Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 05:33 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfood View Post
Did you read the article that you posted?
Yes. And?

Old 08-04-2021, 06:19 AM

34,016 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Waaah I can't eat shrimp in front of other people I don't know

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-04-2021, 07:25 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Waaah I can't eat shrimp in front of other people I don't know

That is a good point. Eating out, while something that can present a good opportunity with friends and loved ones, isn't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things/socially, though this mess still threatens to ruin businesses.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:34 AM

5,804 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

That is a good point. Eating out, while something that can present a good opportunity with friends and loved ones, isn't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things/socially, though this mess still threatens to ruin businesses.
Right? God forbid people learn how to cook and have a table set for friends at home, with music, wine and a meaningful conversations. But nah...thats impossible with 4 roommates and a blank personality.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:36 AM

34,016 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

Throughout life you must adapt (thats why we're humans, we can adapt better than any species on this planet), aint no sense crying about things that you have no control over, I might as well get upset every time it rains or snows

Ppl need to get over themselves

Like a bunch of overgrown babies in diapers

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-04-2021, 07:42 AM

1,046 posts, read 468,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Yet. The people who said we’d have vaccine passes were mocked (and I’ll admit to partaking in that mocking).

I am certain, you’ll champion welding people into their homes as soon as a politician says it.

Just following orders. Right?
Do you accept the consequence that if you drive drunk you are making a choice and endangering public safety and as a result you will be arrested?

If so, there's your answer.

Accept the consequence or don't. You made your choice.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:56 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Assume the rules are the same for everyone: you must be vaccinated to eat in restaurants. Applies equally to all races. However, in practice, blacks have a lower vaccination rate than whites, so the effect of the regulation is not equal across races: more blacks are excluded from restaurants than whites. Whites have more and better access to restaurants.

Is this Equity or Equality?
Wait, the obvious libs on here have been blaming conservatives for not getting the vax. All of these blacks and latinos are conservative? So conservatives are getting shut out of dining? This is hard to keep up with.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:17 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Up-to-date studies, not based on anyone's traumatic personal experiences, are showing a certain percentage of people to be impervious to COVID. For whatever reason, they are not showing susceptibility to the virus.

Then, there are those that, through their illness, are showing prolonged natural immunity through quantitive and qualitive testing.
No need to downplay his experience.

Don't roll the dice to figure out if you will be the unlucky one that needs a double lung transplant.

The whole natural immunity argument is like saying hey "you should drink more alcohol more regularly so you build up tolerance and become resistant to hangovers"

Old 08-04-2021, 12:14 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Do you accept the consequence that if you drive drunk you are making a choice and endangering public safety and as a result you will be arrested?

If so, there's your answer.

Accept the consequence or don't. You made your choice.
Well there’s always the argument that if you’re drunk you’re drunk. Are you automatically assuming everyone that isn’t vaccinated has Covid??

Why did they allow indoor dining before there was a vaccine then? I know it was limited capacity but I sat in a restaurant with other people and gasp! We were all unvaccinated.

This is all about control now. You can’t convince me otherwise. This ******* mayor was telling everyone to go to Chinatown to celebrate Chinese New Year during the first outbreak.

Old 08-04-2021, 12:44 PM

1,055 posts, read 546,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
This is all about control now. You can’t convince me otherwise. This ******* mayor was telling everyone to go to Chinatown to celebrate Chinese New Year during the first outbreak.
People stopped going to restaurants on Eighth Avenue in Brooklyn and the local politicians were out there with the owners, doing the same and insinuating that it was racist to avoid these establishments. I've passed these places in the daytime and they are full of Chinese people, so if anyone was avoiding them it was their own people!

Last edited by Dehumidifier; 08-04-2021 at 02:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City