Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 09:07 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
In New York there's the Excelsior Pass. I am not against some form of making available some proof of vaccination.
Why, what's it to you
People still think they can control random people and everyone will act the way they want
If I had my way I'd go with the more libertarian solution. But I recognize the political reality that we are skating on the edge of another lockdown. I watched the cluster situation of March 2020 in horror and know that we need to allay people's fears somehow or we will have another shutdown.

I am not a believer in Utopian solutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 11:19 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Um what? MILLIONS of people have taken the vaccine. You're not the first one in line to get the shot. What more proof do people need that it's safe? Goodness, and I thought I was a whimp. But I took the vaccine with little hesitancy. I don't understand what people are so scared about. This is no different than any other shot you've taken in your lifetime.

And no this was not a "rushed vaccine." The only reason why vaccines take a long time is because vaccine development goes through a three-phase process, all of which are costly so they're usually done one at a time. But due to the urgency of the pandemic, more money was invested and the three phases were done simultaneously. No corners were cut with these Covid vaccines.

Goodness, didn't any of you listen to Dr. Fauci at all during these past 17 month? He's the best health expert to listen to and he's been giving clear-cut answers and advice during this pandemic that would behoove all of you to listen to.
I had a lot of respect for fauci when this first started and listened to a lot of what he said

But at this point it's clear based in how many times he's flip flopped and reading more about how he handled the aid's crisis that while he's very smart he's just another political hack

At this point I couldn't care less what he has to say

Of course this vaccine was rushed
Not to say that's a bad thing but it literally has emergency use approval-the definition of rushed

Old 07-29-2021, 11:41 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
People still think they can control random people and everyone will act the way they want
No we know already - We cannot control your insatiable desire to be at a bar smoking a joint, waiting for Brad Pitt like this is some RomCom

My policy is to live and let live - But at the same time allow everyone to experience the full consequences of their lifestyle choices and actions.

People should be given arm bands denoting risk tolerance and allowed to do whatever they want - But guess what they should be charged higher health insurance premiums and get lower priority ER admittance.

Old 07-29-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Not to say that's a bad thing but it literally has emergency use approval-the definition of rushed
Vaccine wasn't rushed. As incompetent as the government is, if anything when you do the research you'll see mRNA Vaccines were way overdue and could have helped Malaria, HIV and other illnesses.

It's the adjuvants that are questionable, but the mRNA tech makes sense.

Old 07-29-2021, 11:44 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
People should be given arm bands

Found the Nazi

Old 07-29-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Found the Nazi
Would you prefer an Orwellian collar?

Old 07-29-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I had a lot of respect for fauci when this first started and listened to a lot of what he said

But at this point it's clear based in how many times he's flip flopped and reading more about how he handled the aid's crisis that while he's very smart he's just another political hack

At this point I couldn't care less what he has to say
I believe he had to say something even though he didn't know much more than the average mere mortal. As basically a political hack his instinct is for control, even if he has to ease off the throttle every now and then.

Quote:
What were we supposed to do? Wait four years while papers were shuffled. People were dying.

Old 07-29-2021, 12:08 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,040 times
Most people would obviously rather have our society descend into a fascist government state than accept a <0.5% chance of death from the 'vid, so I say let's have at it.

Old 07-29-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
What were we supposed to do? Wait four years while papers were shuffled. People were dying.
If everyone hunkered down for 30 days and closed the borders on time we wouldn't have to rush anything. Turns out the vaccines are losing their effectiveness so we're back to square one this fall either way.

The answer is UBI and encourage long term mask wearing. A pandemic was inevitable and this won't be the last. There are over 365 different Zoonotic viruses with pandemic potential and over half of those are in China.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
If everyone hunkered down for 30 days and closed the borders on time we wouldn't have to rush anything. Turns out the vaccines are losing their effectiveness so we're back to square one this fall either way.

The answer is UBI and encourage long term mask wearing. A pandemic was inevitable and this won't be the last. There are over 365 different Zoonotic viruses with pandemic potential and over half of those are in China.
Where does the UBI come from? The way Moses and the Hebrews were fed on their way from Egypt, in the form of manna?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City