Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2021, 06:16 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times

Advertisements

NYC friggin rules, PERIOD.

And not all of New York is a liberal S-hole. You'll be surprised how many New Yorkers whom are actually conservative, moderate, centrist, libertarian etc. Not everyone is a looney tune far leftist white hating liberal. My conservative counter parts tend to have this stupid idea that NYC is a liberal cesspool. Yes, the policies are trash with DeBozo in place, crime has been spiraling out of control and NYC has certainly seen better days. At the same time, NYC is one of the best cities in the world, PERIOD. POINT. BLANK. PERIOD. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

And I say this as someone who's been to several different cities around the world and my absolute favorite city being Tokyo. I say this as someone who needs to get away from NYC because it can be overwhelming and too much for me. I most definitely have criticisms of this city but with all its flaws--and even though I can hate it sometimes--NYC is still one of the best and most dynamic cities in the world. Period. Whether you love NYC or hate NYC there's NO WAY you can be bored in this city. There's always something to do, always something going on, always something to see. You can take the train from the last stop on the A in Inwood (Manhattan) or the last stop on the D in Norwood (Bronx) and be in Rockaway or Coney Island beaches (respectively). Be on ACTUAL beaches on the Atlantic ocean.

You can sit on the 7 train and see every ethnicity come and go at every stop. You can take transit system to just about any attraction or hidden gem. Want to get out of the city without a car? Take the NJ Transit, Amtrak or Metro North and you don't have to take so long to be out the city. I can keep going on.

I get it, NYC isn't for everyone and its not the end all be all. It can be too big, too loud, too dirty, too extreme. Personally, I don't have any desire to live in NYC and settle down. I prefer smaller towns and a slower pace of life in terms of living. I absolutely love the upper areas of New York state which tend to lean a lot more conservative. However, I cannot deny the energy of NYC and I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way. Not all of NYC is a "*******" city

Old 06-28-2021, 06:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
NYC friggin rules, PERIOD.

And not all of New York is a liberal S-hole. You'll be surprised how many New Yorkers whom are actually conservative, moderate, centrist, libertarian etc. Not everyone is a looney tune far leftist white hating liberal. My conservative counter parts tend to have this stupid idea that NYC is a liberal cesspool. Yes, the policies are trash with DeBozo in place, crime has been spiraling out of control and NYC has certainly seen better days. At the same time, NYC is one of the best cities in the world, PERIOD. POINT. BLANK. PERIOD. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

And I say this as someone who's been to several different cities around the world and my absolute favorite city being Tokyo. I say this as someone who needs to get away from NYC because it can be overwhelming and too much for me. I most definitely have criticisms of this city but with all its flaws--and even though I can hate it sometimes--NYC is still one of the best and most dynamic cities in the world. Period. Whether you love NYC or hate NYC there's NO WAY you can be bored in this city. There's always something to do, always something going on, always something to see. You can take the train from the last stop on the A in Inwood (Manhattan) or the last stop on the D in Norwood (Bronx) and be in Rockaway or Coney Island beaches (respectively). Be on ACTUAL beaches on the Atlantic ocean.

You can sit on the 7 train and see every ethnicity come and go at every stop. You can take transit system to just about any attraction or hidden gem. Want to get out of the city without a car? Take the NJ Transit, Amtrak or Metro North and you don't have to take so long to be out the city. I can keep going on.

I get it, NYC isn't for everyone and its not the end all be all. It can be too big, too loud, too dirty, too extreme. Personally, I don't have any desire to live in NYC and settle down. I prefer smaller towns and a slower pace of life in terms of living. I absolutely love the upper areas of New York state which tend to lean a lot more conservative. However, I cannot deny the energy of NYC and I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way. Not all of NYC is a "*******" city
Things have changed, they have changed in a big way. This woke communist-wannabe revolution is ruining everything. Rich white progressives especially are completely indoctrinated in the church of woke and believe the wackiest absurdities and encouraging lawlessness and irrational public policy.

This is just the beginning, it's going to get so much worse

Old 06-28-2021, 06:39 AM

828 posts, read 416,564 times
Also following the Liberal plan. They had one of the highest death rates with covid.

The whole time complaining about Trumps plan.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:44 AM

104 posts, read 102,765 times
NYC is getting worse. Lived here for 25 years…. City used to celebrate its successes. Now everything is racist, and police are vilified and criminals made out to be the victims. Cost of living is pushing middle class out too. DeBlasio and progressives in state government have ruined it

Old 06-28-2021, 06:58 AM

1,399 posts, read 892,215 times
Far leftists have taken over the city. Everyone else is either silenced, canceled, fired.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:51 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Take this strange rant somewhere else.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-28-2021, 10:46 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Conservatives need to GO AWAY

Old 06-28-2021, 10:52 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Conservatives need to GO AWAY
If that ever happened mass murder would easily wipe out half the world's population and most of the other half would starve to death

Old 06-28-2021, 11:19 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
oops forgot to close it

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City