Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 01:59 PM

103 posts, read 92,344 times

Advertisements

@popartist
Excellent recommendations.

@everyone
I wonder if there exist more like condos build on top of a bar/ where the owners didn't intent to have that design. However, due lack of space they led it slide. I am looking for heavily "mixed use" areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 06:47 PM

788 posts, read 486,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernell111 View Post
Hey guys,

I wonder what's the best neighborhood for young people in the Brooklyn and Queens. I mean where you'll find very few families. It's mostly either college students, college grads or young professionals.
Queens would be Astoria. I'd also hit up Bell Blvd in Bayside for a night out but not to live. Suburban like area.

All in all, I feel bad for anyone under 30 these days looking for NYC nightlife. Covid aside, its diminished drastically over the last 20 years. I guess part of it people hooking up on the Internet instead. I get it, but the streets used to be bustling to 6am even in 2nd rate nightlife areas like Astoria/Sunnyside/Bayside (when compared to Manhattan, of course). Diners at 4am would be packed with would be singles. It was great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City