Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 07:16 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,194 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here fear an uptick in potential terrorist attacks now that the country the USA has been supporting for 20 years is on the verge of collapse to the Taliban? On the 20th anniversary of 9/11 no less!

Trillions of dollars spent and tens of thousands of casualties on both sides - the Afghan people have spoken - they would rather live in a medieval Islamic society than the 21st century. I don't have any problem with that as they were in power before 9/11. However, the Taliban have turned their country into a base for global jihad (and before I get any indignant answers from Muslims on this board about how Jihad means "peaceful struggle" and yours is a "religion of peace" the Taliban have a long history of known associations with various radical, armed groups) and this could mean NYC is a target again.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:29 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Inflation is hitting the USA. War makes a LOT of $$$$$...

America...Fack YEAH!!!!!

Old 08-16-2021, 07:31 AM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
One of the best movies ever

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-16-2021, 07:48 AM

The hair on that man in a turban is inaccurate - there's not enough!

Old 08-16-2021, 07:55 AM

154 posts, read 116,198 times
Not normally an advocate for sequels but man this needs one. Probably won't happen, especially now that 14 South Park movies are coming down the pike.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:12 AM

1,046 posts, read 469,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Does anyone here fear an uptick in potential terrorist attacks now that the country the USA has been supporting for 20 years is on the verge of collapse to the Taliban? On the 20th anniversary of 9/11 no less!

Trillions of dollars spent and tens of thousands of casualties on both sides - the Afghan people have spoken - they would rather live in a medieval Islamic society than the 21st century. I don't have any problem with that as they were in power before 9/11. However, the Taliban have turned their country into a base for global jihad (and before I get any indignant answers from Muslims on this board about how Jihad means "peaceful struggle" and yours is a "religion of peace" the Taliban have a long history of known associations with various radical, armed groups) and this could mean NYC is a target again.
Kabul was actually a very modern city until the Soviet Union invaded it, so I think your characterization that the Afghan people have "spoken" is misleading. They've gone from being occupied, civil war to being occupied and now abandoned.

It was time for us to exit, should have never been there to start with, thanks to Bush/Cheney's war machine and defense contractors though, we invaded an entire country to capture Bin Laden and then never left for over 20 years and now we've handed them our own weapons of war to fight back with.

Though the way some of y'all want a civil war here because you can't get a steak without a vaccine, I'd think you'd welcome more terrorist attacks after Jan. 6th, because my freedoms above all else, right? So does it make a difference if it's foreign brown folks or Joe Schmoe from down the street taking matters into their own hands?

Old 08-16-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Kabul was actually a very modern city until the Soviet Union invaded it, so I think your characterization that the Afghan people have "spoken" is misleading. They've gone from being occupied, civil war to being occupied and now abandoned.

It was time for us to exit, should have never been there to start with, thanks to Bush/Cheney's war machine and defense contractors though, we invaded an entire country to capture Bin Laden and then never left for over 20 years and now we've handed them our own weapons of war to fight back with.

Though the way some of y'all want a civil war here because you can't get a steak without a vaccine, I'd think you'd welcome more terrorist attacks after Jan. 6th, because my freedoms above all else, right? So does it make a difference if it's foreign brown folks or Joe Schmoe from down the street taking matters into their own hands?
Kabul is just one city and the capital. ONE WEEK AGO the Taliban controlled none of the provincial capitals. Today they control ALL of them including the capital. And they did all of this while barely firing a shot. The Afghan National Army just melted away like the ARVN in South Vietnam 1975. There was barely any support for the national government outside the capital. What is worse is that a large part of the national army and police had been infiltrated by the Taliban years ago. So, all these men had to do was change out of their uniforms on their days off. They would not have been able to do any of this unless they had the support of the surrounding population.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:51 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Wrong forum

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: