Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 03:55 PM

101 posts, read 61,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So who's moving first?

You guys think showing empathy will fix your problems.

Every week post the same stories over and over again, definition of insanity

Anybody here posted either has not written to their councilman, or doesn't even live here

But shows the utmost concern on C-D

It's so lame now

Then you blame the cook (the media) for feeding you the same soup (the stories) and you keeping going back to the same restaurant to order the same soup
I agree that the constant barrage of posts can get excessive; no dispute there. And usually I don't comment directly on these threads. However, this incident did stand out to me because a significant group of people gathered & attacked someone in an area that is apparently considered a good area in the city.

A city with 8 million+ population, of course crime will happen. It's inevitable. But situations like these in neighborhoods that aren't used to it is a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 03:59 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamboy217 View Post
I agree that the constant barrage of posts can get excessive; no dispute there. And usually I don't comment directly on these threads. However, this incident did stand out to me because a significant group of people gathered & attacked someone in an area that is apparently considered a good area in the city.

A city with 8 million+ population, of course crime will happen. It's inevitable. But situations like these in neighborhoods that aren't used to it is a problem.
I'll be concerned if it even becomes a pattern in that neighborhood, to be honest. When it does then call me

Like if thats the case why didnt we hear anything similar about this last year

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-24-2021, 04:01 PM

Scaremongers, you're just as good as the media, the only bad part is that you don't even work for them

Or maybe you do

Who knows who the hell any of you are

Leave me with the concerned citizens garbage

Half of you don't live here and the other half don't work here

Old 07-24-2021, 04:24 PM

1,034 posts, read 445,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So who's moving first?

You guys think showing empathy will fix your problems.

Every week post the same stories over and over again, definition of insanity

Anybody here posted either has not written to their councilman, or doesn't even live here

But shows the utmost concern on C-D

It's so lame now

Then you blame the cook (the media) for feeding you the same soup (the stories) and you keeping going back to the same restaurant to order the same soup
Why should the answer be to move? Most people in n NYC are regular, law abiding residents. Some guy got assaulted in a neighborhood that's known to be safe and he should move?

Why do you think the guy who's going to be mayor openly said he's in favor of stop and frisk and tougher policing ?

The directives come from the top. Writing to your councilman doesn't mean ****. What can your councilman do when the Mayor's office tells the cops to stand down and the city council removes qualified immunity (in order to make the cops stand down).

The problem is BDB and his administration. Not anyone else
Crime was worse in the 80s and 90s. If everyone followed your advice, it's never get better.

Enforcing laws and keeping things safe with 40,000 cops isn't some special request.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:36 PM

1,464 posts, read 755,856 times
Counting down the moments until he locks another thread. Complains about people not living in nyc then goes to Long Island topic to complain.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Why should the answer be to move? Most people in n NYC are regular, law abiding residents. Some guy got assaulted in a neighborhood that's known to be safe and he should move?

Why do you think the guy who's going to be mayor openly said he's in favor of stop and frisk and tougher policing ?

The directives come from the top. Writing to your councilman doesn't mean ****. What can your councilman do when the Mayor's office tells the cops to stand down and the city council removes qualified immunity (in order to make the cops stand down).

The problem is BDB and his administration. Not anyone else
Crime was worse in the 80s and 90s. If everyone followed your advice, it's never get better.

Enforcing laws and keeping things safe with 40,000 cops isn't some special request.
Not him, you and others that come on here to complain

He got assaulted, he didnt even make a username and come on here

Old 07-24-2021, 05:08 PM

1,034 posts, read 445,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Counting down the moments until he locks another thread. Complains about people not living in nyc then goes to Long Island topic to complain.
There's a group of people in NYC who don't care what happens. They're usually the ones on government benefits. NYC has the most generous welfare system (maybe SF and LA come close)in the US. If a nuclear bomb was literally dropped on NYC, they wouldn't care. Why? They don't know how to survive anywhere else on their own. So everything becomes "no big deal", " overblown", "scaremongering". Etc. As long as th government bennies come in, they don't care what happens.

Who are the ones usually "complaining"? People who are paying Ferrari prices for a KIA quality of life. lol

Last edited by Bklynball; 07-24-2021 at 05:46 PM..

Old 07-24-2021, 06:45 PM

870 posts, read 413,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamboy217 View Post
Shameful. Absolutely shameful.

I don't know much about the area. Is it known for these type of attacks? Or is it typically a quieter neighborhood?
Middle Village is a quiet, residential neighborhood mostly made up of one-family and two-family houses, and Middle and Upper-Middle class. Absolutely not a gang territory, it is very similar in every aspect to Morris Park in the Bronx or Dyker Heights in Brooklyn as a comparison.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:04 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
Middle Village is a quiet, residential neighborhood mostly made up of one-family and two-family houses, and Middle and Upper-Middle class. Absolutely not a gang territory, it is very similar in every aspect to Morris Park in the Bronx or Dyker Heights in Brooklyn as a comparison.
So exactly what us "losers who need to just shut up and take it" have been saying was coming: it's spreading.

Duh, and shrug. I got my family out at least.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-24-2021, 07:59 PM

1,418 posts, read 722,778 times
Growing up in Glendale/Middle Village and basically living there from 89 to 2018 it's very depressing to see how much worse the area has become over the years. I use to sometimes walk past midnight through the area and felt very safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City