having laws then?
Let's all live in the jungle and run around like neanderthals. That's basically how the ghetto elements in NYC live anyhow.

By the way, calling attention to something isn't complaining. You don't want people mentioning that there's a wide swath of people in NYC living on taxpayers dime because you're one of them and it makes you uncomfortable. So no one should ever mention it?

Last edited by Bklynball; 06-20-2021 at 01:30 PM..

Old 06-20-2021, 01:19 PM

2,317 posts, read 1,152,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
One, I own, don't believe in long term renting under any circumstances.

Two, have not nor can ever see myself needing to rent a home so desperately would be willing to undergo the intrusive process called "lottery system".

Owning a home is much better in the long run. My parents were homeowners, paid off the house before my father retried. So they didn't have to worry about some miserable NYC landlord in their later years. I bought a 1-family house for the same reason. I control my own living space, and even have a private driveway. It's not cheap but I control my own living space.

Sometimes I read the posts over on the 'housing lottery' board. A large group of people quite happy to have their low rent subsidized by either NYC taxpayers, or market-rate renters. And even then they complain about the size of the apartments and everything else. It's the welfare culture of this preference and that preference, the 'gimme' attitude at it's worst.

Old 06-20-2021, 05:26 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
No lie that's my wife's job. Not Hallmark, but one of the second largest companies.
She needs to put this guy Bklynball on, he needs a new career

Instead of worrying about my ML apartment

He needs to worry about how to put more money in his pocket to take care of his family

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-20-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
You're entirely illogical. What's the point of even having laws then?
Let's all live in the jungle and run around like neanderthals. That's basically how the ghetto elements in NYC live anyhow.

By the way, calling attention to something isn't complaining. You don't want people mentioning that there's a wide swath of people in NYC living on taxpayers dime because you're one of them and it makes you uncomfortable. So no one should ever mention it?
It's not what you're doing, its how you do it

Old 06-20-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
She needs to put this guy Bklynball on, he needs a new career

Instead of worrying about my ML apartment

He needs to worry about how to put more money in his pocket to take care of his family

No one's worrying about anything. How would anyone know you had an ML apartment it you didn't constantly announce it? If you had any dignity you'd just keep it quite. All an ML apartment shows is that you make below a certain income threshold and that you plan to for the rest of your life. You're stuck where you are. A nuclear bomb could explode by your ML complex and if your apartment is still standing, you wouldn't go anywhere. That's why you pretend to be nonchalant about all the nonesense.

You advised me to apply for an ML apartment sometime back. In your world, most people probably live on some sort of government handout. That's all people know growing up and looking forward to.

If you tell us not to care about all the government handouts and you yourself are benefiting from them, how's your opinion valid? If I advocate for legalizing all drugs and it turns out that I'm a drug dealer, would anyone take my opinion seriously?

Last edited by Bklynball; 06-20-2021 at 06:00 PM..

Old 06-20-2021, 05:52 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Didnt Soros get rich for pointing nazi's in the direction of his own people, jews?
No he got rich making a big gamble that the British Pound would crash and he made billions.

As a child in Hungary, he avoided the nazis by pretending he was Christian, and he voluntarily joined nazi patrols that went around confiscating property from Jews. Later in life he told 60 minutes all this and that all these years later he does not regret what he did

Old 06-20-2021, 05:52 PM

Quote:
It's not what you're doing, its how you do it
The truth isn't comfortable/convenient?

Old 06-20-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
No one's worrying about anything. How would anyone know you had an ML apartment it you didn't constantly announce it? If you had any dignity you'd just keep it quite. All an ML apartment shows is that you make below a certain income threshold and that you plan to for the rest of your life. You're stuck where you are. A nuclear bomb could explode by your ML complex and if your apartment is still standing, you wouldn't go anywhere. That's why you pretend to be nonchalant about all the nonesense.

You advised me to apply for an ML apartment sometime back. In your world, most people probably live on some sort of government handout. That's all people know growing up and looking forward to.

If you tell us not to care about all the government handouts and you yourself are benefiting from them, how's your opinion valid? If I advocate for legalizing all drugs and it turns out that I'm a drug dealer, would anyone take my opinion seriously?
You're coming at me for free? Ha. And you worried about who's paying for what.

Old 06-20-2021, 06:42 PM

Quote:
You're coming at me for free? Ha. And you worried about who's paying for what.
Your act's old. Just be honest up front. You try to play gotcha games and keep on taking L's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: