Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 09:34 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,234,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
It's not a throwback. "Back in the day" the guys delivering the milk , meat , and fruit carts were the owners of their own/family businesses.

Nowadays, it's low wage /barely surviving workers delivering to upper middle class and up snobs. The current arrangement is entirely disjointed. When I go to Whole Foods, the vast majority of the instacart/whatever delivery service workers are black or Hispanic. Do you think most of the people they're delivering to are black/Hispanic? Same goes for most Amazon delivery workers. Seamless, GrubHub, etc.

I'm far from a liberal but even I think this is entirely ****ed up. The same "progressives* that pretend to care about " people of color" just use the **** out of them to live pampered lives.
What's messed up about it?
Wpukd you prefer these people not be working?

I rarely even use these services but no you don't have to be an upper class snob to use them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 12:36 AM

3,130 posts, read 2,722,900 times
”I'd prefer someone my wiping my ass after I take a ****. Maybe we should get an app for that?”

It already exists; it's called Grindr.

Old 06-26-2021, 06:12 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,878,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Sounds like you're projecting your crappy job and lifestyle on the rest of us. Sorry to break the news, but many of us lead lives that dont revolve around antidepressants.
I don't take antidepressants, I get paid well enough to eat all organic. Now who is stretching

Old 06-26-2021, 12:42 PM

1,046 posts, read 468,337 times
Quote:
It's not a throwback. "Back in the day" the guys delivering the milk , meat , and fruit carts were the owners of their own/family businesses.

Nowadays, it's low wage /barely surviving workers delivering to upper middle class and up snobs. The current arrangement is entirely disjointed. When I go to Whole Foods, the vast majority of the instacart/whatever delivery service workers are black or Hispanic. Do you think most of the people they're delivering to are black/Hispanic? Same goes for most Amazon delivery workers. Seamless, GrubHub, etc.

I'm far from a liberal but even I think this is entirely ****ed up. The same "progressives* that pretend to care about " people of color" just use the **** out of them to live pampered lives.
By your logic we should not have the convenience of running water indoors because it would require hiring a plumber to install or maintain. Or is it okay to create jobs for majority white folks so they're employed and not living off the government?

Old 06-27-2021, 04:25 AM

115 posts, read 57,414 times
I don't drink at all, so had no idea that this was a thing until my neighbor mentioned how angry her co-workers were.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:13 AM

1,034 posts, read 445,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
By your logic we should not have the convenience of running water indoors because it would require hiring a plumber to install or maintain. Or is it okay to create jobs for majority white folks so they're employed and not living off the government?
Firstly, indoor plumbing was created for sanitary and public health reasons.

Secondly, plumbers have and do make a very good living and you don't hear them complaining how they're abused.

The entire app delivery profession is abusive. It's low wage work where the lower class caters to the upper class.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:15 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,600,720 times
Quote:

Plenty of black and Hispanic people have food delivered. You are what is wrong with society. Statements like that is what holds people back.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:21 AM

1,034 posts, read 445,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Plenty of black and Hispanic people have food delivered. You are what is wrong with society. Statements like that is what holds people back.
"Plenty".

If we had access to internal data at Instacart, Seamless, Uber eats, GrubHub, etc. You'd be very surprised.

Let's not hold people back. Let's create an app where you can summon someone to wipe your ass for you after you take a dump.

Food delivery. Grocery delivery. Dog walking. Laundry services. Furniture assembly. Cleaning services.

I'm the famous worlds of our president. "C'mon, man".

Old 06-27-2021, 08:26 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,600,720 times
Quote:
"Plenty".

If we had access to internal data at Instacart, Seamless, Uber eats, GrubHub, etc. You'd be very surprised.

Let's not hold people back. Let's create an app where you can summon someone to wipe your ass for you after you take a dump.

Food delivery. Grocery delivery. Dog walking. Laundry services. Furniture assembly. Cleaning services.

I'm the famous worlds of our president. "C'mon, man".
Please my building is all Hispanic and Black and yes they order for delivery
Are you naive or ignorant

Seems like you are jealous of what others have or could have. Work on yourself man. Jealousy is a wasted emotion.

Last edited by 90sSitcom; 06-27-2021 at 09:36 AM..

Old 06-27-2021, 09:06 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:

I'm old enough to have grown up with milk actually being delivered. One of my neighbors was a milk deliveryman. He didn't own the dairy. The dairy hired people to deliver milk.

It's not just upper middle class people getting delivery. Is that supposed to be a joke? All types of people have been getting delivery during this pandemic. My friend lives on Social Security and gets her wine delivered to her house. I expect a lot of this will continue after COVID is gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: