Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 06:21 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifly View Post
Aren't you a bit biased with this discussion since you are the WFH pro-lockdown user on this forum?
I'm pro-WFH but not pro-lockdown

But we need lockdowns because Americans don't want to wear masks.....

And even regarding WFH I'm not so short sighted to let my own bias cloud my judgment.

I actually went out MORE during summer 2020 because there were less people in Manhattan (and it wasn't blistering hot like this summer). COVID Rates were lower and people were more responsible and respectful of guidance.

Now people are "over it" which is fine by me but don't complain later when Hochul tweets we need to go back to restrictions because hospitals are overwhelmed and we're back in the red zone.

I get accused of being selfish all day on here... but it seems because I live near a hospital and have been treated there in the past pre-COVID - that I'm the only one thinking about our health care workers and the strife they had to deal with.

It amazes me you have people walking around with Diabetes, Heart disease, COPD like life is normal, putting themselves at risk and not thinking about potential complications in the ICU.

Many of you don't understand how hard severe COVID is to manage with co-morbidities, and even without them. Y'all want freedom and then want Nurse Bridgette to patch you up after being out there reckless "living your best life"

Please

I have seen time and time again people tweeting from the ICU just before intubation "I'm so sorry mama I'll be more careful next time I'll do this and that"

Meanwhile your dumb *** isn't thinking of that nurse who has to save your selfish effing life because you just had to be free and go to the block party right? She gotta work OT because you never thought you'd be sick it's just a cold/flu right

If some of you understood the dire state of Healthcare staffing right now you'd put yourselves on lockdown. But I guess when your daddy or brother dies of a heart attack because the ICU was full from COVID you'll get it then. I feel sorry for your mother.

Rant over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 07:03 AM

3,493 posts, read 1,409,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo Gibby View Post
There's a much closer correlation between anti-masking and stupidity.

I can understand people's reason for anti-masking and such, but rules are rules. If masks are the rules on the subway, then wear one! Same goes for all the other rules on the subways or any other establishment you enter.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:40 AM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I can understand people's reason for anti-masking and such, but rules are rules. If masks are the rules on the subway, then wear one! Same goes for all the other rules on the subways or any other establishment you enter.
What's your line for "rules are rules"? Like if the government "rules" say you are to turn in your neighbor for having a backyard party, will you follow it? I mean, "rules are rules" right?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-01-2021, 08:51 AM

416 posts, read 247,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I'm pro-WFH but not pro-lockdown

But we need lockdowns because Americans don't want to wear masks.....

And even regarding WFH I'm not so short sighted to let my own bias cloud my judgment.

I actually went out MORE during summer 2020 because there were less people in Manhattan (and it wasn't blistering hot like this summer). COVID Rates were lower and people were more responsible and respectful of guidance.

Now people are "over it" which is fine by me but don't complain later when Hochul tweets we need to go back to restrictions because hospitals are overwhelmed and we're back in the red zone.

I get accused of being selfish all day on here... but it seems because I live near a hospital and have been treated there in the past pre-COVID - that I'm the only one thinking about our health care workers and the strife they had to deal with.

It amazes me you have people walking around with Diabetes, Heart disease, COPD like life is normal, putting themselves at risk and not thinking about potential complications in the ICU.

Many of you don't understand how hard severe COVID is to manage with co-morbidities, and even without them. Y'all want freedom and then want Nurse Bridgette to patch you up after being out there reckless "living your best life"

Please

I have seen time and time again people tweeting from the ICU just before intubation "I'm so sorry mama I'll be more careful next time I'll do this and that"

Meanwhile your dumb *** isn't thinking of that nurse who has to save your selfish effing life because you just had to be free and go to the block party right? She gotta work OT because you never thought you'd be sick it's just a cold/flu right

If some of you understood the dire state of Healthcare staffing right now you'd put yourselves on lockdown. But I guess when your daddy or brother dies of a heart attack because the ICU was full from COVID you'll get it then. I feel sorry for your mother.

Rant over.
Love all the fear mongering in your posts! Please retweet all those tweets you have seen, on here! Would love to read them!

As for the rest of your post, Pro-WFH goes hand in hand with Pro-Lockdowns, if you didn't have lockdowns, you wouldn't be WFH

And for the what I bolded, are we talking about the same nurses and hospital staff that are refusing to get vaccinated?

You want to know what the second leading cause for covid-19 cases ending up in ICU behind co-morbidities according to the CDC? Anxiety and fear

I feel sorry for mother, father, sister, brother, cousin, nephew, niece, aunt, and uncle with all the scare-tactics you try to inflict on them

Old 09-01-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Love all the fear mongering in your posts! Please retweet all those tweets you have seen, on here! Would love to read them!

As for the rest of your post, Pro-WFH goes hand in hand with Pro-Lockdowns, if you didn't have lockdowns, you wouldn't be WFH

And for the what I bolded, are we talking about the same nurses and hospital staff that are refusing to get vaccinated?

You want to know what the second leading cause for covid-19 cases ending up in ICU behind co-morbidities according to the CDC? Anxiety and fear

I feel sorry for mother, father, sister, brother, cousin, nephew, niece, aunt, and uncle with all the scare-tactics you try to inflict on them
Caring about Nurse health is fear mongering - Got it

You are so full of it.

600k+ died due to COVID - How many people committed suicide due to mental stress from lockdowns?

In 2019 50k Americans died from suicide: https://afsp.org/suicide-statistics/

It sucks that we have to choose either/or but the numbers are clear. 10x the massacre with unchecked COVID.

The facts don't care about your feelings . 53,847 NYers have died from COVID alone and Cancer/Heart Disease killed fewer NYers in 2019 than that COMBINED...

Old 09-01-2021, 09:19 AM

416 posts, read 247,713 times
Quote:
Caring about Nurse health is fear mongering - Got it

You are so full of it.

600k+ died due to COVID - How many people committed suicide due to mental stress from lockdowns?

In 2019 50k Americans died from suicide: https://afsp.org/suicide-statistics/

It sucks that we have to choose either/or but the numbers are clear. 10x the massacre with unchecked COVID.

The facts don't care about your feelings . 53,847 NYers have died from COVID alone and Cancer/Heart Disease killed fewer NYers in 2019 than that COMBINED...
The fear mongering statement was more so about your statement,
Quote:
which is why I asked you to post those tweet here so I could read them

As for your claim that I am full of it, I already said it was from a CDC study so if "I'm" full of it, CDC is full of it

per cdc:
Quote:
Relative risk of death in the full model was 30% higher with obesity (95% CI, 27%–33%), 28% higher with anxiety and fear-related disorders (95% CI, 25%–31%), 26% higher with diabetes with complication (95% CI, 24%–28%), 21% higher with CKD (95% CI, 19%–24%), 18% higher with neurocognitive disorders including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease (95% CI, 15%–21%), 18% higher with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and bronchiectasis (95% CI, 16%–20%), 17% higher with aplastic anemia including anemia in CKD (95% CI, 14%–19%), 14% higher with coronary atherosclerosis and other heart disease (95% CI, 12%–16%), and 4% higher with thyroid disorders including hypothyroidism (95% CI, 2%–6%) (Table 2). These conditions were also associated with a higher risk of IMV and ICU admission.
Quote:
Anxiety and fear-related disorders were a prevalent condition in our sample; they were also the second highest risk factor for death among the underlying conditions considered in our study. The reasons for this finding are likely multifactorial and may include a reduced ability to prevent infection among patients with anxiety disorders, the immunomodulatory and/or cardiovascular effects of medications used to treat these disorders, or severe COVID-19 illness exacerbating anxiety disorders (19,20). In a subset of patients with pre-COVID encounters in our study, anxiety diagnosed before COVID-19 was not independently associated with death or IMV during COVID-19 hospitalization and, therefore, it is also plausible that anxiety was diagnosed during COVID-19 illness and may be a resulting sequela of COVID-19 (21). Future studies could explore the temporal and causal associations between anxiety disorders and severe COVID-19 illness.
Quote:
Our study found that 9 of 18 frequent underlying medical conditions among adults hospitalized with COVID-19 were associated with severe illness. Combined with the high prevalence of these conditions (affecting 81.9% of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in PHD-SR), this finding suggests a potentially high impact at the population level. The highest risk of severe COVID-19 illness was associated with obesity, anxiety and fear-related disorders, diabetes with complication, CKD, and neurocognitive disorders. Among patients younger than 40, essential hypertension was also a risk factor for death. The total number of underlying medical conditions was a strong risk factor of severe COVID-19 illness. Preventing COVID-19 in populations with these conditions and multiple conditions should remain a public health priority, along with targeted mitigation efforts and ensuring high uptake of vaccine, when available, in these people and their close contacts.

https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/21_0123.htm

But please, continue with your fear mongering

You forgot to include that we are almost at 40,000,000 cases ; that's 40 MILLION cases in the US

Quote:
How many people committed suicide due to mental stress from lockdowns?
I'm not sure, do you want me to find a study on it?

Old 09-01-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
But please, continue with your fear mongering

You forgot to include that we are almost at 40,000,000 cases ; that's 40 MILLION cases in the US
Let me help you out:

At least 30M of those cases were with the Alpha variant.

The Delta variant has been regarded as "practically a new virus" and there is even a NY Delta Plus variant now as well as an offshoot of a Brazilian variant now labeled 'P-1' : https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...ed-in-new-york

Anyone sick with Alpha through natural infection or got vaccinated in February is now fully vulnerable to Delta. A dumb vacationer to Cancun is potentially dead from the Lambda variant in Mexico. He thought he would be OK because he had prior immunity from the Alpha variant.

CDC graphs show "Anxiety and Fear" - Did you really not realize that COVID can cause neurological disturbances both in "moderate" and "severe" cases...

I can't help it that I'm simply more informed than you.

How silly would it be to expect someone about to be intubated NOT to experience Anxiety or Fear?

Old 09-01-2021, 09:59 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Anyone sick with Alpha through natural infection or got vaccinated in February is now fully vulnerable to Delta
so what? you won't die from it

Old 09-01-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
so what? you won't die from it
Breakthrough Death Rate is currently 1 in 10,000 in Nevada. (https://www.reviewjournal.com/invest...y-2430624/amp/) this is only in month 2 of Delta... Before it was 1 in 100k.

The vaccine immunity is apparently fading each month for at least 50% of recipients who were vaccinated in Feb/March. So quickly - that boosters are already being recommended for the General pop starting October...

So given the speed Delta has reached measurable breakthrough hospitalization and deaths in just under 3 months, combined with Winter coming - How long do you think your cavalier attitude can last before things get serious again

Old 09-01-2021, 10:29 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
I recently took the 4 train. The subway car was crowded. Everyone had a mask on, except two men. They were both obese and wore clothing indicating that perhaps they were tourists, but I don’t know.

Question: if you take the subway or other transit and do not wear a mask, why?

Even if you think that masks are ineffective or offensive from a political standpoint, it’s a requirement and the MTA can fine you. None of those reasons suffice?
Because I'm vaccinated so literally fu** you for trying to force others to live their lives in face diapers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City