Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 09:50 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
So they voted for a complete Racist but that’s okay ?
Ha !

http://gothamist.com/news/brooklyn-b...s-go-back-ohio

“Last one out of NYC turn off the lights “

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQMSXEa4hdE

^^^ this is the video

January 20, 2020

6:28 (in video)

Adams told the crowd at an event hosted by civil rights organization the National Action Network:
(last paragraph was the controversial part ending the speech)

It's a crises that our grandmothers
that were here in this city for years no
longer couldn't could afford to be here
and some crises that over a hundred
thousand young people are homeless 85
percent of persons of color 400,000 are
homeless families that is a crises but
we have to talk about it and that is
what this is about right now not
allowing other people to define and
treat you differently you matter
that's when Andy's about that's why I
sign
to be on this board that is why I stood
with this family that is why we will
continue to fight together. That is who I
am and I'm unapologetic
and you know the spirit and energy of
Dr. King he did not allow others to be
comfortable while everyone else was
living in horrific conditions. If you are
uncomfortable with raising these issues
that you just have to get over it because you
are not to enjoy it the city and watch
the displacement of the people who made
this city. You were waking up to gunshots
and not alarm clocks and you stayed.
You were here before Starbucks you were here before
others came and decided they wanted to
be part of it this is the city . Folks were
not only hijacking your apartments and
displacing your living arrangements they
displace your conversations and said the
things that are important to you are no
longer important and they decide what's
important and what's not important.

Go back to Iowa you go back to Ohio.
New York City belongs to the people that was
there and made New York City what it is
And I know I'm a New Yorker. I protected this city.
I have a right to put my voice in how the
city should run
Thank You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgUtIVRMh5I

His post-commentary

The NY Post endorsed him, apparently didn't think this 2020 quote was a big deal

Last edited by jonbenson; 06-22-2021 at 10:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 05:08 AM

19,040 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Damn. I wanted you guys to vote for Mya Wiley so badly.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-23-2021, 06:24 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times
My best bet is for former president trump. Please keep your nose out of nyc mayoral race. And do not back sliwa or Erica Adams. It will be a kiss of death for either candidate. The big issue is crime. The white liberals and woke black academics who tweet from their MacBook and iPhones live in very safe affluent nyc neighborhoods in gentry areas. Having a strong police presence allows you to tweet in safety. Sure you can't say defund the police from your condo while hearing gunshots across the street form ingresol projects in Brooklyn.

Old 06-23-2021, 06:36 AM

2,982 posts, read 1,165,820 times
NYC never learns there was barely anyone at the polls the poll workers told me it been lite all day!!

Old 06-23-2021, 07:50 AM

1,399 posts, read 891,580 times
Big surprise Yang being unpopular in real life when you'd think he's the earth's savior from all the social media folks foaming at the mouth about him. And yet another big surprise is 10%(?) of NYC voting.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:49 AM

3,135 posts, read 2,729,934 times
For a primary, even one that effectively determines the general, that's a lot.

I think most of the Yang and Stringer and then (next round) Garcia votes will go to Wiley (or Yang, Stringer, Wiley votes to Garcia if she moves into second in the second round), as Adams is an ideological outlier, but, honestly, who even knows. Even putting aside our lack of experience with RCV, you have to be extra-motivated to vote in a primary, and that necessarily means a significant portion of loons and cranks who might have voted any-which-way.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:59 AM

1,046 posts, read 469,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
For a primary, even one that effectively determines the general, that's a lot.

I think most of the Yang and Stringer and then (next round) Garcia votes will go to Wiley (or Yang, Stringer, Wiley votes to Garcia if she moves into second in the second round), as Adams is an ideological outlier, but, honestly, who even knows. Even putting aside our lack of experience with RCV, you have to be extra-motivated to vote in a primary, and that necessarily means a significant portion of loons and cranks who might have voted any-which-way.
I read somewhere that Garcia is expected to do well with absentee voters which seem to be primarily coming from Manhattan.

But really there's no way to tell until all those votes are in and the rounds are done. I'd say it's Adams to lose at this point but I wouldn't put money on it either.

BTW, I'm still laughing that Sliwa thinks having Giuliani on stage with him last night and spending half his acceptance speech preaching about no-kill shelters and his 15 cats in his 300 sq. ft. apartment is somehow going to help him. He's a clown.

Old 06-23-2021, 09:04 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,462 times
Miley is soros backed. I wouldn’t be surprised if he also had a part in determining to go with RCV. Imagine if thousands of absentee ballots come in for Wiley or if enough non Adams votes come in to consolidate her to get ahead of Adams.

This whole election is fishy.

Old 06-23-2021, 09:08 AM

1,046 posts, read 469,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
Miley is soros backed. I wouldn’t be surprised if he also had a part in determining to go with RCV. Imagine if thousands of absentee ballots come in for Wiley or if enough non Adams votes come in to consolidate her to get ahead of Adams.

This whole election is fishy.
What do you think happens with absentee ballots? You still have to register to vote, you still have to request the ballot. You have to sign the ballot. If something is wrong with your ballot you have to cure it.

They sent me my ballot and I accidentally threw it away when tossing my garbage so I had to contact the board of elections for a replacement that was stamped with a big old "SECOND BALLOT" and then I forgot to sign the envelope and I got a cure letter that I had to sign and send via mail.

You don't just willy nilly get a blank ballot and send it off. It's barcoded and tied to your name and voter registration.

Old 06-23-2021, 09:25 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
What do you think happens with absentee ballots? You still have to register to vote, you still have to request the ballot. You have to sign the ballot. If something is wrong with your ballot you have to cure it.

They sent me my ballot and I accidentally threw it away when tossing my garbage so I had to contact the board of elections for a replacement that was stamped with a big old "SECOND BALLOT" and then I forgot to sign the envelope and I got a cure letter that I had to sign and send via mail.

You don't just willy nilly get a blank ballot and send it off. It's barcoded and tied to your name and voter registration.
We’ll have to see how the 2nd choices play out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City