Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 12:20 PM

2,315 posts, read 1,151,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Get one of those ultrasonic noise repellant machines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito

Connect it to a motion detector. Wonder if the gadget will work on an adult? Should be no legal issues if installed on your own private property. Except that it may bother innocent neighbors. I heard the 17.4 kHz tone on the wikipedia page so maybe my hearing is better than I thought. LOL! I think I can make a long mp3 of a 17.4 kHz tone in Audacity, have to try it.

$1150!! - https://www.movingsoundtech.com/stor...to-device-mk4-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 01:43 PM

2,081 posts, read 1,126,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Injure someone, possibly get arrested for assault or at the very least open yourself to a lawsuit? Brilliant answer! You get my vote for Darwin Award contender of the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Get one of those ultrasonic noise repellant machines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito

Thinking that for all the people who love the bull**** music like reggaeton out there, a little blast of ultrasound wouldn’t make a dent in their psyche.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:44 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times
A Bat always worked!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2psNbaaIBA4

Old 08-02-2021, 04:09 PM

978 posts, read 674,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
10,000 reps!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2021, 05:38 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,720 times
Better hope he doesn’t start going to the bathroom in front of your residence

Old 08-02-2021, 07:48 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,030,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Connect it to a motion detector. Wonder if the gadget will work on an adult? Should be no legal issues if installed on your own private property. Except that it may bother innocent neighbors. I heard the 17.4 kHz tone on the wikipedia page so maybe my hearing is better than I thought. LOL! I think I can make a long mp3 of a 17.4 kHz tone in Audacity, have to try it.

$1150!! - https://www.movingsoundtech.com/stor...to-device-mk4-

It actually cost less if you buy it direct from the uk manufacturer. I paid ~$700 which is still pricy.

It works. But not through walls. You can aim it from a height towards the street by mounting it on the wall. Discretion is the better part of valor so cover it up so it looks innocuous.

And yes. It works on adults too. And drives animals insane. Don't run it continuously. Only when the situation calls for it. You want the junkie to think it's happening in his own bad od.

The noise is so high pitched it can cut through the bass ghetto blaster sound systems in cars double parked in the street.

Old 08-02-2021, 07:55 PM

1,064 posts, read 545,196 times
Do you need to use the entrance?

If not, a bed of broken glass might work. Could be temporary until he stops coming around, and then sweep it up.

Old 08-03-2021, 03:55 AM

2,081 posts, read 1,126,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
Do you need to use the entrance?

If not, a bed of broken glass might work. Could be temporary until he stops coming around, and then sweep it up.

A weapon of ass destruction.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:04 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,030,467 times
Speaking of ass, op can get a can of ass spray which releases vile colon odors and spray it out the window. Alternately deer and bear urine sprays sold for hunters and available online can swap out wonderfully.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:17 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlemango View Post
Nope, this is (East) Williamsburg. Not sure what drug, something with needles. Heroin if I had to guess. Not public side walk, he literally walks down my stairs leading to the basement unit. Pretty brazen.
Sorry man, didn't you read the lease? It clearly says "You will have to contend with reckless junkies on the daily basis"

Drugs are a fact of life in Williamsburg and LES and have been probably since before your grandaddy was born. There were immigrants high on opium in the 20s. And someone was complaining about the smoke back then too.

If you don't want druggie showing up at your doorstep, move out. These are not neighborhoods for people who want peaceful quiet lives...Especially you have a basement unit, they practically think it's the perfect hideout in front of your door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City