Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 04:38 PM

3,490 posts, read 1,408,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Also, Reality incoming:

//www.city-data.com/forum/61818358-post8202.html

Remember what was happening in April 2020, people right here in NYC were being sent home to die.

But I guess it's OK and "no big deal", since it wasn't anyone you know huh...
The crazy thing is my cousin was just like most people here.... didn't believe it was serious and never wore a mask, even before getting vaccinated. He even said at one point how this was overhyped because he travels to work everyday (he doesn't WFH) and is exposed to many people everyday and never caught the virus. So he thought it was all a joke. And lo and behold, he finally caught it and now because of him, my aunt is sick in the hospital with the virus that she caught from him.

People will eventually find out the hard way that this is real! They may not have suffered the consequences yet and that's why they are still not taking it seriously, but it's only a matter of time before it hits them if they continue with this "fear mongering" attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 04:51 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifly View Post
Or maybe those other 8 were fired for carrying around forged vaccination cards?

Wonder why they would do that?
Nurses are paid so low they're tempted to engage in illegal racketeering as a side hustle....

This just further proves my point we're going to see a major Exodus of Healthcare workers just as we need them this Winter.

One of my Doctors has never been busier. They are no longer accepting new patients.

Like I said, let's see what happens in a month when someone you know cannot breathe and there's not enough nurses to help.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
He even said at one point how this was overhyped because he travels to work everyday (he doesn't WFH) and is exposed to many people everyday and never caught the virus. So he thought it was all a joke. And lo and behold, he finally caught it and now because of him, my aunt is sick in the hospital with the virus that she caught from him.
Biology is unpredictable and changes with time.
There are too many variables to be taking chances with a novel bat flu virus we still don't know enough about.

But if people want to sit at the Roulette table I can't stop them, all I can do is inform them what's going to happen when they crap out.

I suppose the problem here is people don't appreciate me making others aware of the consequences.

Simplify/BlakeJones:

"Stop explaining the rules to people! "

Old 09-01-2021, 05:05 PM

416 posts, read 247,647 times
Quote:
[b]Nurses are paid so low they're tempted to engage in illegal racketeering as a side hustle....

This just further proves my point we're going to see a major Exodus of Healthcare workers just as we need them this Winter.

One of my Doctors has never been busier. They are no longer accepting new patients.

Like I said, let's see what happens in a month when someone you know cannot breathe and there's not enough nurses to help.
Do you have a hard time reading?

possession of a forged instrument, accusing them of purchasing cards from Clifford. =/= engage in illegal racketeering as a side hustle

The 13 workers were caught in possession of forged vaccination cards, not for selling them as a side hustle.

& No, nurses are not paid "so low" as they make 80k and with covid pay, it's over 6 figures.
Again, you seem to be pulling statistics out your ass.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifly View Post
Do you have a hard time reading?

possession of a forged instrument, accusing them of purchasing cards from Clifford. =/= engage in illegal racketeering as a side hustle

The 13 workers were caught in possession of forged vaccination cards, not for selling them as a side hustle.
Let's not nitpick here, Tony Soprano wouldn't be proud but that's all the DA could get them on. It was a full on business complete with a sales funnel, refer-a-friend and social media marketing.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:11 PM

416 posts, read 247,647 times
Quote:
Let's not nitpick here, Tony Soprano wouldn't be proud but that's all the DA could get them on. It was a full on business complete with a sales funnel, refer-a-friend and social media marketing.
So you do have a hard time reading, got it

Old 09-01-2021, 05:12 PM

5,668 posts, read 2,608,456 times
They should just close this thread and take all this talk to the Vaccine thread.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:21 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
There's no fear mongering. I've recently lost count on how many of my personal relatives have gotten Covid
And are they dead or not?

Old 09-01-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
As if there's nothing in-between which is not burdensome or expensive....

Old 09-01-2021, 06:26 PM

1,064 posts, read 544,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You can't be that ignorant to think that's all that matters when you look at a disease or a condition, can you?

My relative had a kidney infection when young that led to him having no kidney function as an adult and he had to go on dialysis and then have a transplant and be on meds for the rest of his life. If that was you getting kidney disease and being on dialysis, should we just say, oh, no big deal, it didn't kill him.

Or what about an autoimmune thing like rheumatoid arthritis, where you could be in pain all the time, your joints disfigured, with fatigue. Same thing, no big deal, it's not like it killed him.

Yeah ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City