Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 04:53 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,748,808 times

Advertisements

Damn, that’s a bit extreme lol. Girl is like a buck ten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 07:24 PM

2,328 posts, read 1,026,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Thanks for telling the truth...

I'm probably only a couple of years behind you and grew up in Flushing as well.

The only difference I would say is Chinese are not inherently racist, but the recent immigrants are just very ignorant. Older immigrants if they see you around and know you live in the area, you pay and don't cause trouble you get treated fine. Some of the more savvy mainland immigrants asked if I was from the Caribbean, I guess they have relatives there and can try to differentiate Blacks by behavior or mannerisms.

I didn't really have trouble growing up in Flushing while Black, I would say ironically most of my problems come from so called enlightened 1st and 2nd generation Asian Americans trying to hide their parents hillbilly behavior. Some of them are on this forum

My mother moved from downtown Flushing actually because she was tired of getting hit on. Again, if it's clear you live in the area and are a productive citizen, you get treated completely different. Or the other 80% of time you just get ignored like everyone else. Actually the main time I encounter racist Chinese is in Manhattan (outside of Chinatown)...

But make no mistake, you have to be the one to proactively engage and learn their culture, they defintely aren't going to do it... (Aside from a growing minority of AMBW couples, and that's because they're tired of conforming to unrealistic expectations)
I don't quite follow your logic. So b/c some people are acting like hillbillys or rude is justification for random acts of violence against all of them? If that was the case then that explains why I see Orthodox Jews get into altercations with Blacks all the time in NYC.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:52 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,072,579 times
Too many animals in NYC.

Nobody knows how to behave.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:04 PM

34,999 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comment...ht_slamming_a/

That was a WWE worthy move to make Vince McMahon proud. To be fair he also body slammed other races if you read the comments. Right idea. Wrong execution in my book. Criminals must be taught their place. Examples set. But appropriately.

For example, cops should be patrolling subway cars and stations looking for criminals.
I actually support the cop. Arresting and doing it "by the book" doesn't do a heck of a lot of good. At least that teaches a lesson.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:34 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
this is too harsh... get the mf, restrain em, put em in cuffs, and put em in the holding cell.. certain stations have em. if a lawsuit should arise, then again, NYPD deserved it.

Old 08-07-2021, 04:10 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,127,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comment...ht_slamming_a/

That was a WWE worthy move to make Vince McMahon proud. To be fair he also body slammed other races if you read the comments. Right idea. Wrong execution in my book. Criminals must be taught their place. Examples set. But appropriately.

For example, cops should be patrolling subway cars and stations looking for criminals.
I’m white and I support the Black policeman, not the white thief.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:42 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
It is annoying to see so many brazen and I mean brazen jumpers out there. Just jumping with a dumb smile plastered on their face and seeing it all as a silly game. It's grating to see them act so bold. And it's not just one or two but groups of people doing it. I've been seeing more & more cops on the platforms at certain stations as a result. Good! Because it's getting annoying (the jumpers, not the cops).

Old 08-07-2021, 10:45 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I actually support the cop. Arresting and doing it "by the book" doesn't do a heck of a lot of good. At least that teaches a lesson.
What lesson - how to get a triggered officer to give you a payday on the NYC tab?

How violence is the appropriate way to react to situations?

Seriously, what lesson?

We have a book to follow for a reason.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:51 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,127,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
What lesson - how to get a triggered officer to give you a payday on the NYC tab?

How violence is the appropriate way to react to situations?

Seriously, what lesson?

We have a book to follow for a reason.
The lesson for "Subway Karen" is that there's a price to pay if she steals again.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:54 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
The lesson for "Subway Karen" is that there's a price to pay if she steals again.
You really dont realize that the right attorney can get her millions, do you?

Sure she jumped a turnstyle. Who among you would want to be body slammed on concrete for that 'crime'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City