Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 07:53 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriefOneNYC View Post
Yeah I know but I only want one donut. Not 2 or 3.
It's greed, there is no need to make them that big
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 09:59 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Don't be ridiculous. No one eats one donut. They hold up just fine in the fridge and I usually finish the entire donut in two days. The poppyseed one I usually eat in one sitting. Sooo good....

Old 07-06-2021, 11:00 PM

870 posts, read 414,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
It's not overpriced. You can eat one donut and break it up into two or three servings.
who does that?
And yes it is overpriced, dough and a glazing... it costs them 15 cents to produce if not less.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:41 PM

my father used to like these Entenmann's
They're good, although too many chemicals for my liking

Old 07-07-2021, 12:15 AM

111 posts, read 141,830 times
Quote:
Don't be ridiculous. No one eats one donut. They hold up just fine in the fridge and I usually finish the entire donut in two days. The poppyseed one I usually eat in one sitting. Sooo good....
Ridiculous? Speak for yourself. You’ve never heard of coffee and “a” donut? It’s quite enjoyable. You should try it some time.

I’ll take a sugar jelly anyday over one these $5 gutbombs.

Last edited by GriefOneNYC; 07-07-2021 at 12:51 AM..

Old 07-07-2021, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Ridiculous? Speak for yourself. You’ve never heard of coffee and “a” donut? It’s quite enjoyable. You should try it some time.

I’ll take a sugar jelly anyday over one these $5 gutbombs.
They actually make smaller filled donuts. I've had the nutella one before. Coffee is serious business. I'm a purist in that regard. My espresso, cortado or macchiato are drunk either sans sugar, or with one packet of Sugar in the Raw, max if it is a bit more acidic and tart, and not with any donut. Donuts are eaten alone or with milk. Of course I've had "a" donut (Doughnut Plant cake donuts ).

Old 07-07-2021, 05:23 AM

111 posts, read 141,830 times
Quote:
They actually make smaller filled donuts. I've had the nutella one before. Coffee is serious business. I'm a purist in that regard. My espresso, cortado or macchiato are drunk either sans sugar, or with one packet of Sugar in the Raw, max if it is a bit more acidic and tart, and not with any donut. Donuts are eaten alone or with milk. Of course I've had "a" donut (Doughnut Plant cake donuts ).
Donuts aren’t to be eaten with coffee?? C’mon, now who’s being ridiculous?

And yes doughnut plant is good but they are overpriced. That’s why Peter Pan and Donut Pub are the best in my opinion. From a donut purist standpoint they hit the sweet spot of cheap and delicious. A winning combination when it comes to donuts which is why they’ve both been around for 60+ years.

Old 07-07-2021, 04:33 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:

Sure, that makes sense. You have your preferences, and other people have theirs. However, it seemed like the disagreement was initially about value and so these donuts being pricier than others is somewhat blunted by these donuts also being 2 or 3 times larger than donuts elsewhere, so the value proposition isn't quite so bad for people who want a lot of donut at once, are happy to save some for later, and/or split it with someone close to them. I like the Dough donuts occasionally, but I usually split them with my wife or split them with friends at work or at a picnic. They are pretty good though I'm more into maple bars or a nice and airy french crueller. I haven't been able to find any of the latter that I felt were anywhere near as good as the ones in southern California.

Old 07-07-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Sure, that makes sense. You have your preferences, and other people have theirs. However, it seemed like the disagreement was initially about value and so these donuts being pricier than others is somewhat blunted by these donuts also being 2 or 3 times larger than donuts elsewhere, so the value proposition isn't quite so bad for people who want a lot of donut at once, are happy to save some for later, and/or split it with someone close to them. I like the Dough donuts occasionally, but I usually split them with my wife or split them with friends at work or at a picnic. They are pretty good though I'm more into maple bars or a nice and airy french crueller. I haven't been able to find any of the latter that I felt were anywhere near as good as the ones in southern California.
I was very pleased with the crueller I had from Daily Provisions recently.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Donuts aren’t to be eaten with coffee??.
I happen to like dunking dounuts in coffee

and a the most famous chain is called "Dunkin"

but given that I wonder what percentage of people that eat Dunkin donuts dunk the donuts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City