Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 08:47 AM

927 posts, read 586,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Thr CCP Plan to Divide New Yorkers and Americans has been a wild success.

Black vs White
Democrat vs Republican
Christian vs Muslim
Health vs Freedom
Citizens vs Globalist:

There I edited your quote for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 08:48 AM

927 posts, read 586,360 times
How did this thread go from transits to a bunch of other stuff about hospitals and poor people?

Old 11-09-2021, 09:05 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I'm all for shedding the masks when I'm outdoors or even at stores when I'm out and about and just passing by people. But in the subway where you are packed like sardines, with homeless people and all sorts of people carry who-know-what disease, then I'm wearing a mask. Putting on a mask for just 30 or so minutes when I'm on the train is annoying, but a brief annoyance that I'm willing to deal with if that means I won't be sick in bed with a fever and head congestion for several days on end.

And yes, getting vaxed protects you against Covid, but not against any other disease that's roaming around. I used to get sick so many times every Fall/Winter and would eat up my sick days at work. Now I haven't got sick in two years ever since I've been wearing a mask when I'm in close proximity with people.

Seriously, the subway is the DIRTIEST and MOST DISGUSTING place in the universe. It's ridden with homeless people and the filthiest people you could ever imagine! And I really don't think they clean the subways very well. Our political leaders say they do, but they are still pretty filthy! And even if they do, that still doesn't change the fact that the dirtiest people ride the trains!

yes, I do the same,

while no one hates the masks more than i do,

i dont ride the subway that much,

so when i do,

i will wear the mask.
yes, it is annoying, but the the hour or less, I can do it.

Old 11-09-2021, 03:08 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
After what we went through with this pandemic, I don't understand how anyone can not wear a mask on the subway. You are in such close proximity with a bunch of strangers and the subway is so dirty and people are so disgusting! Ugh, mandatory or not, I'm wearing a face mask on the subway for the rest of my life. I bet that's why I used to get sick all the time during the Fall/Winter.
I don't anymore, it's time to move on. Up and down Manhattan, nobody says anything

BTW, latest studies show mask effectiveness at stopping spread indoors is roughly 20%

Old 11-09-2021, 08:07 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I don't anymore, it's time to move on. Up and down Manhattan, nobody says anything

BTW, latest studies show mask effectiveness at stopping spread indoors is roughly 20%
True but the subway is just ew, so gross!! Filthy subway cars, filthy poles, rat infested stations….. I mean, seriously, it’s so disgusting!! Do people really want to walk into the subway without covering up??

Old 11-11-2021, 09:22 AM

1,146 posts, read 859,868 times
Quote:
I'm all for shedding the masks when I'm outdoors or even at stores when I'm out and about and just passing by people. But in the subway where you are packed like sardines, with homeless people and all sorts of people carrying who-knows-what disease, then I'm wearing a mask. Putting on a mask for just 30 or so minutes when I'm on the train is annoying, but a brief annoyance that I'm willing to deal with if that means I won't be sick in bed with a fever and head congestion for several days on end.

And yes, getting vaxed protects you against Covid, but not against any other disease that's roaming around. I used to get sick so many times every Fall/Winter and would eat up my sick days at work. Now I haven't got sick in two years ever since I've been wearing a mask when I'm in close proximity with people.

Seriously, the subway is the DIRTIEST and MOST DISGUSTING place in the universe. It's ridden with homeless people and the filthiest people you could ever imagine! And I really don't think they clean the subways very well. Our political leaders say they do, but they are still pretty filthy! And even if they do, that still doesn't change the fact that the dirtiest people ride the trains!
I agree, putting on a mask on a crowded subway would probably have been a good idea even before COVID considering you are surrounded by germs, bacteria, disease, and homelessness. However, it should still be a personal choice....not a Government mandate. Furthermore, there are times I am on the subway and it is not crowded and I am not even close to anyone else. I personally do NOT wear a mask in those cases because it is pointless. Also, no one is getting fined for not wearing one unless you refuse to wear one AFTER an officer asks you to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City