Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 09:14 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I think you're asking the wrong question. The question should be: Why do so many women choose to live in NYC?

And the answer is: Because they're treated better here, the sexism is less here, they are less likely to be pressured to conform to stereotypes here, they are likelier to succeed here, they can be more outspoken here.
That may be true in general, but not in comparison to SF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 05:49 AM

1,969 posts, read 676,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
That may be true in general, but not in comparison to SF.
Agreed. Moreover, sexism doesn't exist in 2021 American cities.

Seeing it happen around me, the reasons are always access to what the city offers dining, entertainment, and maybe the hope of better/more exciting partners?

I've seen people more than double their commutes, increase their tax burden, move in with roommates, move into shoeboxes, and more and the reason has never been sexism.

As always, watch what people DO instead of what they SAY and you'll have your answer.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Agreed. Moreover, sexism doesn't exist in 2021 American cities.

Seeing it happen around me, the reasons are always access to what the city offers dining, entertainment, and maybe the hope of better/more exciting partners?

I've seen people more than double their commutes, increase their tax burden, move in with roommates, move into shoeboxes, and more and the reason has never been sexism.

As always, watch what people DO instead of what they SAY and you'll have your answer.
Really??

Old 08-06-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Really??
That's my contention. Can you give me a recent example? Especially Northern NJ vs NYC.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
That's my contention. Can you give me a recent example? Especially Northern NJ vs NYC.
Nope. I don't deal in generalities. The question was SF vs NYC. You can't lump together "all" cities in the US.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Nope. I don't deal in generalities. The question was SF vs NYC. You can't lump together "all" cities in the US.
"Generalities" is the opposite of what I asked. I asked for a specific and recent example.

A generality:
"a statement or principle having general rather than specific validity or force."

And you responded to me and my post about people moving from Northern NJ to NYC...

Old 08-06-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
"Generalities" is the opposite of what I asked. I asked for a specific and recent example.

A generality:
"a statement or principle having general rather than specific validity or force."

And you responded to me and my post about people moving from Northern NJ to NYC...
Wow. It usually takes longer than this..

Old 08-06-2021, 12:41 PM

874 posts, read 728,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernell111 View Post
Hey guys,

One thing, I've realized is that more women than men live in NYC. Hence, why for some guys its easier to date there.

I'm curious though why these phenomenon happens? Now that I've had the opportunity to think carefully about. There's even less eligible men than I initially thought since:

1-There's a lot of married working class men who move there to make a bit of money. That work in trade jobs like painting and repairs.
2-There's a lot of gay guys who move to NYC due to it being progressive.

I also noticed San Francisco is the exact opposite where there's tons of guys but few women.

why would anyone want to live in NYC in this day and age

you need to be injected with a vaccine to go into a deli

thats gross

out here in long island, nobody bothers us for these things....

Old 08-08-2021, 06:46 PM

5,676 posts, read 2,610,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
why would anyone want to live in NYC in this day and age

you need to be injected with a vaccine to go into a deli

thats gross

out here in long island, nobody bothers us for these things....
Why do you keep posting the same thing on every thread in the NYC forum. You love LI so much, and live there. Then go post there.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:17 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernell111 View Post
Hey guys,

One thing, I've realized is that more women than men live in NYC. Hence, why for some guys its easier to date there.

I'm curious though why these phenomenon happens? Now that I've had the opportunity to think carefully about. There's even less eligible men than I initially thought since:

1-There's a lot of married working class men who move there to make a bit of money. That work in trade jobs like painting and repairs.
2-There's a lot of gay guys who move to NYC due to it being progressive.

I also noticed San Francisco is the exact opposite where there's tons of guys but few women.
There was a woman that flew ambitious and well healed nyc women to San Francisco for speed dating. It did not work out well for them. My thing is this. The ambitious well healed nyc women need to either settle for a man less than them, or marry a top alpha who has his choice to sleep around and be shared by other women. This is a sad reality that many women do not understand and probably never will. Don't ask me. Talk to youtube Kevin Samuel's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City