Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 08:42 PM

63 posts, read 38,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernell111 View Post
PS: I am not trying to offend anyone, I only want to share my experience.

I noticed some of you guys find the NYC dating scene difficult. However, at least for me its the place where I had the most success. This statement is not to brag. Rather the opposite I actually did poorly in many states and a cities that are supposed to be "easy." For instance, I lived in Las Vegas for awhile, yet was mostly unsuccesful. I did get a few dates here and there. However, nothing came out of it. I also lived in some mid-sized cities in the West Coast but more or less the same experience, a few dates here and there but no continuity.

Meanwhile, in NYC I did find two solid GF's. I wanted to know a bit more about NYC to understand what was going on. I don't want to share information about myself, however, as you guys can tell from my other posts, I'm a relatively young person.
Depends on the type of New Yorkers you are referring to
Historically - NYC Women(along with any other nyc people) generally have been seen as "high strung" and/or cynical
But as with many other things over the years this has been changing
Be advised that many people moving to or currently living in NYC - particularly in the past decade or so - are transplants from out of state
And many of the first generation/native new yorkers have been moving out of state as well
This could explain the difficulty in this situation - as well as other problems that are effecting NYC and New York in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2021, 10:20 PM

323 posts, read 251,099 times
I too lived in NYC and dated quite often. I had no trouble meeting women, but honestly, the women in NYC seemed stressed out, and often times they just looked really worn out from working so much and trying to "make it" in the city.

I found the women in Chicago, Cleveland and central/south Florida to be overall more attractive and fun to date.

So the only difference I noticed was that the women, although there were a lot of them, weren't the best looking and seemed stressed out and over worked.

I mean sometimes I'd meet a really hot girl out at a lounge/restaurant/bar and we'd hook up, but it never really went further than that. The women I dated were subpar compared with women in other cities/countries that I've lived -- so I guess that would be the difference for me.

Old 07-30-2021, 10:27 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,324,732 times
NYC women are stressed out,because Big Apple eats you alive.
It is also an expensive place to live.
yes,some do make good money,but many do not.

Old 07-30-2021, 10:32 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,324,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBetrus View Post
I too lived in NYC and dated quite often. I had no trouble meeting women, but honestly, the women in NYC seemed stressed out, and often times they just looked really worn out from working so much and trying to "make it" in the city.

I found the women in Chicago, Cleveland and central/south Florida to be overall more attractive and fun to date.

So the only difference I noticed was that the women, although there were a lot of them, weren't the best looking and seemed stressed out and over worked.

I mean sometimes I'd meet a really hot girl out at a lounge/restaurant/bar and we'd hook up, but it never really went further than that. The women I dated were subpar compared with women in other cities/countries that I've lived -- so I guess that would be the difference for me.
-----------
maybe they have run into too many jerks (not you) ,some are married but claim to be single,they lie about their job and salary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: