Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 10:32 AM

3,488 posts, read 1,407,700 times

Advertisements

I'm a guy and looking to permanently remove some body hair. I live in the NYC area, mainly Queens but can easily get to Manhattan as well. So is there any place in the NYC area (mainly in Queens or Manhattan) that is reputable and can do laser hair removal on men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 12:45 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,954,113 times
I'm serious.... Just look for reviews of places where gays and trannies go. Those hair removal places have high percentage of male clientele (who make up a bulk of their business from that sex), so you should get some insight as to who is good or whatever.

There used to be a good number of hair removal places catering to males or at least advertising as male friendly in gay areas of city (UWS, Chelsea, West Village, etc...) so you may try looking around there as well. Parts of Queens have a large LGBT presence as well now.

Reason why bring this up is many places or private individuals aren't comfortable working on men. Your average laser or waxing place part of an Asian nail salon or spa cannot obviously discriminate up front, but the females who perform service may balk.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:55 PM

596 posts, read 252,741 times
Go see a professional and ask your primary doctor for referrals, not on a boomer forum lol

I say that because many laser shops in the city that have "bogus" certifications are not liable for damages nor can they properly take care of any ill side effects. They are NOT doctors. Becoming a technician can take 1-2 weeks. Many of these shops have people working in them with just 1 week of experience revolving door due to low pay. Why take a risk on cosmetic surgery when the risk of injury can be permanent? Talk to a qualified dermatologist associated with iunno Columbia/ NYU/ Mount Sinai and pay the premium.

It's your body.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:57 PM

596 posts, read 252,741 times
er wtf are u talking about many laser hair removal shops operate on men oO
last I checked its experiencing a boom

anyway I got it done on my neck/beard area Ingrown hair is annoying to deal with

Old 08-24-2021, 01:07 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,488,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
I'm serious.... Just look for reviews of places where gays and trannies go. Those hair removal places have high percentage of male clientele (who make up a bulk of their business from that sex), so you should get some insight as to who is good or whatever.

There used to be a good number of hair removal places catering to males or at least advertising as male friendly in gay areas of city (UWS, Chelsea, West Village, etc...) so you may try looking around there as well. Parts of Queens have a large LGBT presence as well now.

Reason why bring this up is many places or private individuals aren't comfortable working on men. Your average laser or waxing place part of an Asian nail salon or spa cannot obviously discriminate up front, but the females who perform service may balk.
Basically, yeah.

Satori Laser Hair Removal on the Upper West Side did my whole back, as well as some spots on my boyfriend. We were satisfied with them.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:42 PM

6,684 posts, read 6,027,847 times
What difference does it make if it’s for men or women? One of my good friends has a laser hair removal and skin spa and she treats both men and women.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:03 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,954,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
What difference does it make if it’s for men or women? One of my good friends has a laser hair removal and skin spa and she treats both men and women.
For legs, back, arms etc.. don't think that many females doing hair removal object. It's behind, "bikini" and or other intimate areas of men some take objection.

I mean doing a Brazilian wax on a guy is just different than female for obvious reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th-whKNygPk

Have also heard men complain too much or otherwise cannot handle pain. This was about waxing so don't know about how much laser hurts if at all.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:11 PM

1,602 posts, read 1,914,498 times
Quote:
This was about waxing so don't know about how much laser hurts if at all.
Laser literally feels like a rubber band snapping against your skin, plus some heat. For non-intimate areas, it's absolutely nothing and is just a little annoying. For the intimate areas, it can get a bit uncomfortable, but is usually over within 30 seconds.

Waxing hurts wayyyyyyy more.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:27 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,882,899 times
Quote:
No the Asian nail salon doesn't care, they will do everything but your junk probably, but I have heard of places that would even do that. The question is would you trust them

Literally no heterosexual man would walk into a salon asking for this - So they would assume you are gay anyway.

I suppose the bigger question is there a difference in how you should go about it even as far as legs, arms and back or chest go. Women's skin is different. Maybe they need to ask a cosmetic Dermatologist clinic.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:32 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,882,899 times
Quote:
For legs, back, arms etc.. don't think that many females doing hair removal object. It's behind, "bikini" and or other intimate areas of men some take objection.

I mean doing a Brazilian wax on a guy is just different than female for obvious reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th-whKNygPk

Have also heard men complain too much or otherwise cannot handle pain. This was about waxing so don't know about how much laser hurts if at all.
Props dude is brave.....

But aside from the balls I don't see how it's THAT different because the female labia or vulva is sensitive as well. If anything the man is lower risk because it's all external epidermis vs. the woman....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City