Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 12:24 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,698 times

Advertisements

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/12/n...imes&smtyp=cur

One of the money shots:

Quote:
“I’m supposed to worry about getting sick when I go outside, versus getting killed by a cop or something like that?” said Jayson Clemons, 41, the construction site safety manager from Queens. After years of trying to be careful not to give the police a reason to stop him — avoiding cars with window tint or rims, and making sure when commuting that his attire clearly marked him as a construction worker — he said he refused to be preoccupied by Covid-19.
NYT, for the last 5 years: "Every American institution has always been horribly racist, and racism is only getting worse!"

Also NYT: "Hey, black people, why don't you trust the vaccine every institution is telling you to get?"

Quote:
or better or worse, many skeptics decided to do their own research before deciding whether to get the jab.

"I’m out of compliance," said Ms. Shavuo-Goodwin, who is Black and lives in the South Bronx.

"I have done heaps of research looking for things that would make me confident and comfortable getting the vaccine, but honestly I haven’t."
Ms. Shavuo-Goodwin must have been spending a lot of time watching Newsmax!

Old 08-13-2021, 12:25 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,490,056 times
Anybody choosing not to get the vaccine at this point is just plain stupid, regardless of their "reason" or race.

If you don't get the vaccine and get sick, you shouldn't be able to seek medical care when it ultimately catches up to you. Live with your "freedom".

Old 08-13-2021, 12:33 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Anybody choosing not to get the vaccine at this point is just plain stupid, regardless of their "reason" or race.

If you don't get the vaccine and get sick, you shouldn't be able to seek medical care when it ultimately catches up to you. Live with your "freedom".
What a stupid statement. I'm vaccinated, but I wouldn't DARE call someone else "stupid". You don't know if people have medical issues or have had bad experiences going to doctors. Ever watch American Greed with all of the malpractice cases? I think everyone needs to do what works for them.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:45 PM

978 posts, read 675,432 times
Shootings 65
Rape131
Murder 33
For the month of June in NYC
Less than 200 covid deaths in nyc in June 2020

I’d say you are far more likely to be a victim of violent crime in nyc than dying of covid.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:47 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
What a stupid statement. I'm vaccinated, but I wouldn't DARE call someone else "stupid". You don't know if people have medical issues or have had bad experiences going to doctors. Ever watch American Greed with all of the malpractice cases? I think everyone needs to do what works for them.
Amen.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:55 PM

978 posts, read 675,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post

Based on that logic you present, “ if so = therefore “

If you don’t stop _______ (smoking, drinking,McD’s,diet Coke’s , unsafe sex, etc etc) you shouldn’t be able to seek medical care when it ultimately catches up to you. Live with your freedom.

See how that works?

Stupid? Based on what? I’ve been working around others in the pit of covid land from the beginning. Shouldn’t I have gotten sick or died from the virus yet? Could it be my body has built up its immune system? I don’t know? I do know that I rarely get sick, never took a flu shot before and am not planning to either. I live relatively healthy.

Interestingly China has some of the strictest covid laws (can’t call em guidelines there) and yet they are still struggling with out breaks.

Israel is having serious issues and discovering medical side issues.

Delta variant doesn’t care if you are vaccinated or not. You can still carry it.
Why on earth would we only be testing unvaccinated?
Vaxd or not you can still carry and re catch it.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:21 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times
Sadly, it's a macho thing. I live in Harlem and overhear conversations between young black men all the time. "Hell no I ain't getting that ****. You hear Tyler got the shot and his arm hurt like hell. I gotta hit up the gym, keep it tight."

Old 08-13-2021, 01:22 PM

874 posts, read 728,875 times
and now they wont be allowed in anywhere, because they are black and vaccinated.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:26 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
and now they wont be allowed in anywhere, because they are black and vaccinated.
Wait until the police are called and someone videos them dragging a POC out of a restaurant. Either the policy will change officially, or two sets of rules as restaurants will quietly stop asking certain people for proof of vaccination.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:40 PM

1,064 posts, read 545,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
Shootings 65
Rape131
Murder 33
For the month of June in NYC
Less than 200 covid deaths in nyc in June 2020

I’d say you are far more likely to be a victim of violent crime in nyc than dying of covid.
I don't understnd why some people are so focused on the "dying" part of getting Covid. Haven't you seen the list of serious, life-changing conditions you can get stuck with for life after Covid?

I've never been afraid of dying from Covid. I'm afraid of living with long Covid, blood clots, kidney problems, slower brain, etc. No thanks.

Also the thought process of some of the black people thinking that they are being pushed to get it so it must be bad for you - maybe they haven't seen that every white/rich zip code in in NYC and probably the country is almost 100% vaccinated. Do the math. If white/rich people are lining up to get it, do black people think they'd be getting some sort of inferior, alternate version of it? It doesn't make sense not to get it for that reason, that it's somehow being pushed on them in a racist way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: