Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 03:21 PM

874 posts, read 728,539 times

Advertisements

billionaires row? inside a building?

how is living in a building luxurious? if you have sex to loud everyone can hear

maybe if they are up in a penthouse but still, your living and seeing all these people daily.

get out of the city while you still can, dont inject yourself with a vaccine just to go into a store.

what billionaire would want to risk their life injecting themselves with a vaccine, just to function is society?

the city is for, those who have been forced vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 03:28 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,029,172 times
https://www.waterfall-gallery.com/storyofwaterfall

Life of a rich girl and inherited wealth.

Now she wants to sell it.

https://robbreport.com/shelter/homes...rt-1234624107/

Edit - she doesn't live there - it was turned into a museum.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:35 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,286,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
billionaires row? inside a building?

how is living in a building luxurious? if you have sex to loud everyone can hear

maybe if they are up in a penthouse but still, your living and seeing all these people daily.

get out of the city while you still can, dont inject yourself with a vaccine just to go into a store.

what billionaire would want to risk their life injecting themselves with a vaccine, just to function is society?

the city is for, those who have been forced vaccinated.
Often you don't, as the elevator takes you straight to your apartment, so you can definitely be in an apartment building and not have to interact with your neighbors.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:01 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Often you don't, as the elevator takes you straight to your apartment, so you can definitely be in an apartment building and not have to interact with your neighbors.
Yep. I know people who live in lofts and penthouses who have their own private elevator that opens up right into to their apt. so .... But then I'm thinking if it's going to be like that, why don't you just live in a townhouse or a house. Maybe they don't want to deal with the upkeep that's involved. Reminds me of a prior thread that asked would you rather live in a penthouse or in a brownstone. I'd like...both! lol.

And some people do have.... both!

Old 08-06-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yep. I know people who live in lofts and penthouses who have their own private elevator that opens up right into to their apt. so .... But then I'm thinking if it's going to be like that, why don't you just live in a townhouse or a house. Maybe they don't want to deal with the upkeep that's involved. Reminds me of a prior thread that asked would you rather live in a penthouse or in a brownstone. I'd like...both! lol.

Because some people want to have privacy while still having amenities and exclusivity. My boss lives in a penthouse on the Upper East. Like most people with money, the rich usually have an actual house "in the country" or the Hamptons or elsewhere, and they stay in the City during the week for "City living", then escape to their weekend home. That is exactly what my boss does. Aside from that, there is usually another vacation home elsewhere, so the notion that these people are living in such terrible conditions is comical. They like to live like normal people in some cases, but they are not that normal. My boss has "help" for the apartment, and "help" for the weekend house. Recently bought a "smaller" house to "downsize" but it's still quite expansive.

These people usually don't cook either, unless they actually want to, so that's another reason they like City living, as they have all of the restaurants they like to frequent at their doorstep, or they have a personal chef that cooks. It is part of the socializing scene that they do.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:44 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
There's also some semantics at play here. By 44% "Dark" they mean 44% unsold

I would consider much of the the 56% sold units to also be dark. Most were bought as investment properties or "real estate bank deposit accounts"

Of those buildings, maybe 25% of units are owned and resided in, if that (probably more like 5% during COVID, just talk to the doorman people)
*Thank YOU!*

Dark, vacant or whatever does not automatically translate into unsold or otherwise owned units.

Yes, the GD units are largely "dark" on BR buildings, what does anyone expect when majority are owned by foreign nationals or otherwise second, third, fourth or whatever homes of ultra rich?

Old 08-06-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Because some people want to have privacy while still having amenities and exclusivity. My boss lives in a penthouse on the Upper East. Like most people with money, the rich usually have an actual house "in the country" or the Hamptons or elsewhere, and they stay in the City during the week for "City living", then escape to their weekend home. That is exactly what my boss does. Aside from that, there is usually another vacation home elsewhere, so the notion that these people are living in such terrible conditions is comical. They like to live like normal people in some cases, but they are not that normal. My boss has "help" for the apartment, and "help" for the weekend house. Recently bought a "smaller" house to "downsize" but it's still quite expansive.

These people usually don't cook either, unless they actually want to, so that's another reason they like City living, as they have all of the restaurants they like to frequent at their doorstep, or they have a personal chef that cooks. It is part of the socializing scene that they do.
You just described my boss to a T. Do we have the same boss? lol. Except, his wife still cooks homemade meals. If I had all the money in the world, I would still cook. Restaurant food (while good if it's from a stellar, top tier restaurant) gets tiresome after awhile. Nothing beats good home cooking.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:46 PM

15,841 posts, read 14,472,390 times
Because you don't get this kind of view from a townhouse...

https://www.432parkavenue.com/views/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post

Old 08-06-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
*Thank YOU!*

Dark, vacant or whatever does not automatically translate into unsold or otherwise owned units.

Yes, the GD units are largely "dark" on BR buildings, what does anyone expect when majority are owned by foreign nationals or otherwise second, third, fourth or whatever homes of ultra rich?
Most of these units are just being used a "pied-à-terre" apartments, which is also comical, as they are anything but "pied-à-terre" apartments, at least in terms of size anyway.

There is a point here though in that since these types of apartments are normally used as "investments", it has definitely been noted that on the high-end luxury side of things, there is a glut of property, and that's been the case well before the pandemic. The developers have been pushing to constantly set higher and higher records. You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Old 08-06-2021, 04:52 PM

lol. Good point. That is a good view. But then I'm thinking... fire! Power outage. No. I wouldn't want to be all that high up in the sky. I still recall events at Windows on the World in the prior World Trade Ctr. And while fantastic (if you could get used to the swaying), nah. It's a tad bit too dizzying for my tastes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City