Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 05:36 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
How does Krispy Kreme compare to these other places mentioned?

Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts use low quality ingredients comparatively, hence their price might be 1/3 lower

But I will eat their donuts once in a while. I'll dip a glazed in coffee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 05:50 PM

652 posts, read 521,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
Dough, I used to live right next door to their first location in Bed-Stuy, they have now permanently closed and another doughnut store took its place (ran by the chef of Dough's first location, a pastry chef from Mexico City). So I will put the new spot on the same level (now called FanFan Doughnuts).

I've been to Peter Pan, even to Mo's (former Peter Pan employee who ended up opening his own store), they're good but in my opinion no comparison. Dougnut Plant has many flavors, but Dough and FanFan Doughnut's texture is outstanding.

Dough used to have a cheesecake doughnut (don't know if they still do I havn't had any in over 4 years) and it was banging !

They opened many other locations over time and I just noticed today one off Ditmars Boulevard. Their prices kept going up every 6 months on average. Not sure whether they still do or not but they used to supply their doughnuts to local cafes. they used to be $2.95 a piece ten years ago.

The founder (a Frenchman) is a pure douche bag though, and known for it, which caused amongst other things the dispute with his former Chef who now runs her own store on the same corner as the original location...but this is another issue.

Dough Doughnuts is overpriced. I like the fact that they don't just douse their goods in sugar. It taste bready and rather large. However, their doughnuts seem like something you could make on your own. I wouldn't call their doughnuts a treat and they lack variety. This is definitely not something to travel borough to borough for. If Dough is the best the city has to over as far as doughnuts then I will pass.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Dough Doughnuts is overpriced. I like the fact that they don't just douse their goods in sugar. It taste bready. Plus their doughnuts are rather large. But their doughnuts seem like something you could make on your own. I wouldn't call their doughnuts a treat. And definitely not something to travel borough to borough for. If Dough is the best the city has to over as far as doughnuts then I will pass.
Doughnut Plant is in three boroughs, see previous page. Similar to DOUGH , prices slightly lower but some are smaller

Old 07-06-2021, 05:54 PM

I'm going out to get some Haitian Mangos, to satisfy the sweet tooth

Old 07-06-2021, 06:46 PM

870 posts, read 414,312 times
Quote:
Dough Doughnuts is overpriced. I like the fact that they don't just douse their goods in sugar. It taste bready and rather large. However, their doughnuts seem like something you could make on your own. I wouldn't call their doughnuts a treat and they lack variety. This is definitely not something to travel borough to borough for. If Dough is the best the city has to over as far as doughnuts then I will pass.
I just checked their website, the price per piece is outrageous. As I mentioned earlier, when they first opened in 2010 if I'm not mistaken, one doughnut was $2.95, and everyone already thought it was overpriced... and then came America's wealthy suburbia to colonize the neighborhood and we all know how the story ends....

Old 07-06-2021, 07:07 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
I just checked their website, the price per piece is outrageous. As I mentioned earlier, when they first opened in 2010 if I'm not mistaken, one doughnut was $2.95, and everyone already thought it was overpriced... and then came America's wealthy suburbia to colonize the neighborhood and we all know how the story ends....
It's not overpriced. You can eat one donut and break it up into two or three servings.

Old 07-06-2021, 07:14 PM

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/doug...dBmvOmi1nsrozw

Blood Orange at DOUGH

Old 07-06-2021, 07:28 PM

111 posts, read 141,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It's not overpriced. You can eat one donut and break it up into two or three servings.
Why would you want to do that? The beauty of a good donut is to eat the whole thing while it’s fresh. Not to mention the spike in sugar you’re gonna feel two or three times if you save it for later. I get the gourmet aspect but $4 for a donut is laughable.

Old 07-06-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriefOneNYC View Post
Why would you want to do that? The beauty of a good donut is to eat the whole thing while it’s fresh. Not to mention the spike in sugar you’re gonna feel two or three times if you save it for later. I get the gourmet aspect but $4 for a donut is laughable.
these donuts are 2-3 times bigger

Last edited by jonbenson; 07-06-2021 at 07:52 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 07:34 PM

111 posts, read 141,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
these doubts are 2-3 times bigger
Yeah I know but I only want one donut. Not 2 or 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City